Woman Says Kendrick Lamar's Pro Black Image Is Just Marketing & He's A Fake Deep Self Righteous c00n

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People are trying to outwoke each other for attention and props it isn't a productive use of time or resources. It's more about clout and making yourself some kind of authority on shyt. So the "concious" people that should be about shyt are caught up in fighting amongst themselves.

What harm does a "fake" woke artists do if that's his angle? Shyt is retarded...

I'm not sure when it became marketing gold to push pro black music but it has never been so people need to kill that theory that it's a selling point. That's deadass stupid :mjlol:

im using your same logic,with all the c00ning,fake gangstas,fake stunting in the black community....even if its a act,the fake woke shyt doesnt add up to the other bullshyt black people find time to argue about and occupy our time with....I'd much rather people try to "out woke" each other,and have discussions that could potentially change they thought proccess in a positive way,that helps them make real life change.....trying to outwoke the next person is actually good training,black people are finally being skeptical about every damn thing again like we need to be:blessed:

the part about taking action is another story,but very important.

i wouldnt say its marketing gold,I would say its for nikkas who dont have any other option in rap music,doing what they have to do....plus you could argue smart people in the industry understand the climate and know when people would be clamoring for conscience music......if you pay attention it becomes obvious when people are ready for something new....you can get a sense of when people grow fatigue of rappers singing,you can sense when people grow fatigue of gangsta shyt..

the only harm from a hiphop point of view is that these nikkas get extra props alot of times for what they stand for....well,if they dont really stand for that and just tryna make money like the next capitalist rapper who nikkas hate,I reject these backpackers and rap nerds who try to give them extra credit points.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Some brehs here have already spoken in some threads that Kendrick seemed "fake-woke" or whatever, I don't know. Personnaly I'm not a big fan and he does seem somewhat "fake-deep", but that's not the right word because it would mean he's faking something consciously, which I can't say because I'm not in his head lol. But he personnaly never sounded really deep to me, if anything that's on his fans/media portraying him like that, not on him.

What I don't get is why indeed people take platforms to go against someone else, I mean this whole "commentary" thing (in general) is getting tiring in a sense. I don't know, I guess it makes me feel some way :yeshrug:

I hardly watched the vid for that reason, all of this woke stuff and whatnot sometimes seem like a competition of who the wokest is, and in order to prove that you have to diminish someone else. And getting attention off of someone else's name. Seems strange to me. This is starting to happen over here in France and I'm actually avoiding a lot of this stuff, even though I'm actually interested in it but don't like the way it's often approached. Seems like bringing down more than building.

I guess I'm more comfortable with people just doing their own stuff instead of talking on others. But maybe these brehettes have other stuff going on and this is just a "side-show" of sorts, I dunno.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Artists who project posivity in their music often face a backlash in rap. These are literally comments made on the coli about positive music

"No one is that happy, he smiles too much"

"They don't play Kendrick in the hood"

"I can't bang this in the whip"

"That shyt is for cacs"

The irony is that nikkaz saying this will atribute negativity to keeping it real and will take c00n.raps in with no hesitation but as soon as an artist get a lil conscious he is being "preachy". They will disect his life to prove he isn't as pro black or whatever. All of this is a defence mecanism. People don't want to hold themselves to a higher standard or feel challenged to change. A lot of us have become comfortable with c00ning and anti intelectualism and don't want their position challenged.

Like they say you gonna find more people willing to help you do bad than good. When you try to uplighting folks you face a stiff arm of resistance but talk that ignorant shyt and entertain the lowest common denominator and you welcomed with open arms. That is our current reality. That's why dudes like 21 savage finessing the game and they will openly speak on selling negativity because positivity is shunned.
Common gets backlash?
Rae Sremmurd get backlash?
Outkast got backlash?
Cee Lo?
Nas?
Dead Prez?
Jay Electronica?
Ab Soul?
Big Sean?

I've never heard anyone get on them for being "too positive"

I think y'all make this stuff up to defend kendrick's mediocrity

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Common gets backlash?
Outkast got backlash?
Cee Lo?
Nas?
Dead Prez?
Jay Electronica?
Ab Soul?
Big Sean?

