Working Out/Maintaining A Nice Body REALLY Requires A Strong Mental Attitude

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Post pics to back up what you say or :camby:.

People on here talking about getting fit but in reality:

230ff883_really-fat-guy-on-computer1.jpeg

Lol. Maybe if i can figure out how to blank out my face. Other than that take it how you wanna take it.:yeshrug: Dont let my lack of a pic cloud the actual message. Im good whether you believe me or not. If you are good also i :salute:

and your tips and advice would be welcomed

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's not get carried away here. I hate the "high horse" judgements that in shape head cast towards others without knowing their story.

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
I agree with you on the mental part. One problem I have is that I get bored easily, so I'll just start eating whatever I can find
Three years ago, I had a trainer and I dropped about 30 pounds in four months, just from working out and eating better. Was competing in obstacle course races, etc. Never felt more confident about myself ... then I reverted back to my old ways. I go to this kickboxing fitness box about four times a week, but I still eat junk. I've noticed it just caps my weight at a certain point. Probably would drop 5-10 pounds if I'd just kick my soda habit

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
Lol. Maybe if i can figure out how to blank out my face. Other than that take it how you wanna take it.:yeshrug: Dont let my lack of a pic cloud the actual message. Im good whether you believe me or not. If you are good also i :salute:

and your tips and advice would be welcomed

You don't know how to use paint? :mjlol:

I've been working out for years. If people want to burn fat, just limit the portions and eat between 2-8 PM (preferably eating dinner at around 5-6 PM), then don't eat until 2 PM the next day, whilst working out right when you wake up in the morning. There's other stuff to it, but I ain't on here giving advice like that.

I remember weighing 210lbs, and after 3 months dropped down to 155lbs. Built up a lot of lean muscle via strength training over the next 3 years, and went up to 180. Was a bit more muscular than I wanted to be, so I stopped weight training, now I am 165lbs and I maintain this weight through my vegetarian diet, bodyweight exercises, and running/rock-climbing, camping, basically outdoor activities.

I don't really go to gyms to weight lift anymore. That is boring and kind of backwards in my opinion. But to each his own.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Moderation breh. I love lemon pepper wings and fried chicken. Im str8 from the south so you KNOW how we get down. It was hard at first but i gave it up for the most. I still have my cheat days tho. And thats important. You dont have to torture yourself. Friday i fukked up a 10-piece lemon pepper and fries. Matter fact, my love of eating is another motivation to workout. Just remember: you eat like shyt, you'll look like shyt. Thats how i look at it:yeshrug:

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: @ 10 wings

20 piece and up pleighboi :blessed::flabbynsick:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been working out for years. If people want to burn fat, just limit the portions and eat between 2-8 PM (preferably eating dinner at around 5-6 PM), then don't eat until 2 PM the next day, whilst working out right when you wake up in the morning. There's other stuff to it, but I ain't on here giving advice like that.

I don't really go to gyms to weight lift anymore. That is boring and kind of backwards in my opinion. But to each his own.

Pretty much this.... Intermittent fasting for the win..... and I rarely go to the gym now..... maybe one day a week....

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Let's not get carried away here. I hate the "high horse" judgements that in shape head cast towards others without knowing their story.

Everybody has a story. Very true. I hope my post didnt come off "high horse" but when i think about it, its really not hard to maintain an AVERAGE level of fitness. Im not even talking about looking like a fitness model or running marathons. Just a little discipline and watching what u eat can go a long way. 1-hour of working out 3days/week too. Thats it. You dont have to spend hours in the gym. Instead of watching Love & Hiphop or The Wendy Williams Show, use that hour to walk around the neighborhood. Instead of ordering Dominoes make yourself a salad. Thats why i said that its an entire lifestyle change and takes sacrifice. Most people arent willing to make those sacrifices. Def not trying to "talk down" to anyone. Sometimes people just need to hear certain messages. There's really no excuse to looking like a blimp. Thats not normal or healthy. I mean if u have a medical condition then ok, but if not theres no excuse

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everybody has a story. Very true. I hope my post didnt come off "high horse" but when i think about it, its really not hard to maintain an AVERAGE level of fitness. Im not even talking about looking like a fitness model or running marathons. Just a little discipline and watching what u eat can go a long way. 1-hour of working out 3days/week too. Instead of watching Love & Hiphop or The Wendy Williams Show, use that hour to walk around the neighborhood. Instead of ordering Dominoes make yourself a salad. Thats why i said that its an entire lifestyle change and takes sacrifice. Most people arent willing to make those sacrifices. Def not trying to "talk down" to anyone. Sometimes people just need to hear certain messages. There's really no excuse to looking like a blimp. Thats not normal or healthy. I mean if u have a medical condition then ok, but if not theres no excuse

Its hard to see until you cross that plateau, I remember after dropping cold drinks and only eating out on weekends and dropping liquor how it all became clear. I go to the gym now about 3-4 times a week (slacking lately) but I dont really stay more than 35 mins to a hour. But I go regularly which is a huge key but not the biggest one.

Diet is so important, you can hit the gym as much as you like but if you eating large pizza's and cold drinks every day your only going to get sofar.

It's really invigorating once you break through that barrier of always wanting junking food and you see your hard work and dedication start to pay off.

I'm actually looking forward to cutting in the next 4 weeks:wow:

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@PhonZhi My comment was not directed at you but you can see that certain cats are running off at the mouth. I know what it is to be obese and to be healthy. I know the slick comments that my family makes because of the permanent changes I have implemented to get where I am now. I also know that I'm not out here judging others because they are obese. Building towards a healthy lifestyle isn't as simple as "stay disciplined". Discipline is a learned technique. Not many people can do it alone. I am fortunate to be able to do so. Hoping to inspire is one thing but how many people are out there offering to help people with what they have learned/ going out there and working with people to help them?

Bounty

All Star
Daps
@PhonZhi My comment was not directed at you but you can see that certain cats are running off at the mouth. I know what it is to be obese and to be healthy. I know the slick comments that my family makes because of the permanent changes I have implemented to get where I am now. I also know that I'm not out here judging others because they are obese. Building towards a healthy lifestyle isn't as simple as "stay disciplined". Discipline is a learned technique. Not many people can do it alone. I am fortunate to be able to. Hoping to inspire is one thing but how many people are out there offering to help people with what they have learned/ going out there and working with people to help them?
My older cousin deals with that shyt at family parties with weight gain jokes :mjcry:

He was tired of hearing of the jokes and started running and recently bought a treadmill.

Nikka is motivated like a motherfukker now :blessed: