Worst examples of bro science you've experienced?

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This is a box squat

Notice his feet don't lift off of the ground and its parallel

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I said it was based on some truth and its better for people in the general public to not eat late night before bed which is where that "after 9" shyt came from. Common sense would tell you that in one of the fattest countries in the world it might be better to be safe than sorry with your eating habits if you're overweight or borderline

You applied that to your specific situation when obviously everything doesn't apply to everyone or even most people. How many people know their "maintenance" amount and follow it? It's called a general rule for a reason

Like I said, be dumb as hell. Keep it moving

So wait. your flawed logic is okay because you are only applying it to the flabby and sick instead people who know what they are doing?:skip:
Its true because people are ignorant?:skip:
And you train people like this?:skip:

I'm dumb as hell for actually having deep knowledge of nutrition and fitness and basing my opinions off of that and not some lard ass and "general rules"? :skip:

:skip:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So wait. your flawed logic is okay because you are only applying it to the flabby and sick instead people who know what they are doing?:skip:
Its true because people are ignorant?:skip:
And you train people like this?:skip:

I'm dumb as hell for actually having deep knowledge of nutrition and fitness and basing my opinions off of that and not some lard ass and "general rules"? :skip:

:skip:

:snoop:

I understand you want to argue too but there really isn't anything else to add to this discussion. I made my statement, posted proof backing up what I said, and explained what I meant by saying what i said. I could've been more clear and did a better job I'll admit but this is getting embarrassing

Worry about training yourself so you look like you lift instead of looking like a 15 year old basketball player.

Now like I said earlier, go mind your business and debate with someone on your level.

Ohms Law

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#Byrd Gang
Not to take sides in this fukkery but box squats are the truth. Posterior chain and hammy action. If he can box squat 405 he could most definitely do without it.:francis:

His range of motion on this "sit down" squat :skip: was about 8 inches. He isnt squating 405 below parallel breh.

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
All that shyt is true bruh fukk you mean?
1. Although bench press is the best upper body exercise, you can't do bench alone. You still need to do exercises that isolate the specific muscles to get gains. Plus although it is good for chest, biceps and triceps it does not target the back and barely effects the lats. You need to do a variety of exercises to increase gains and not plateau. Even if you only add dumbell presses you will start to see gains much faster.

2. Weightlifting is only cardio when done in a circuit i.e. going rapidly between machines with no break in between. Lifting weights for 30 seconds then sitting for 3 mins and repeating is not cardio.

3. Supplements are at best a placebo and at worst contain heavy metals which cannot be metabolized. Most of the ingredients are not from natural sources so your body just excretes it. Diet and exercise will always be the determining factor. Guys in jail get massive and their only "supplements" are peanut butter and tuna fish.

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Five star'd the thread after the first few pages.....Then nikkas started arguing I had to take my stars back lol what the fukk man y'all derailed the fukk out of dude's thread :snoop:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yea can we just go back to the fukkery we hear at the gym :snoop:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
"Your six pack is made In the kitchen"

nikkas actually think they don't need to work out ab muscles to get a good definition. :mjlol:

"U need to eat at least 1g of proteins per body pound"

another bullshyt ass theory. I weight 167 and consume about 80g of protein and do just fine. Everybody body is different and how your body cycles proteins.
Actually the nugget of truth to the bold is that your habits outside of the gym are what ultimately contributes to weight/fat loss so you can actually see them. Plus on top of that through powerlifting people get some solid, well defined cores as well.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I think the obsession with the squat as a glute builder is pretty hilarious when you consider a lot of deadlift movements are superior for building hamstrings and glutes.

Or the retarded notion that the squat is an isolation exercise. People should just do them for overall strength and development. Even if it's not super heavy, just fukkin' do the damn things.
People really think this :wtf: