Why The FUCC Is It SO Hard To Get Hired? (Have Any Of Yall Had This Problem?)

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I`m going to be straight up, if you can get an interview being black will give you an advantage as the simple fact the company even interviewed you means they are looking for a replacement "negro" or aint tripping on race. IMO not getting interviews is one thing, but if you are getting a ton of interviews and no offers you need to look at yourself because you are doing something wrong. IMO lotta cats are smart as hell but so smart they have zero street smart, lack confidence, and suck at public speaking. A street smart, well spoken, confident person will get a job over the smartest awkward person. Companies hire sociable people because at the end of the day they are going to teach you what you need to know, and you have to be able to work well with others and or manage a team, so IDC if you are Einstein, if you are a awkward square or hard to work with you aren't getting the job.
1. Is he even able to get interviews?

2. Plus many companies find out that your black during the interview which discourages them.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
being reserved is one thing, but if you are awkward you won't get hired by anyone. I got every job I've had by charming and captivating interviewers.
You know how hard it is just to get someone to give you an interview? It's like pulling fukking teeth out here. I'm good in interviews, I'm a loner as well but I'm a good communicator and funny, I've been told multiple times I'm good in interviews but that they went with someone who had experience over me who just graduated and have none. Now I can't even get anyone to give me an interview.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Listen, I just finished college two weeks ago. Starting tomorrow I'm going job hunting again, so I won't be posting as much. Anyway, why is it so hard to get employed. Real talk, I filled out over 40 job applications and went to places personally and still CAN'T get hired. I never had work experience because I always focused on my studies. Have anyone else had a similar issue?

Because people with more experience than you we're laid off during the recession and fighting for jobs as well

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You know how hard it is just to get someone to give you an interview? It's like pulling fukking teeth out here. I'm good in interviews, I'm a loner as well but I'm a good communicator and funny, I've been told multiple times I'm good in interviews but that they went with someone who had experience over me who just graduated and have none. Now I can't even get anyone to give me an interview.

like I said getting an interview is a different beast and topic than getting interviews and no offers.

Daps
Listen, I just finished college two weeks ago. Starting tomorrow I'm going job hunting again, so I won't be posting as much. Anyway, why is it so hard to get employed. Real talk, I filled out over 40 job applications and went to places personally and still CAN'T get hired. I never had work experience because I always focused on my studies. Have anyone else had a similar issue?

I can honestly say that every job that I've gotten is because I knew someone. It's sad but if it wasn't for my father working for a successful company and his boss taking a liking to me I wouldn't have had many opportunities like I have. I'm gonna keep it real. The main reason that a lot of blacks are left out is because we don't have the generational backing like whites. They always have and uncle, cousin, family friend, etc that can usher them into positions

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
1. Is he even able to get interviews?

2. Plus many companies find out that your black during the interview which discourages them.

Yea thats what I mentioned, and unless you are from the burbs where you dont have an accent and you have a "common" American name, companies know your black before you interview, hell most jobs give you a call when you are getting an interview offer. And once again if you are black and get an interview you have to give off the "safe negro" aura, this is if you have no experience though. When you have a strong resume companies dont give a damn they just want the best applicant, its typically the entry level jobs where the gate keepers work their magic from keeping blacks from ever getting the experience that will make them "dangerous" as once you have experience you are in a position of power since you are applying to positions where the company needs you, and not entry level roles where they are essentially doing you a favor since they have to train you and baby you for a portion of time.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
They always have and uncle, cousin, family friend, etc that can usher them into positions
I wish I did.

What sucks is all that networking and knowing people bullshyt is just not my personality. I have a small group of really good friends and I'm not very good at small talk or bullshytting and networking just for the sake of networking. In fact, just the word "networking" makes my skin crawl.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Breh, it's not easy for anybody, whether you're fresh out of college or not. I wouldn't wish the job search on anybody.

At the end of the day, you need to know somebody or know somebody who knows somebody.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
I wish I did.

What sucks is all that networking and knowing people bullshyt is just not my personality. I have a small group of really good friends and I'm not very good at small talk or bullshytting and networking just for the sake of networking. In fact, just the word "networking" makes my skin crawl.

Some people are good at it. I know this girl who asks people for job links within months of knowing them. She asked me, of course I never actually helped her so I lied. networking seems like such a phony thing to me, but apparently using others is what you have to do to get ahead. I'd rather do it my way rather than begging friends for it like a bytch. And so far I've been good.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Breh, it's not easy for anybody, whether you're fresh out of college or not. I wouldn't wish the job search on anybody.

At the end of the day, you need to know somebody or know somebody who knows somebody.

yea looking for a job will have you questioning life.
Lot of us are set up to fail unfortunately because many of us are first gen college grads so our parents can't even coach us on what to do to make stuff happen, all they think it takes is getting a degree and companies have to give you a job.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Some people are good at it. I know this girl who asks people for job links within months of knowing them. She asked me, of course I never actually helped her so I lied. networking seems like such a phony thing to me, but apparently using others is what you have to do to get ahead.
that's my problem with it. I'm not good with making these little "fake" relationships just for the sake of getting ahead somewhere.. I like things to happen organically and I'm not good at being fake.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
And also if you dont have a linkedin you are slacking hard. Linkedin literally gives you access to the recruiters lol. Just get a fresh cut shave off any facial hair, put on a suit or business casual fit and have someone take your pic, put your resume on there and literally just search for companies in your town and add all of their recruiters. The recruiters on linkedin post the jobs on there so when you apply literally message them and give them your resume again and inform them you just applied.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
You need to network more.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
that's my problem with it. I'm not good with making these little "fake" relationships just for the sake of getting ahead somewhere.. I like things to happen organically and I'm not good at being fake.

its not about making friends, its about putting your self in the presence of the people who make the decisions/moves.

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
Look at the job you want and look at the qualifications, do you match the qualifications? Look for no experience in the searches, again I stress the linkden profile, jobs look there.

If your goal is "it" then go to the "it" thread, realize that that first job will pay you close to nothing but if you soak everything like a sponge you will move up and get your experience.