Yes

The most common statement for a lot of those artists excluding a few is they get accused of tailoring their music to Cac listeners...

Nas got hit with the he isn't gangsta he was hanging out at his project window.... He got hit with the "trying to kick knowledge" line which is symbolic of how concious content is often rejected as preachy. He gets the "but does Nas bust his guns" talk thrown at him to discredit his realness.. all that shyt is suggesting that realness is found only in ignorant personas and actions. Rap Fans want artist to act reckless or have a street resume just to take them seriously as artists.

When kendrick came out he was getting the same type of shyt. Oh he's in Compton but he doesn't go outside :dead:

That list is shaky tho. You threw in some names that don't fit for arguments sake like Big Sean and Rae sremmurd.

You can say Kendrick is mediocre and that would be a fair criticism but a lot of his criticisms aren't about skill but rather subject matter hence this thread. I think you missed that point.

Last edited:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Yes

The most common statement for a lot of those artists excluding a few is they get accused of tailoring their music to Cac listeners...

That list is shaky tho. You threw in some names that don't fit for arguments sake like Big Sean and Rae sremmurd.

You can say Kendrick is mediocre and that would be a fair criticism but a lot of his criticisms aren't about skill but rather subject matter hence this thread. I think you missed that point.

Mediocre is a better description then fake-deep because maybe Kendrick is actually trying to be deep but he lacks the actual skill to do so. Hence mediocre

Everyone on that list will tell you that they make positive music. You're assuming that the only type of positive music is conscious music

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Whats wrong with being "woke" or people trying to "outwoke" each other then:martin:?and the bedwench allegation is unproven,but she know what she need to do about that septum ring if she post here:mjpls:

I think she might be right actually,but thats probaly majority of these conscience rappers....just nikkas who couldnt hack it in the commercial lane as emcees....so they picked a style that they could pull off in hiphop.....you'll always eat by pandering to backpackers/nerds/fans of conscience rap.

But like you said its alot of "acting" going on in the rap game so no need to bring Kendrick down,plus maybe he's even become less of a actor,maybe he got a wakeup call.....if I only really hear you talking in the music though,I gotta assume you to be somewhat fake....and his girlfriend dont help make matters better:mjpls:

I support this woman in giving us a reminder,but now she need to fall back now that shes said what she said......any campaigning would be taking it too far,if you not campaigning as hard,actually harder against the more negative aspects in hiphop:sas1:

It's so cliche at this point. Kendrick's father Lupe is one of the kings of this shyt. The way he spit them gun bars was way too swaggerless so he picked up a skateboard and pandered to anime geeks.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
I won't speak on the c00n part or anything of that since im not black....

Might I point out that there is a huge difference between needing to rhyme words when getting your point across vs just talking.

This applies to all rappers, not just Kendrick. I also am not making an excuse. Sometimes its very hard to articulate when you have to ride a beat and rhyme words. So of course a full blown message that is deep, may not sound as deep, because you have to add creep, meat, beat, heat, etc.

Tupac wasn't lyrical enough. Kendrick isn't deep enough. When it comes to the Internet and opinions, it is impossible to make everyone happy.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Common gets backlash?
Outkast got backlash?
Cee Lo?
Nas?
Dead Prez?
Jay Electronica?
Ab Soul?
Big Sean?

They all have gotten backlash. shyt. One of the biggest battles in hip hop had a line towards Nas sayin "son switch up ya flow ya shyt is garbage what u tryna kick knowledge?.." every artist u named faced criticism in one way or another.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Everyone on that list will tell you that they make positive music. You're assuming that the only type of positive music is conscious music
No I'm not because positive + pro black music is what gets people hating. Not everyone on that list fits that description.

As far as Kendrick his religious views affect his ability to be more in-depth from my personal view. Like the line about black people being cursed... Him being religious limits his intellectual capacity.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
She's a idiot tho. Real shyt. Maybe just maybe he wasn't hiding his girl cause she light skin and maybe he was hiding her cause he don't want her in the spotlight and want his relationship under raps.

J Cole does the exact same thing, people barley even know what his girlfriend looks like.

Plus j Cole, wale and others were saying they love black women before Kendrick got on the scene.

Wale first album talked about it a lot.