Working Out/Maintaining A Nice Body REALLY Requires A Strong Mental Attitude

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My older cousin deals with that shyt at family parties with weight gain jokes :mjcry:

He was tired of hearing of the jokes and started running and recently bought a treadmill.

Nikka is motivated like a motherfukker now :blessed:
Me versus the treadmill six days a week.

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This meal prep life is a hassle. Trying to get down from 225 to 200-195 by june. Been lifting for 2 yrs and I can tell with an extra 30lbs dropped and a 6 month long bulk i'll be the shyt.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Man, I can't even stress how beneficial weightlifting has been for me. I'm truly addicted to this shyt -- I start getting all salty if I miss a day, or even if I just have to wait an extra day to go to the gym. DONT FUKK WITH MY ROUTINE:martin:

To start, I've had to damn near lift by myself since I started hitting the gym. So there was a lot to overcome in the first year. Reading about all these routines, trying to get the forms down, and then figuring out which workouts were actually beneficial? :shaq2:

Developing a personal routine unique to your experiences AND seeing gains?:leon:

That initial fear of lifting by yourself, no spot, hoping you don't drop the weights or snap your shyt.:damn:

Comfortably picking up weights because you're confident in yourself.:banderas:

Being weak or flabby at first.:flabbynsick:

Feeling great as your health improves and you begin noticing those gains in the mirror.:ooh:

Not to mention the girls start shooting more smiles your way. And its mostly other people who notice your change before you. I'm out here thinking I'm still the smallest dude in the gym, but other people telling me otherwise.:blessed:

Its great brehs. I'm just glad I fell in love with it as much as I did, cause I know its a chore for other people. I legit just can't miss days, that exhaustion after working out is the only way I fall asleep feeling good any more.:mjcry:

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
I been on my diet and excercise shyt for a minute now.. traded fast food lunches for homemade baked chicken/brown rice/black beans.. etc.. lift 5 days a week.

I cut out soda but ill come back to it once a month or so.. i had a can of pepsi last month and that shyt hit me like drugs.. staying away from all that shyt makes it so much better on the rare times you do decide to enjoy them.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
working out it's not that hard breh...once you get the gist of it, and you listen to your body, it becomes just something that you do, like brushing your teeth or washing your face in the morning....

think about it: you only stay in a gym 1h-2h per day, 10-12h per week...what it matters is what you do in the rest of the 20-22h of the day....feeding you body what it needs, giving it enough sleep and rest etc....the hard part is the consistency for the diet...to be strong enough to not have a drink or to not eat that cookie .... is hard as fukk

Good post.

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
You don't know how to use paint? :mjlol:

I've been working out for years. If people want to burn fat, just limit the portions and eat between 2-8 PM (preferably eating dinner at around 5-6 PM), then don't eat until 2 PM the next day, whilst working out right when you wake up in the morning. There's other stuff to it, but I ain't on here giving advice like that.

I remember weighing 210lbs, and after 3 months dropped down to 155lbs. Built up a lot of lean muscle via strength training over the next 3 years, and went up to 180. Was a bit more muscular than I wanted to be, so I stopped weight training, now I am 165lbs and I maintain this weight through my vegetarian diet, bodyweight exercises, and running/rock-climbing, camping, basically outdoor activities.

I don't really go to gyms to weight lift anymore. That is boring and kind of backwards in my opinion. But to each his own.

Been eating vegetarian 3 days a week. Never felt better :blessed:

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its all about good habits.

Develop them early and its easy. And always do it for self.
On the flip side, develop bad habits (which most Americans do as children through no fault of their own but mostly how this country is set up for the profit) and you'll spend a lifetime trying to break them if your mental ain't strong.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the flip side, develop bad habits (which most Americans do as children through no fault of their own but mostly how this country is set up for the profit) and you'll spend a lifetime trying to break them if your mental ain't strong.
To piggy back of your post, how long do you think it takes to break a habit?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
To piggy back of your post, how long do you think it takes to break a habit?

cold turkey is the best way, you just have to fool your brain to do it.

i quit cold turkey on smoking cigarettes at nineteen.
by having a pack but no lighter and not asking or seeking a lighter or matches.
to then it just became just leave the pack at home and eventually i had a drawer full of dunhills and clove djarum imports. that eventually just went to waste.

i quit drinking just cold turkey.

with working out i stay motivated by a penalty system and mentally bytching my self out.
if i miss and staying conscious of not hitting the wall.

art barr