Worst examples of bro science you've experienced?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
the biggest modern day bro science has to be the whole myth about eating fat makes you fat

this whole time the biggest culprit was carbs, which has caused this obesity epidemic in America

:snoop:

And "fat makes you fat" wasn't bro science....that was, "science" science for a long time. Doesn't help that we named them the same fukking thing lol.

But yeah, carbs aren't the cause of obesity either lol.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Funny thing is a lot of people who are in shape don't even count calories.
Probably most don't.

Unless you have highly specific targets, you can live with the margin of error of estimating, no?

:yeshrug:

Of course, but without counting at some point, most people have no idea what they're estimating. They don't know what 2 TBSP of peanut butter looks like....or 3/4 cup of cereal....etc.

Count what you eat for a couple weeks, and go from there. You have to have a baseline to start from.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
What the fukk?

This is awful advice.

Not really. If u already know your body then it's not necessary. It's only recommended if u plan on losing weight or gaining it. A lot of fitness gurus don't even keep track because they know their body and can maintain.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
And eating food that late is bad for most people because they go to bed soon after. If you're sleep you aren't burning calories so it does just get stored as fat

Paging Dr. Bro.......

Eating shytty food late, i.e. food that puts in a caloric surplus, makes you fat.

LOL @ "stored as fat" because you're sleeping.

God damn....Google still works right?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Not really. If u already know your body then it's not necessary. It's only recommended if u plan on losing weight or gaining it. A lot of fitness gurus don't even keep track because they know their body and can maintain.

No shyt, but telling people that counting calories/weighing food is only good if you're competing is absurd. Those fitness gurus KNOW what their diet is, they aren't just winging it.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
No shyt, but telling people that counting calories/weighing food is only good if you're competing is absurd. Those fitness gurus KNOW what their diet is, they aren't just winging it.

I should of specify in that post that our conversation wasn't for someone who just started. Obviously if ur just starting out and your a heavy eater then yeah u need to keep track. But for most people who are in shape and eat good don't need to unless they are gonna do some competition. That's where my statement came from

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
But for most people who are in shape and eat good don't need to unless they are gonna do some competition. That's where my statement came from

No shyt. Why even post that?

If you don't need/want to change your body, then obviously you don't NEED to change your diet.....but when people are looking for advice, they're clearly looking to change something....thus the reason this thread and the entire fitness industry exist.

:mindblown:

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
No shyt. Why even post that?

If you don't need/want to change your body, then obviously you don't NEED to change your diet.....but when people are looking for advice, they're clearly looking to change something....thus the reason this thread and the entire fitness industry exist.

:mindblown:

U sound angry, relax. I was conversing with another poster and it want aimed as advice if u can read our conversation. I've already stated that counting calories is needed when u first start out so why u in here acting like a female for?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

And "fat makes you fat" wasn't bro science....that was, "science" science for a long time. Doesn't help that we named them the same fukking thing lol.

I always thought "calories makes you fat" was a pretty sound theory but hey what do I know:russell:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Post corporate sponsored articles like a retard :snoop:

I posted university and .gov studies you idiot which you specifically said I couldn't post any concrete scientific proof.

From your links

NEs consumed more calories per day (4758) than did non-NEs (4244; P = 0.02),

Late sleepers consumed more calories at dinner and after 8:00 PM, had higher fast food, full-calorie soda and lower fruit and vegetable consumption

Eating late is CORRELATED with obesity. But that's a long way from suggesting is CAUSES obesity.

7Dyce7

Rookie
Daps

i dont even think that was science. that seems like a clear case of effective lobbying. that's the corporate illuminati for ya.

carbs dont cause obesity, but man, that food pyramid sure did fuk people up the past couple decades. junk food which contains a lot of refined carbs are scientifically designed to make people hungry.

meanwhile, a low carb diet oxidizes fat much better, and prevents hunger feeling

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Paging Dr. Bro.......

Eating shytty food late, i.e. food that puts in a caloric surplus, makes you fat.

LOL @ "stored as fat" because you're sleeping.

God damn....Google still works right?

That's already been clarified. You're a week late

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
From your links

Eating late is CORRELATED with obesity. But that's a long way from suggesting is CAUSES obesity.

You're arguing semantics here and it doesn't change my original point that avoiding eating late night before bed is based on real science

This has already been discussed

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
You're arguing semantics here and it doesn't change my original point that avoiding eating late night before bed is based on real science

This has already been discussed

The only effect eating late night has on anyone is if that person is doing strength training as u burn calories in your sleep as your muscles repair themselves. Other then that small factor, eating late night has shyt to do with someone's weight.