Worst examples of bro science you've experienced?

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
How is this idiot even a mod :mjlol:

Yea, eat all of your calories at one point in time during the day. That's healthy as hell, I'm sure you're an expert on the topic :leostare:

And I'm a personal trainer, not a dietitian. Learn the difference before you make stupid comments.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

you stupid fukk I could just as easily post about 30 articles saying the opposite. I can't believe people allegedly pay you to fill their head with your trash.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Daps
to many people in my circle are straight pet of getting under the squat rack, thinking it'll fukk up their back even with proper form :stopitslime: or the classic, that "squats stunt your growth" :mjlol::comeon:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Myth Busted? Should You Not Eat Before Bed? | Davey Wavey Fitness
Is it true I shouldn't eat one hour before bed?
5 Reasons Why You SHOULD Eat Before Bed - Healthy Simple Life
The Negative Effects of Eating Before Bed
You Asked: Will Eating Before Bed Make Me Fat?

fukking clown :snoop:

nikkas gain weight from eating shytty things that make them go over their maintenance before bed, not because "oh fukk I ate dinner at 10 pm gonna blow up now"

idiot.

Post corporate sponsored articles like a retard :snoop:

I posted university and .gov studies you idiot which you specifically said I couldn't post any concrete scientific proof.

Based on you're stupid logic, if a person ate zero calories all day then ate a 2000 calorie burger before going to bed ( 2000 calories being their maintenance or BMR if you knew what you were talking about ) they wouldn't gain any fat. You don't even understand the processes your body goes through when you don't eat for awhile and when you're eating frequently.

The calories you burn or consume during the day aren't static. Quit giving out terrible advice when you probably look like shyt or if you can't understand that you're too stupid to figure out you don't know what you're talking about.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they said deadlifts and squats are only for women because they train the ass:beli:

I think the obsession with the squat as a glute builder is pretty hilarious when you consider a lot of deadlift movements are superior for building hamstrings and glutes.

Or the retarded notion that the squat is an isolation exercise. People should just do them for overall strength and development. Even if it's not super heavy, just fukkin' do the damn things.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Luck @itsyoung!! no homo but you fellas need to post some pics in here. I've seen luck OHP 225, that's big boy weight but then again he's big as fukk pause.

Let's see some front double bis, some side chests, rear glute spreads, front/rear lat spreads. Let's settle this once and for all

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Post corporate sponsored articles like a retard :snoop:

I posted university and .gov studies you idiot which you specifically said I couldn't post any concrete scientific proof.

Based on you're stupid logic, if a person ate zero calories all day then ate a 2000 calorie burger before going to bed ( 2000 calories being their maintenance or BMR if you knew what you were talking about ) they wouldn't gain any fat. You don't even understand the processes your body goes through when you don't eat for awhile and when you're eating frequently.

The calories you burn or consume during the day aren't static. Quit giving out terrible advice when you probably look like shyt or if you can't understand that you're too stupid to figure out you don't know what you're talking about.

:mjlol:

I'm like 10% bf and can squat 315 bench 225 and dead 315 at 125. I'm strong as shyt for my size and lean to boot. I'm pretty sure I haven't had anyone tell me "hey zeus you look like shyt" ever. Note how I haven't said anything about your supposed physique because it doesn't add or subtract from the dumb shyt you are saying. Like whats the sinister agenda here. Most of the shyt you posted was like "well you can eat before you go to sleep just not bullshyt" which is obvious anyone with a brain. There is no difference between eating 700 calories at 7 or 9 pm. To believe there is you are retarded. Who the fukk said calories gained/lost are static?????? obviously they are not. like...Americas is a great place. all I can say. It lets people bad at their job like you make a living. I have to salute that.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

I'm like 10% bf and can squat 315 bench 225 and dead 315 at 125. I'm strong as shyt for my size and lean to boot. I'm pretty sure I haven't had anyone tell me "hey zeus you look like shyt" ever. Note how I haven't said anything about your supposed physique because it doesn't add or subtract from the dumb shyt you are saying. Like whats the sinister agenda here. Most of the shyt you posted was like "well you can eat before you go to sleep just not bullshyt" which is obvious anyone with a brain. There is no difference between eating 700 calories at 7 or 9 pm. To believe there is you are retarded. Who the fukk said calories gained/lost are static?????? obviously they are not. like...Americas is a great place. all I can say. It lets people bad at their job like you make a living. I have to salute that.

:dahell: :dahell: 125 pounds. Post some pics no homo.

Sickening genetics on the coli

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to many people in my circle are straight pet of getting under the squat rack, thinking it'll fukk up their back even with proper form :stopitslime: or the classic, that "squats stunt your growth" :mjlol::comeon:

I don't know if this counts as bro science but probably more of a misconception: deadlifts/squats, heavy posterior chain movements will lead to bad backs etc. If more people did exercises that promoted good posture and strong backs, we'd have less bad backs. As long as people recover properly, use the right amount of weight, and train with the right ROM and form, these exercises are perfectly healthy and safe

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:dahell: :dahell: 125 pounds. Post some pics no homo.

Sickening genetics on the coli

My genes aren't ridiculous outside of pecs and I guess back maybe. Like it honestly doesn't look like I should be able to lift what I do. I'll post some shyt in the next few weeks after I finish my cut. Still have a bit of work to do. And I'm not trying to brag either, just that nikka was like I look like shyt, when I don't. And those numbers are 1rm i'm not repping 225 :laugh:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
@Luck @itsyoung!! no homo but you fellas need to post some pics in here. I've seen luck OHP 225, that's big boy weight but then again he's big as fukk pause.

Let's see some front double bis, some side chests, rear glute spreads, front/rear lat spreads. Let's settle this once and for all

just posted this in this thread;

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/peop...n-your-work-out-videos-unappreciation.341399/

just put a video of me repping 315 on the bench on my ig but again ive never claimed to be "the strongest person in my entire gym" or even close to it. Something hes claimed in this very thread :skip: if someone benching 4 plates is the strongest person in your gym then your gym is garbage just keeping it real :manny:

im weakest person in my work out squad :manny:

hes 6'6 275
im 5'8 180 :heh:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My genes aren't ridiculous outside of pecs and I guess back maybe. Like it honestly doesn't look like I should be able to lift what I do. I'll post some shyt in the next few weeks after I finish my cut. Still have a bit of work to do. And I'm not trying to brag either, just that nikka was like I look like shyt, when I don't. And those numbers are 1rm i'm not repping 225 :laugh:

I don't give a fukk about how you look---not trying to sound rude. I'm just impressed with your numbers. That's serious weight for 125. And this is assuming you're natty :mjpls:. Those African genetics are no joke.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

just posted this in this thread;

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/peop...n-your-work-out-videos-unappreciation.341399/

just put a video of me repping 315 on the bench on my ig but again ive never claimed to be "the strongest person in my entire gym" or even close to it. Something hes claimed in this very thread :skip: if someone benching 4 plates is the strongest person in your gym then your gym is garbage just keeping it real :manny:

im weakest person in my work out squad :manny:

hes 6'6 275
im 5'8 180 :heh:

In the ultra-compettive online lifting community, yes, a 405 bench is probably fakkit shyt, but that's still incredibly impressive weight.

405 for one at 180 is awesome.

I'm 5'8 170. Weak as fukk compared to you and a lot of people on here, but I'm very passionate about lifting and fitness. All of us in here are still stronger/look better than most of the population so let's be positive brehs.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
In the ultra-compettive online lifting community, yes, a 405 bench is probably fakkit shyt, but that's still incredibly impressive weight.

405 for one at 180 is awesome.

I'm 5'8 170. Weak as fukk compared to you and a lot of people on here, but I'm very passionate about lifting and fitness. All of us in here are still stronger/look better than most of the population so let's be positive brehs.

:salute: keep it going bruh, all our bodies are different so what might work for 1 person might not work for another. We are all here to help each other

but its hard to do that when a "personal trainer" is going around here spreading a lot of misinformation.. I mean 1 or 2 bad posts, sure, but dude talkin complete non sense this entire thread and other posts.

405 on the bench to me is a beast and top % but he talks shyt to anyone who doesnt lift as much as him :skip: but hes 6'6 275 and not everyone is near that size either :skip: so im not sure what hes trying to do besides brag for 2k posts about his height and how much he lifts