Working Out/Maintaining A Nice Body REALLY Requires A Strong Mental Attitude

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Truer words never spoken.

Man I had reached the 90th percentile of physical fitness in September of this year after almost 6 months of hard work and diet. shyt became an obsession for me as well. Then in November, I got sick and took a week off the gym, and just as described one week turned into two weeks turned into two months and my shyt just went to hell. :sadcam:

I didn't lose all my gains but I'm definitely disappointed in myself. Now the long march back to physical specimen begins.

Yep, same here. I got sick around the 1st of the year. I was mentally out of it.Didnt start back working out until March. Ive had my fair share of spells. I even had a time where i couldnt workout because of sum shyt involving a female. :mjlol:Thats why i said its all mental. If you're down & out and depressed its gonna be hard to exercise. Exercising in itself requires a certain mindset

beck

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
working out it's not that hard breh...once you get the gist of it, and you listen to your body, it becomes just something that you do, like brushing your teeth or washing your face in the morning....

think about it: you only stay in a gym 1h-2h per day, 10-12h per week...what it matters is what you do in the rest of the 20-22h of the day....feeding you body what it needs, giving it enough sleep and rest etc....the hard part is the consistency for the diet...to be strong enough to not have a drink or to not eat that cookie .... is hard as fukk

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And 1 thing i noticed is that we eat for "entertainment"
Yup, I never really noticed how much I ate just because it "felt" good. I'm not even a big eater like that but now that I'm dirty bulking, I can appreciate how much I eat just because something taste good and there's nothing else to do.

Comfort food is so real :wow:

Eating is kinda like masturbation of the mouth :skip:

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Real talk. Its all in your mindset, and its the main reason most people are walking around obese and unhealthy. It takes an incredible amount of motivation and consistency to maintain a nice, fit body. Its become an obsession of mine actually. No matter how my day goes, i make atleast an hour to fit in a workout on a body part
Im laying here now tired as hell, knowing its my day to work my biceps. The average person would say "fuk it, ill do it tomorrow". "Tomorrow" will turn into 2 days, 2days will turn into 1 week, 1 week will turn into never. But me, im about to force myself to get up and pick these weights up. My motivation is actually seeing the results of picking those weights up. My motivation is looking in the mirror and liking what i see. My motivation is having had women compliment and rub on my arms. My motivation is feeling the stares when i walk around in a sleeveless shirt or a wifebeater. It gives you a confidence and a certain edge. Even other dudes look at you different when you are in good physical shape. This is all of my motivation.
Ive made plenty of threads about approaching women. The main reason i have so much confidence in cold approaching a female is because im extremely confident in my looks. Have i gotten EVERY number? Of course not, but i got a good shooting percentage and it stems from the confidence i have when approaching.
I know its that time of year when everybody makes their New Years resolutions and #1 on most peoples' list is to get in better shape. Well im here to tell you that its not easy. Most people lack MOTIVATION & CONSISTENCY. Most people think they will see results rite away and will get discouraged if they dont. It doesnt work like that. Its a long process depending on where you are currently at. Thats why its called a "lifestyle change". You have to change your entire routine. You have to change your plans and the way you eat. You have to fit your workout into your day NO MATTER WHAT. Your workout has to become just as important as everything else in your life. Im at the point now where if i miss a workout i feel bad. Thats kinda where you need to get mentally. Exercise can become addictive (like really, look it up). I love it. I dont indulge in drugs so i get my "high" from exercise.
I know theirs alot of you who are out of shape and unhappy with your body. Only you can change that. The more i think about it, the more i realize WHY there are so many people walking around obese. Because ITS FREAKIN HARD!!!! Its easy to sit around all day and do nothing. Its easy to lay on the couch and watch reality tv all day. Its easy to eat fatty foods and to not monitor whats going in your body. Whats hard is working all day and then going to the gym to exercise. Whats hard is maintaining a household and or going to school and finding time to workout. Whats hard is resisting the desire to eat unhealthy foods and replacing it with healthy food. This takes work and research in itself. Its not easy. If being healthy and fit was a piece of cake, everybody would be walking around looking like fitness models. But its not. It takes work. It takes time. It takes discipline. It takes motivation. It takes consistency. It takes sacrifice. It takes an overall strong mindstate.
Maybe other posters who are into fitness can chime in with tips to help those of you who are currently having weight issues. Or those of you who have lost weight can drop some hints and tips. Like i said earlier, this is the time of year when everybody makes that pledge to better themselves physically. Remember: it starts with the mental and how bad you want.

Peace and goodluck:salute:

I needed to read this :wow:

Right on time too...

rep

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
Real talk. Its all in your mindset, and its the main reason most people are walking around obese and unhealthy.

Post pics to back up what you say or :camby:.

People on here talking about getting fit but in reality:

230ff883_really-fat-guy-on-computer1.jpeg

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
This mite be me.:unsure:

Ive been accused of being "vain" a few times.

I just like too see whats in the mirror:ld:
Nothing wrong with that, as long as you realize it and keep it in check.

Most people are self centered, narcissistic, greedy etc. That is human nature. U can be all of those things and still do right by others and be a good person.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man I love exercising but it's these cheeseburgers that won't let me get rid of this guwop gut:noah:

Moderation breh. I love lemon pepper wings and fried chicken. Im str8 from the south so you KNOW how we get down. It was hard at first but i gave it up for the most. I still have my cheat days tho. And thats important. You dont have to torture yourself. Friday i fukked up a 10-piece lemon pepper and fries. Matter fact, my love of eating is another motivation to workout. Just remember: you eat like shyt, you'll look like shyt. Thats how i look at it:yeshrug:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Yup, I never really noticed how much I ate just because it "felt" good. I'm not even a big eater like that but now that I'm dirty bulking, I can appreciate how much I eat just because something taste good and there's nothing else to do.

Comfort food is so real :wow:

Eating is kinda like masturbation of the mouth :skip:

Yep, and then if you really pay attention you'll notice how food is bombarded onto us. Commercials, radio ads, billboards. Everything tells us that eating is fun!!!