Wrestlemania 40 - April 6-7, 2024, Live from Philidelphia, PA (Matches Added to OP)

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Back from Mania. Some thoughts:

Jimmy v Jey was BAD. So many super kicks, slow match, the crowd wanted to get into it but the match was so bad they gave up. Jey is OVER Jimmy got CDQ damn near. He needed this win more than Jey. Worst match of the night.

Ladder match was great and R Truth is super over. I yelled when he grabbed the belts, I’m glad he’s getting a transitional run. Both teams who won should’ve won

Genuinely surprised Sami beat Gunther, but that begs the question why wasn’t this Gable? Sami doesn’t need this belt again.

Wrong winner in the Mysterio tag matchup. It should’ve been Dom, so he can have a win against Rey at mania to set up a hair v mask match or some shyt. Carlito didn’t turn? So many missed opportunities

Rock and Roman tag match was amazing just off the strength of the rock. He did way more than I thought he would and didn’t half ass it. Looks like he’s in it for the long haul

The crowd was decent, but died once the weather got colder and windier. Took the heat from them especially during the 6 woman tag match. They loved Jade though. That match did what it needed to do so I was pleased.

Becky/Rhea was good. Becky needs to gain some weight, she doesn’t look believable at all against Rhea especially with Jade and Bianca in the mix. She isn’t the top guy, she’s a number 2-3 like her husband

Night 2 should be epic, but fukk this weather. Also WWE needs to tighten up their production because it takes Way too long in between matches, especially when you have 72K fans outside in 45 degree windy weather. Kids and adults were audibly upset at how long it took to get to the final matches

Night 1 - 7/10

My seat was FIRE. Only $225 (sounds like a lot, but trust me that was a steal compared to others paid in that section)

were you in the 200s lol?

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
The matches were decent overall, but the overabundance of ad placement and shoddy production were really messing with me. There was also NO gravitas or grandiose feeling with this as the 40th anniversary. No hype package, pyro, legends, or anything. It just feels like another by-the-numbers Mania. :why: :beli:

RegB

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder how fast they're going to transition Paul from Roman to Bron if roman loses, Paul's hof speech all but told us that Bron's the next Paul Heyman guy..

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GKhmNXGW4AAJ-aA
giphy.gif

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I don't think Rock will face Cody in the future.

Cody will win tomorrow, get a few cheap pops for a month or so then lose to Gunther and all order will be restored.

Roman vs Gunther at SS.
Gunther ain't beating Rhodes at SS. Rhodes probably gonna be a Smackdown soon anyway