ESPN Projects 2028 USA Olympic team. Good enough to win Gold?

Daps
I can already tell we finna lose. Bc these journalists have the same Cacalytics mindset of the GMs. So we purposely chose a lesser talented team bc we think we need ‘role players’ and thinking we need to ‘fit’. Then we lose, then all the real stars come play.

We lost THREE TIMES last year following this goofy ass model. Mikal Bridges, Josh Hart, Cameron Johnson, Austin Reaves. Good guys, great fit, defense :obama: And we LOST. A lot.

Essentially what we’re doing is closing the gap by our damn selves. Euro teams can replicate those guys. What they cannot replicate and never will be able to is elite guard play, speed, and athleticism. That is our super power. So give me Ja, give me Zion, Lamelo,Maxey. Devin Booker is a prime example that when you bring A list talent together guys will find their role and D up
This 100%.

This is gonna be an interesting time because the U.S. still has more talent but none of these guys (as of today) is transcendent enough to cancel out poor coaching, planning, development etc.

We saw how Bron, KD, Curry and even Coach Spo carried Kerr. If we had the projected 2028 team in THIS Olympics, they lose either against Serbia or France.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I can already tell we finna lose. Bc these journalists have the same Cacalytics mindset of the GMs. So we purposely chose a lesser talented team bc we think we need ‘role players’ and thinking we need to ‘fit’. Then we lose, then all the real stars come play.

We lost THREE TIMES last year following this goofy ass model. Mikal Bridges, Josh Hart, Cameron Johnson, Austin Reaves. Good guys, great fit, defense :obama: And we LOST. A lot.

Essentially what we’re doing is closing the gap by our damn selves. Euro teams can replicate those guys. What they cannot replicate and never will be able to is elite guard play, speed, and athleticism. That is our super power. So give me Ja, give me Zion, Lamelo,Maxey. Devin Booker is a prime example that when you bring A list talent together guys will find their role and D up
Yep. I'd rather have the stars out there

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Vic gonna be best player in the league by then, by far. Took this US squad to the fina minutes of the gold medal game after 1 season. Needed Curry to go dumb to get the dub.