Why The FUCC Is It SO Hard To Get Hired? (Have Any Of Yall Had This Problem?)

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
My father is a foreman of a construction job and he won't even hire me. However, he always love to talk shyt to me. It honestly makes me even more upset.
Really?

I dont know much of construction outside of refinery work.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
SMH
Job hunting is an online process now...
You need to get over your anxiety or dislike for online applications because that's how you truly get hired.

It's a numbers game.
40 applications ain't shyt...
Come back and complain after 400...

You should have been applying for jobs a month before graduation.

If you don't have a job finding a job should be your full time job.

You more than likely need a better looking resume. Go to one of these resume building websites and spend a few bucks.
I've been filling out applications way before I finished college. I didn't graduate I just finished my cert course. Because I didn't go to college for a degree. Well let me change that it was first a degree, then I switched over. I was bamboozled about a lot of shyt.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Entertainment in what way? ATL has a booming tv and film industry since the state gives so many tax breaks to film companies. Hell they are filming Captain America Civil War down the street from my crib.
Music.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
That's weird cuz I hear of Italian and Portuguese people hiring family when it comes to construction jobs.

They make a shyt ton of money but it's hard, physical work.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Really?

I dont know much of construction outside of refinery work.
Yeah, he says I wouldn't last and he won't even give me a chance. I've been looking for work for over a year. I've filled out online no reply. Then, I would go up and do paper applications NO luck.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Yeah, he says I wouldn't last and he won't even give me a chance. I've been looking for work for over a year. I've filled out online no reply. Then, I would go up and do paper applications NO luck.

What does he want you to do instead? :leostare: I don't understand that logic of his. What are you? Scrawny or something, I don't get it.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
If he worked refinery I would say that you should ask him to do Fire watch. Anybody can last through that lol.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
White people go through a different experience that black.

Even something like networking to get a job is harder to do when black.
Vince-Vaughn-And-Owen-Wilson-Confused-In-Wedding-Crashers.gif