Woman Says Kendrick Lamar's Pro Black Image Is Just Marketing & He's A Fake Deep Self Righteous c00n

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
They all have gotten backlash. shyt. One of the biggest battles in hip hop had a line towards Nas sayin "son switch up ya flow ya shyt is garbage what u tryna kick knowledge?.." every artist u named faced criticism in one way or another.
That was Jay Z saying that after being shyt on by Nas

That wasn't fan backlash

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I won't speak on the c00n part or anything of that since im not black....

Might I point out that there is a huge difference between needing to rhyme words when getting your point across vs just talking.

This applies to all rappers, not just Kendrick. I also am not making an excuse. Sometimes its very hard to articulate when you have to ride a beat and rhyme words. So of course a full blown message that is deep, may not sound as deep, because you have to add creep, meat, beat, heat, etc.

Tupac wasn't lyrical enough. Kendrick isn't deep enough. When it comes to the Internet and opinions, it is impossible to make everyone happy.
Jay Electronica does it extremely well though

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That was Jay Z saying that after being shyt on by Nas

That wasn't fan backlash
But fans started runnin wit it. It was a criticism he faced. Along with a plethora of other things. Matter fact Nas been facing an onslaught of unfair criticism since IWW came out and it hasn't subsided till this day. And Jay started that beef.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Artists who project posivity in their music often face a backlash in rap. These are literally comments made on the coli about positive music

"No one is that happy, he smiles too much"

"They don't play Kendrick in the hood"

"I can't bang this in the whip"

"That shyt is for cacs"

The irony is that nikkaz saying this will atribute negativity to keeping it real and will take c00n.raps in with no hesitation but as soon as an artist get a lil conscious he is being "preachy". They will disect his life to prove he isn't as pro black or whatever. All of this is a defence mecanism. People don't want to hold themselves to a higher standard or feel challenged to change. A lot of us have become comfortable with c00ning and anti intelectualism and don't want their position challenged.

Like they say you gonna find more people willing to help you do bad than good. When you try to uplighting folks you face a stiff arm of resistance but talk that ignorant shyt and entertain the lowest common denominator and you welcomed with open arms. That is our current reality. That's why dudes like 21 savage finessing the game and they will openly speak on selling negativity because positivity is shunned.

outside the first one Ive never heard before,the rest of those are valid breh:martin:...not getting play in the hood,being for cacs,not being able to bang it in the whip are weaknesses and real complaints against a black artist thats supposed to be making black music....and preachy=lacking authenticity.

now that could be either the artist doesnt have a way with words which would be a fair criticsm of them as an emcee,or it could mean they have no real passion behind what they saying and they just parroting some shyt they read in a book,which would be a criticism of them being fake deep....and lets not pretend artist who speak on negativity dont also speak on positivity or real shyt,just because it may not be intelecual enough for your liking:comeon:....negativity + positivity is real life.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
And let me be real here. I've criticized Kendrick on here plenty of times. I've said he has alotta flaws in his lane and gets props for shyt other artists do and have done better. But shytting on that man cause of his wife's complexion is some of the stupidest bullshyt I've ever heard.

That's because you're too dumb to understand what she's actually saying :russ:

If all you got from her speech is "Kendrick sucks because his wife is light-skinned", you're one of the dumbest posters here :dead: Which isn't surprising to me.

Kaguya

Dakishimetainoni
Daps
Reppin
SoFlo
I can understand where she's coming from
with the wife thing because quite a few of his songs entail his love for black women and specifically dark skin women :patrice: If I was his racially ambiguous wife I'd feel a way cause he out here singing my opposites praises UNLESS it's all a ruse and he is "fake" in that aspect

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
outside the first one Ive never heard before,the rest of those are valid breh:martin:...not getting play in the hood,being for cacs,not being able to bang it in the whip are weaknesses and real complaints against a black artist thats supposed to be making black music....and preachy=lacking authenticity.

now that could be either the artist doesnt have a way with words which would be a fair criticsm of them as an emcee,or it could mean they have no real passion behind what they saying and they just parroting some shyt they read in a book,which would be a criticism of them being fake deep....and lets not pretend artist who speak on negativity dont also speak on positivity or real shyt,just because it may not be intelecual enough for your liking:comeon:....negativity + positivity is real life.
Obviously reality would have a balanced representation. No one is asking for music that is pandering to any one side. I disagree with you however that those are valid criticisms. They are excuses and lies. Especially the makes music for cacs one. And Kendrick is on aftermath. There isn't any one of his records that can't bang in the whip :mjlol:

It's not about a lack of authenticity it's people tryna make you fit their mold of what black is or a rapper is.

Look @ when Kendrick bought his sister a ride and people actually found reasons to hate because they thought the car wasn't expensive or Flossy enough. The criticism isn't about music it's mostly about image and subject matter. He doesn't fit their mold. He isn't street enough (doesn't get play in the hood... Lie), or Flossy enough, he is preachy and fake deep.

If we were really talking about the music we would be touching on how trash his features are and the lack of quotables. Not him being fake deep.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Theres nothing profitable at all about coming out as a Black Israelite. That is bold and risky from kendrick when you consider the type of fan he attracts.

I thought TPAB had some obvious pandering to White liberals tho.