Worst examples of bro science you've experienced?

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I really hate those eat 6 small meals portion the size of your palm ass muhfukkas with a passion. And those "don't eat past a certain time" ass muhfukkas and lets not forget the I eat nothing but Dry ass chicken breast and asparagus ass muhfukkas :comeon: I eat shrimp seasoned to perfection and all kinds of good shyt that's still healthy and I cheat once a week eating donuts and all kinds of shyt and still got abs showing losing weight like a muhfukka:troll: That bro science shyt should only be used for fat slobs because its a "set schedule" of sorts. If you tell them muhfukkas that they can just watch calories and still lose weight they will be hanging themselves tryna Eat donuts and pizza everyday and end up going over calories and still being a fat ass wondering why they can't lose weight

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Iono if it's considered Bro-science or just a flat out fukking lie....But those p90x transformation videos on youtube claiming they went from a fat slob to ripped up in 90 days :comeon:

lol,we need to sue them nikkas for false advertising. P90x is a fitness program, not a muscle builder. U dont gain muscles gains and if u do its minimal and its all noob gains. I dont discredit the workouts but the marketing and BS they spew is where my beef is at

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
I really hate those eat 6 small meals portion the size of your palm ass muhfukkas with a passion. And those "don't eat past a certain time" ass muhfukkas and lets not forget the I eat nothing but Dry ass chicken breast and asparagus ass muhfukkas :comeon: I eat shrimp seasoned to perfection and all kinds of good shyt that's still healthy and I cheat once a week eating donuts and all kinds of shyt and still got abs showing losing weight like a muhfukka:troll: That bro science shyt should only be used for fat slobs because its a "set schedule" of sorts. If you tell them muhfukkas that they can just watch calories and still lose weight they will be hanging themselves tryna Eat donuts and pizza everyday and end up going over calories and still being a fat ass wondering why they can't lose weight

i dont mind the portion size theory but the 5+ meals a day is bullshyt. Theres actually a lot of trainers out there who do the portion size plan. Counting calories is only necessary if u doing some competition shyt.

I wouldnt go as far as measuring foods though,thats too extreme. lol

Just eat clean and stay away from high calorie junk foods and u should be good.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
i dont mind the portion size theory but the 5+ meals a day is bullshyt. Theres actually a lot of trainers out there who do the portion size plan. Counting calories is only necessary if u doing some competition shyt.

If you are trying to add weight with minimal fat gain or lose weight with minimal muscle loss counting has it's benefits.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
If you are trying to add weight with minimal fat gain or lose weight with minimal muscle loss counting has it's benefits.

That's true but I usually just glance at the calories and estimate it. I don't eat enough calories through out the day to gain weight so I really don't count them to a tee.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Double

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Im honestly intrigued on ehere the whole small meal shyt even started.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Im honestly intrigued on ehere the whole small meal shyt even started.

i dunno. But the people who apply it the most are those beach body products(p90x,insanity,ect). It might be to help people eat more calories so they can do the work outs fully :manny:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's true but I usually just glance at the calories and estimate it. I don't eat enough calories through out the day to gain weight so I really don't count them to a tee.
Funny thing is a lot of people who are in shape don't even count calories.
Probably most don't.

Unless you have highly specific targets, you can live with the margin of error of estimating, no?

:yeshrug:

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Probably most don't.

Unless you have highly specific targets, you can live with the margin of error of estimating, no?

thats because a lot of people who are in shape eat clean. Clean foods are typical low to mid range in calories.

Honestly i wouldnt keep count unless i was dedicated to lose 10 pounds in a month or something.

My calorie intake to maintain my current weight while being moderately active is 2100(non active 1900). I work out and burn about 400- 600 calories a day(not including my active work). Math tells me i would need to consume about 3,000 calories a day to add weight which im not even close to doing. Thats why i dont count calories

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Probably most don't.

They do and they don't. More than likely they counted at one point so they can generally estimate totals. Along with that they eat similar consistently so the estimates carry over.

I think counting is good to establish a baseline and directions.

Like @CrazedSoul mentions once you get that locked in maintaining is fairly easy.

Anecdotally on my last cut I lost 17 pounds and some change and didn't formally count a thing.

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
muscle turning into fat and vice versa :aicmon:

Young, this the biggest one. Dudes used to always hit me on some, "yea dogg, you'll have it pretty easy because that fat will turn to muscle." :obama:

My fat ass would be sitting around on some :jbhmm:, I'll be a beast! :gladbron:

Then I started hitting the gym and was benching like a ten on each side. Struggling with 20lbs dumbbells. :snoop:

Realized it's just fat. If I wasn't fat, I'd be super-skinny, not some "naturally strong" brolic dude. :yeshrug:

Huge trade-off on whether to build muscle or lose weight and I used to go back and forth all the time. I've actually gotten stronger and put on a bit of muscle so I feel much more comfortable simply losing weight.

Needing twice your bodyweight (in lbs) of protein every day :huhldup:

:lolbron:

7Dyce7

Rookie
Daps
the biggest modern day bro science has to be the whole myth about eating fat makes you fat

this whole time the biggest culprit was carbs, which has caused this obesity epidemic in America

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

What the fukk?

This is awful advice.