Why The FUCC Is It SO Hard To Get Hired? (Have Any Of Yall Had This Problem?)

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Let this be a lesson to all the undergrad brehs

Get your shyt lined up before u graduate. Like well before. U should be doing internships after sophomore year and interviewing for jobs senior year if u can.

Pick a major too. And get piddly certs like your EIT or A+ well before u graduate.

U have to multitask. Like 2-3 years ago I had my full time gig, a side gig, and I was studying for various certs. In 2015 u cant only do one thing at a time, u have to keep multiple plates spinning to get ahead.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm lucky enough that I manage a bunch of duplexes and they were paying me to finish school... Now that I've graduated I get to work on apts all summer then doing my volunteer work on campus after that when everything is quiet.... My majors were business mgmt, sports mgmt, hr mgmt and I'll be volunteering with the AD and Ast AD on campus leaning the ins and outs of being an AD as well as helping to run the sports facilities so I can have a job with a sports team

My boy just got his masters in that making 100k working 35-40 hours weekly

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
Listen, I just finished college two weeks ago. Starting tomorrow I'm going job hunting again, so I won't be posting as much. Anyway, why is it so hard to get employed. Real talk, I filled out over 40 job applications and went to places personally and still CAN'T get hired. I never had work experience because I always focused on my studies. Have anyone else had a similar issue?

Try volunteering at a place that you like. That's what I did. I mean you can gain experience that way and since they aren't paying you, they are lax with their requirements.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
creating a business or freelancing is not as easy as it seems.You have to have a service/skill good enough that people actually want to pay for
Don't mind him he doesn't know how it works. Coli way of thinking, just finish school and start a business. Question is, where you gonna get the money from to start one :comeon:

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
then make an intelligent post instead of some generic bullshyt. i hate nikkas that throw out generic bullshyt asif they have invented the wheel or something.
"nikkas still fukking iwth jobs!! :ooh:"

gtfoh

I made a more intelligent post than u ever did. U should be thankful I'm waking u up. fukk a job

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
i've only realized over this past year the key to winning in life is to lie and cheat. the game we are in is already rigged. No fortune is built without lies or cheating. OP you need to make up experience and exaggerate experience
It hurts to do that, but I'm at the point now of fukk it. I gotta do what I have to do. This system is a fukking mess anyhow.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
SMH
Job hunting is an online process now...
You need to get over your anxiety or dislike for online applications because that's how you truly get hired.

It's a numbers game.
40 applications ain't shyt...
Come back and complain after 400...

You should have been applying for jobs a month before graduation.

If you don't have a job finding a job should be your full time job.

You more than likely need a better looking resume. Go to one of these resume building websites and spend a few bucks.

There is so much truth in this.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I made a more intelligent post than u ever did. U should be thankful I'm waking u up. fukk a job
i agree with you but let's keep it real you've only thrown out generic statements. how is op supposed to invest with little to no capital? it could take years until op sees any ROI