Why The FUCC Is It SO Hard To Get Hired? (Have Any Of Yall Had This Problem?)

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Especially in IT, cats online and most these youtube cats who give advice talk about IT like all you gotta do is get a cert and you good, yea if you want to work at Best Buy lol. Entry level IT gigs now want 2+ years experience. But once you have experience you are good to go for life.
So how do you get experience if the ground floor job requires experience:dahell:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
So how do you get experience if the ground floor job requires experience:dahell:

In college I worked in the Help Desk dept as a Student Employee, worked various other computer related retail jobs too. On top of that when you become a Junior in College you should be looked at Job postings for entry level gigs and see what they ask for and how you can learn these things or get experience. Your senior yr you should be applying for jobs the entire first semester and interviewing all the final semester to have a job lined up at graduation. Kids just go to college and go to class and go to sleep then graduate and start sending out their first apps lol. Companies always higher in spring so if you are sending out apps after a May graduation you already lost. My whole last semester of College I was on the road almost every other week for interviews out of town.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Breh consider going to grad school and completing a professional program. Worked for me. :manny:

Grad school actually buys you time since many companies have graduate development programs. So if you are going that route cool, but if you are going to grad school thinking that and no experience will get you a job you are hustling backwards. IMO Grad school is for once you have the job you want and put in some years and want an edge when it comes to your resume and going to the next level in your career.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Grad school actually buys you time since many companies have graduate development programs. So if you are going that route cool, but if you are going to grad school thinking that and no experience will get you a job you are hustling backwards. IMO Grad school is for once you have the job you want and put in some years and want an edge when it comes to your resume and going to the next level in your career.
and have the job finance your schooling :banderas:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
so you never bothered to do any internships while you were in school?

Internships and simply volunteering to help professors (assuming you are at a university where professors do a nice amount research) will help. Hell if you grade papers for your professor you can put on your resume you are a Lab tech or some crap and call it an unpaid internship, unless your professors are dikks I`m sure they would vouch for you if an employer reached out to them. Hell when I needed recommendation letters my professors told me to write them and they would sign and mail them :pachaha:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
check with people who graduated with you that you're super cool with, check with professors, check with other friends, check with your mentors if you have some, basically check with everyone you know who's connected directly or indirectly if they can refer you somewhere or for something.

maybe check for temp work agencies, etc (if it's common in your field). and put in the hours to be able to put it on your resumé.

check online for those websites where people post up adds for independant work they need (again shyt you could put on your CV if it applies PLUS you get a contact reference).

keep your eyes and ears open. the hustle will see you through. always remember it's not how hard you work, it's how smart you work.