Why The FUCC Is It SO Hard To Get Hired? (Have Any Of Yall Had This Problem?)

tkislive

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Maryland but reside in Georgia
Keep it real. It's hard as hell to find anything. You're not the only dude looking and pounding the pavement. You have to keep your head up! Stay prayed up and keep pounding the sites and it will work out! We're in this together with/without degrees

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
Been at my new job for half a year now, but before that i was laid off, unemployed for 5 months then got a job for 2 years with a massive paycut.....i can def understand the struggle :sadcam:

Gotta keep applying though....and hope that the hiring manager is black :myman:

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
See you nikkas instilled that "6 certs" bs in nikkas heads and now he SOL:francis:.

Ppl not reading op's posts at all I see. He has NO DEGREE. HE JUST HAS AN A+ CERT:why:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
See you nikkas instilled that "6 certs" bs in nikkas heads and now he SOL:francis:.

Ppl not reading op's posts at all I see. He has NO DEGREE. HE JUST HAS AN A+ CERT:why:
Don't even have the A+ Cert yet taking that in July. I'm gonna study for May and June on Hardware. Then, the Software I'll study August and take in September.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In 6 months I'll be done with school and I started applying for work before the beginning of this year. My shyt gets sent back to me with a note saying that it isn't even good enough to be in the pile of resumes that might get a look over. shyt is tough. I keep getting that I need to first finish my degree even though fall is my last semester.

Fun Sized Psycho

Floating on tooth shaped clouds
Supporter
Daps
Excuse me if this has been mentioned already since I didn't read past the first page yet.
I have volunteer work from highschool and college. Plus, I put that down and still couldn't get hired. Most of these places I've sent my resume in too. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to job hunt again. Thing I hate is that online shyt. I'd rather fill out the application on paper and turn it in. BTW I have no major I have to take my A+ Cert well the first part in July and the second part in September. I've been sending out applications for the past year and two months.
How do you not have a major? Do you have a degree in liberal arts?
Not have a job lined up going into your final semester of college brehs :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

:mjcry:
i don't have a job lined up yet.

So how do you get experience if the ground floor job requires experience:dahell:
Internship
I will say I probably wouldn't even put my college degree on the app if I were looking for a retail job that didnt ask for it.
why not? And I think most retail stores have a section for education.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i made a fake resume with a white name and applied to the same job opening with my resume and the fake resume. (i have a very obvious non-white person name)
experience was identical i just changed the company i worked for to a competitor company (like changing it from Toyota to Nissan)

my real application = rejected
fake resume application = 2 emails and 1 phone call looking to schedule phone interview :beli:

i'm still trying to figure out what to do about this shyt :demonic:

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
i made a fake resume with a white name and applied to the same job opening with my resume and the fake resume. (i have a very obvious non-white person name)
experience was identical i just changed the company i worked for to a competitor company (like changing it from Toyota to Nissan)

my real application = rejected
fake resume application = 2 emails and 1 phone call looking to schedule phone interview :beli:

i'm still trying to figure out what to do about this shyt :demonic:

That's the society we live in today. That's why I laugh at cats and this STEM major and you need a 5.0 GPA. Cacs gonna choose "Tanner" over a "Tolu" and "tyrone":russ:

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's the society we live in today. That's why I laugh at cats and this STEM major and you need a 5.0 GPA. Cacs gonna choose "Tanner" over a "Tolu" and "tyrone":russ:

this is the bay area too, it's supposed to be 'diverse' and 'open minded'
:pacspit: :camby: