Why isn’t Chet Holmgren getting more hype?

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Chet is a less athletic KG...but he has future superstar written all over him

He needs to cut some sports center and first take full segment worthy promos to get more attn

His play alone won't garner attn in OKC

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
He’s been in ROTY discussions all year…not sure what else they’re supposed to be doing a couple months into his first season on the court…film a MJ styled “Come Fly With Me” documentary or something?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
He’s been in ROTY discussions all year…not sure what else they’re supposed to be doing a couple months into his first season on the court…film a MJ styled “Come Fly With Me” documentary or something?
You can start by putting winning teams on Christmas instead of the same teams, why was a bunch of .500 teams that may not even make playoffs playing on Christmas? Better yet, why do .500 teams have 30 something national games yet the most winning teams have barely any? And nba wonder why ratings struggle.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It’s not sustainable because Americans won’t Stan foreign players and the nba thrives on player fandom

The NBA desperately needs Ja Morant, Lamelo or Ant Edward’s to do some real winning
Yeah, additionally everything surround the NBA has got more foreign: foreign channels, foreign bloggers reporters, etc.

They also definitely on that :mjpls: vibe too.

Oh they're just a "microwave scorer" that doesn't play "team basketball".

Not going to lie, definitely has killed a lot of interest in the league for me.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
he's not close to the best player on the team.

it might change if they go deep in the playoff with him playing well.

like if OKC was to knock out Lebron and AD and the Clippers or Sun, casuals might get on their waves for taking out the main perpetrators of the player power movement :mjpls:

Daps
And it's killing the game. The league needs as many white (and black) American superstars it can get right now. It sure looks like Luka is gonna be the face of the league when Bron retires but I'm not sure how sustainable that will be.
NFL understands that marketing teams/franchises is a more sustainable model than focusing on individual superstars.

That sense of urgency and intensity just isn't there until the playoffs. Feels like you can ignore the game until January/February and it doesn't feel like you missed much.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
He looks like lurch from the addams family

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He looks like he'd sit down with you and passionately argue that Jon B is greater than your favorite R&B singer
AVvXsEiq7Uc0WJQbk8V9FZ0r91GXHPAOlbLYQzDCpMg2Jr3vI-XHjecHybkj7GQbrZRYkK5Q2ioqXPxst9NLwaeE6uSQO6EsK4jJ9UIQoXQa6OyqflGX8rp-i3F8X0HM6JcBpyLOclWOSN2NxkfXkKkEuQpUti_Q5eHoA7nL3jSH6__1QeXtyvGcNLi3D_Dqt_rI

concise

Veteran
Daps
You can start by putting winning teams on Christmas instead of the same teams, why was a bunch of .500 teams that may not even make playoffs playing on Christmas? Better yet, why do .500 teams have 30 something national games yet the most winning teams have barely any? And nba wonder why ratings struggle.

I could have sworn the NBA came up with some kind of scheduling thing recently.
Maybe I'm mistaken.