Woman Says Kendrick Lamar's Pro Black Image Is Just Marketing & He's A Fake Deep Self Righteous c00n

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Some of you nikkas got way too much time on your hands...how the fukk you find this video and who the fukk is she. I wouldn't even listen to 20 seconds of this bytch let alone damn 20 minutes you nikkas trippin, you hate Kendrick, we get it but we also don't give a fukk.

The woman in the video posts here :mjlol:

Or used to at least

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
It can be part of satire . Did you see the movie bamboozle? Let me guess you cancelled Tommy Davidson and Savion glover too right.
Look at what drakes shirt said , you think he did black face and wore a shirt that said Jim Crow for a photo shoot for what ? If he was at a Halloween party or something yes but a professional photos ?
giphy.gif

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
When did Kendrick ever question Drake's blackness? He specifically called him out for cosplaying as hood nikka knowing he grew up with a silver spoon in Canada, his racial insecurities and being an opportunist that bites from culture's he's not from for profit.

Like, he literally told Adonis to be a proud black man.

The "I even hate the way that you say the word nikka" and the follow up "we don't wanna hear you say nikka no more" bars was him poking fun at this infamous video.

I don't get how some of y'all have managed to conflate Rick Ross' attention seeking ass being a cornball with the "white boy" shyt with Kendrick's stance.

I agree with you overall, though I disagree he was just talking about videos of Drake saying nikka. You're right that he wasn't making a racial argument, as proven by calling Adonis a black man. He was making a culture argument. Every song he dropped had some type of musical or lyrical reference to this. The two first things we heard from Kendrick was dialogue from The Oz and a Teddy Pendergrass sample. A movie that I saw as a kid, music I heard nearly every Saturday morning when it was time to clean the house. Next track sampled Al Green, more music many of us heard while growing up. Meet The Grahams had the "no secret handshakes with your friend" line among others. And then Not Like Us put the full argument out there. It's not about his race, it's about his culture.

There's a difference when you grow up in our culture, VS growing up in a rich Jewish neighborhood. There's a difference when you inherently understand and adopt the slang and customs surrounding you VS hearing them second hand years later and reacting like a...well, suburban white person.

Kendrick didn't run to the west coast just to rally the troops. He ran to the west coast because that's his home culture. His regional sound, slang, swag, etc. The dancing at the pop up and in the video were examples of that. Everything was him saying this is where I'm from. this is how we act, this is how we sound. What do YOU sound like? Oh, you hop from regional sounds based on what's hot because your city doesn't have a unique sound? Oh, you collect hip hop items (rings, chains, grills, etc) like a tourist collecting tusks at the safari? That's not how we act. And the more Kendrick drove that message the more it became obvious. I dare anyone to watch the Rich Baby Daddy video in hindsight. That cultural costume shyt was cringeworthy before the beef, now it's just even more obvious.

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas