Worst examples of bro science you've experienced?

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The only effect eating late night has on anyone is if that person is doing strength training as u burn calories in your sleep as your muscles repair themselves. Other then that small factor, eating late night has shyt to do with someone's weight.

Like I said before, generally speaking for the average person late night snaking or eating heavy meals for dinner isn't a good idea because of the fact that most people are consuming way more calories than they need anyway. In a place where the obesity rate is as high as it is this is good general advice

For the person eating healthy, working and keeping an eye on what they're eating and how much they're eating then it doesn't apply to them. The fact is these types of people are in a very small minority

Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone's specific situation but I didn't think that needed to be stated

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Like I said before, generally speaking for the average person late night snaking or eating heavy meals for dinner isn't a good idea because of the fact that most people are consuming way more calories than they need anyway. In a place where the obesity rate is as high as it is this is good general advice

For the person eating healthy, working and keeping an eye on what they're eating and how much they're eating then it doesn't apply to them. The fact is these types of people are in a very small minority

Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone's specific situation but I didn't think that needed to be stated

So basically your saying it's not the fact that they eat late night that's making them fat but the people who do eat late night most likely are eating over their caloric maintenance intake?

Also if someone is not eating healthy then they are gonna gain weight regardless of the time of the day. Like u stated, they probably are eating over their calorie intake by nightfall

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
You're arguing semantics here and it doesn't change my original point that avoiding eating late night before bed is based on real science

This has already been discussed

The difference between correlation and causation isn't semantics lol

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

thats cool and all but when i said this

breh you could eat your full allotment of calories at any point in the day and if you eating at maintenance or a deficit you won't be gaining weight. I don't know how a trainer doesn't know this shyt. This is literally one of the dumbest fukking things I've ever heard and here you are mr.trainer not only entertaining it but co signing it. hilarious. You show me some concrete scientific proof that eating before bed causes weight gain (you can't/won't).

why were still arguing with me since you are now pretty much parroting what I posted:jbhmm:

semtex

:)
Daps
I really hate those eat 6 small meals portion the size of your palm ass muhfukkas with a passion. And those "don't eat past a certain time" ass muhfukkas and lets not forget the I eat nothing but Dry ass chicken breast and asparagus ass muhfukkas :comeon: I eat shrimp seasoned to perfection and all kinds of good shyt that's still healthy and I cheat once a week eating donuts and all kinds of shyt and still got abs showing losing weight like a muhfukka:troll: That bro science shyt should only be used for fat slobs because its a "set schedule" of sorts. If you tell them muhfukkas that they can just watch calories and still lose weight they will be hanging themselves tryna Eat donuts and pizza everyday and end up going over calories and still being a fat ass wondering why they can't lose weight
:denzelol:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

Sure it's good advice. If someone is struggling to keep a caloric deficit, cutting a snack/calories from ANY time of day is good advice.

But that's not what you said earlier. You said eating late was a bad idea because "your body isn't burning calories so it gets stored as fat" which is utter horseshyt.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Sure it's good advice. If someone is struggling to keep a caloric deficit, cutting a snack/calories from ANY time of day is good advice.

But that's not what you said earlier. You said eating late was a bad idea because "your body isn't burning calories so it gets stored as fat" which is utter horseshyt.

Okay, that was clarified earlier so you're beating a dead horse

thats cool and all but when i said this

why were still arguing with me since you are now pretty much parroting what I posted:jbhmm:

Somebody else quoted me with the same exact thing you and me already discussed

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The difference between correlation and causation isn't semantics lol

You're arguing the wording I used which I admitted earlier could've have been stated better on my end. This has been discussed already in this thread

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
You're arguing the wording I used which I admitted earlier could've have been stated better on my end. This has been discussed already in this thread

I guess that's one way to say "I was wrong, thank you for correcting my misinformation in a thread about misinformation"

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I guess that's one way to say "I was wrong, thank you for correcting my misinformation in a thread about misinformation"

You have posting anything that hasn't been discussed over a week ago. You're late to the party but if that makes you feel better :yeshrug: shyt is dead and I'm done with it

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
"Your six pack is made In the kitchen"

nikkas actually think they don't need to work out ab muscles to get a good definition. :mjlol:

"U need to eat at least 1g of proteins per body pound"

another bullshyt ass theory. I weight 167 and consume about 80g of protein and do just fine. Everybody body is different and how your body cycles proteins.

Hmmm in 2 minds about this, it is true that if you have a low BF% then abs will show, see any skinny guy lol

You dont directly need to do an ab day persay, other exercises that are working your core - overhead press etc, will work your abs anyway.

I havent done an ab workout in months, but my abs are good.
:yeshrug:

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Have protein straight after a workout, so your body can absorb it right away
:comeon:

Having a pump = a great workout session

Eating after 9pm will make you fat

Your body can only burn X amount of protein

On the bench spin the weights to make it harder and make more gains because of gravity