Why The FUCC Is It SO Hard To Get Hired? (Have Any Of Yall Had This Problem?)

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I hear LA sucks too, not as bad as MIA though, NORCAL is where the jobs are.
I want to be in entertainment in get my foot in the door but any entry-level positions are nonexistent in Miami. You literally have to start from the bottom as a black man to get in anywhere.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Listen, I just finished college two weeks ago. Starting tomorrow I'm going job hunting again, so I won't be posting as much. Anyway, why is it so hard to get employed. Real talk, I filled out over 40 job applications and went to places personally and still CAN'T get hired. I never had work experience because I always focused on my studies. Have anyone else had a similar issue?

work experience tends to be more important than degree depending on what job u going for cuz they know u can get the job done compared to someone who has no experience

ex: i was a dental hygienist in the army i wasn't board certified cuz stupid shyt says we need more clinical hours but the army makes u take the school for bout 4-6 months crammed style instead of the 2 yr program

once i was done i saw patients

now when i had got out i had several years of experience compared to someone who just got done with the 2 yr program with board experience

several dentist office rather hired me cuz those years of experience are too valuable and dont have to worry bout how good of a job i did when they know cuz of my history and how the army does there schedule

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
work experience tends to be more important than degree depending on what job u going for cuz they know u can get the job done compared to someone who has no experience

ex: i was a dental hygienist in the army i wasn't board certified cuz stupid shyt says we need more clinical hours but the army makes u take the school for bout 4-6 months crammed style instead of the 2 yr program

once i was done i saw patients

now when i had got out i had several years of experience compared to someone who just got done with the 2 yr program with board experience

several dentist office rather hired me cuz those years of experience are too valuable and dont have to worry bout how good of a job i did when they know cuz of my history and how the army does there schedule
I filled out for warehouse, fastfood, mall, transport at hospital. Basically, all the basic jobs and they still won't hire me. I even filled for police dispatcher NO LUCK.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I want to be in entertainment in get my foot in the door but any entry-level positions are nonexistent in Miami. You literally have to start from the bottom as a black man to get in anywhere.

Entertainment in what way? ATL has a booming tv and film industry since the state gives so many tax breaks to film companies. Hell they are filming Captain America Civil War down the street from my crib.

The Emperor

Paid Agent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have volunteer work from highschool and college. Plus, I put that down and still couldn't get hired. Most of these places I've sent my resume in too. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to job hunt again. Thing I hate is that online shyt. I'd rather fill out the application on paper and turn it in. BTW I have no major I have to take my A+ Cert well the first part in July and the second part in September. I've been sending out applications for the past year and two months.
SMH
Job hunting is an online process now...
You need to get over your anxiety or dislike for online applications because that's how you truly get hired.

It's a numbers game.
40 applications ain't shyt...
Come back and complain after 400...

You should have been applying for jobs a month before graduation.

If you don't have a job finding a job should be your full time job.

You more than likely need a better looking resume. Go to one of these resume building websites and spend a few bucks.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Plain and simple, the color of your skin hinders you with many of these devils. Not saying that's the main reason why for you bc it's only been a couple weeks, but the sad reality is that a lot of these white folks don't want to hire people who look like us. They have also done studies that show that resumes will be passed over if they have names that sound 'black' or 'ethnic' for ones that sound 'white.' This is the mind of the beast in today's world. If I were you I would approach some companies in your field about working unpaid internships with the possibility of being hired on full time after a few months. Or you could just keep up with the resume-shopping. Good luck either way.
40 applications over a year and two months time. Basically, i've been looking for a job since January of 2014. Meeting with people and the whole nine. I don't even get an interview. Plus, I'm well spoken and act professional.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
40 applications over a year and two months time. Basically, i've been looking for a job since January of 2014. Meeting with people and the whole nine. I don't even get an interview. Plus, I'm well spoken and act professional.

40 in a year aint crap. you need to be do no less than 20 a day, and I`m talking even applying to jobs you know you aren't qualified for.