Why The FUCC Is It SO Hard To Get Hired? (Have Any Of Yall Had This Problem?)

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
There are multiple factors that go into answering your question.

Is your degree in a saturated field like Business?

Is your GPA at LEAST a 3.0?

But if I had to guess, its probably because you have no work experience. Dont give up though breh

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does your college have a career or recruiting office? You should start there or at least ask the dean of the your major if they have any partnerships with companies.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Listen, I just finished college two weeks ago. Starting tomorrow I'm going job hunting again, so I won't be posting as much. Anyway, why is it so hard to get employed. Real talk, I filled out over 40 job applications and went to places personally and still CAN'T get hired. I never had work experience because I always focused on my studies. Have anyone else had a similar issue?
Post office is always hiring. Sounds like a joke, but it isn't. Murder on the body and mind, though, but if you really need cash...

go to the oilfields. They're also always hiring.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
Get a job SOMEWHERE, first, then build from there. I've never gotten a job I didn't want or lost out on a job I was trying to get because I stayed in peoples minds. I would call 3 & 4 times a week during lunchtime on purpose & not leave a number. Why? Because if you call when they're available you have ONE chance to get an interview. But when you call & they constantly hear your name a few times they usually will go & find your application. Even when I didn't get hired during the time a job was hiring if I really wanted the job I just called back every month & made sure my name stayed in their heads. I've basically put Managers & HR on the spot to either grant me an opportunity by setting up an interview. The reason to get a job SOMEWHERE & be "in the system" at least is because you never know who knows who & who knows who is hiring & the only way to get where you're going is to start where you may not want to first.

My cousin worked HR & said they feel more comfortable hiring someone who is currently working because it shows they are responsible enough to HOLD a job. A lot of people get hired out of College & fail at the BASICS of employment let alone what their degree expertise might be in. Also, sometimes aim lower in a company's list of position to eventually get higher because when higher positions open companies are more comfortable hiring internally first...

I've always gotten the "Man you're persistent!" or "You must REALLY want to work here..." type of openings from Interviewers because I stayed interested. Most people usually just put in their resume or application & never follow up. Sometimes even following up is a talent in itself. I speak well so I often sound very convincing over the person & I speak with a lot of conviction so they feel secure that my words hold true during an interview.

Another thing to remember is that these people are HUMAN. I have no problem making anyone feel comfortable because I turn the spotlight on THEM. Call... tell the Manager you heard it's a great company & you know it would be amazing if you worked there. Watch how "We'll call you when we start looking at applications..." to "Well... could you come in next week?" I've had jobs where I was the only person who had any real friendship with their Managers because a lot of people are scared to act like themselves because someone might be a Director or work in HR but at the end of the day they're still human & most Managers/Directors/HR/Upper Staff/HR/Etc, don't have many friends at work because of their positions anyway so someone treating them like a regular person usually makes their day better.

You have to be SMART about getting a job. I've had more then 15 jobs in my life. Most in High School & College Years, etc, but I never had a problem getting one nor when I got older & needed to get hired by real companies. Matter of fact I've worked for 2 companies working positions with Degree Requirements I didn't have because I was so USEFUL to the company & kept myself in great graces with the right people without having to kiss ass though kissing ass will you get you further.

Be persistent & make sure you follow up constantly. Worse case you have to get a job lower then what you desire at the moment but it could be more then helpful to you in the long run...

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
so you never bothered to do any internships while you were in school?
in the stem fields, at least you have to know someone to get an internship, if your gpa is legit you can still get denied or turned, happend to me

shyts tough out here:mjcry:

Kufismack

In Beats We Trust
Daps
Reppin
Religion is dumb b
I seem to have read that this person graduated without a major. I hope I'm wrong here because that's an L right there.

But anyways as far as IT goes. You don't actually need an above 3.0 to get a job. However if you don't even have your major classes above 3.0 it probably isn't the right thing to do anyways. What you do need is some sort of internships with whatever field you're in. (E.G. Computer Science/Information Systems and have like a internship as a programmer analyst or some shyt).

And have a damn github with some code showing you're not a complete idiot. Even if it isn't profession level code you could give as deliverables, just something. Like for example I have a couple of projects in my github, one is a web app that connects to oracle databases for queries.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Honestly degrees without experience are useless. Most jobs at least in my field of work require work experience. I'm talking ridiculous qualifications of work experience. I had to work my way from the bottom and switch companies to get where I wanted to start near.

Dreamer

Rookie
Daps
Many employers want job experience, atleast a couple years.

It's usually a problem for new graduates.

In the meantime I'd encourage searching out mentorship, intern programs, it's nice to see on a resume your passion to your craft, like see I love it so much I'd do it for free lol. Also if they see your skill they might hire you.

Don't give up or get discouraged, it happens to most. You may even have to settle for a lowr paying entry level position, but as long as it's in your field it will be worth it in the long run. GL!

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
i really can't help too much cuz i don't work.

But every job i've gotten in the past the hiring manager was a female. Go into places and hand in resumes. When you find a female manager charm her.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listen, I just finished college two weeks ago. Starting tomorrow I'm going job hunting again, so I won't be posting as much. Anyway, why is it so hard to get employed. Real talk, I filled out over 40 job applications and went to places personally and still CAN'T get hired. I never had work experience because I always focused on my studies. Have anyone else had a similar issue?
go to college brehs, it'll increase your chances of getting a great job :mjlol:

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Try adjusting your attitude and act entitled or deserving. It shows confidence in your work ethic.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Work experience is more valuable than a degree. Are you proven? Tell us about a time? Give me an example when you? How do you plan to answer these question in an interview with no experience?:wtf: