ESPN Projects 2028 USA Olympic team. Good enough to win Gold?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I can already tell we finna lose. Bc these journalists have the same Cacalytics mindset of the GMs. So we purposely chose a lesser talented team bc we think we need ‘role players’ and thinking we need to ‘fit’. Then we lose, then all the real stars come play.

We lost THREE TIMES last year following this goofy ass model. Mikal Bridges, Josh Hart, Cameron Johnson, Austin Reaves. Good guys, great fit, defense :obama: And we LOST. A lot.

Essentially what we’re doing is closing the gap by our damn selves. Euro teams can replicate those guys. What they cannot replicate and never will be able to is elite guard play, speed, and athleticism. That is our super power. So give me Ja, give me Zion, Lamelo,Maxey. Devin Booker is a prime example that when you bring A list talent together guys will find their role and D up

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Zion has outplayed Ant, Ja, Wemby, Jokic, and Luka multiple times, KD and Embid also. He's put 30 on all these nikkas effortlessly. They'd be doing themselves a disservice if he wants to play and doesn't get the call. He'd be the #1 option easily and doesn't dominate the ball. Easy gold if that's the case.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Zion has outplayed Ant, Ja, Wemby, Jokic, and Luka multiple times, KD and Embid also. He's put 30 on all these nikkas effortlessly. They'd be doing themselves a disservice if he wants to play and doesn't get the call. He'd be the #1 option easily and doesn't dominate the ball. Easy gold if that's the case.

Word I think Zion would go crazy in this format if his health allows.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I like Zion but he doesn’t rebound. That kills his fit. If he plays the three, he could be okay. Will he be willing to chase 3’s around though. He is unstoppable but lacks shooting. If he’s not rebounding, he’s a three.

Closing lineup
Booker
Edwards
Zion
Tatum
Bam
Next five
Brunson
Cade
Williams
Paolo
Chet
Last two
Herb
Mobley or JA

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I like Zion but he doesn’t rebound. That kills his fit. If he plays the three, he could be okay. Will he be willing to chase 3’s around though. He is unstoppable but lacks shooting. If he’s not rebounding, he’s a three.

Closing lineup
Booker
Edwards
Zion
Tatum
Bam
Next five
Brunson
Cade
Williams
Paolo
Chet
Last two
Herb
Mobley or JA
Yea, I always said he should play the 3 full time. He is a good spot up shooter but never spots up (hasn't had a guard who can pass in years either so that hurts), he makes them when he takes them. He's damn near automatic when he pulls up around 15 feet, but has taken less than 30 his whole career.

I was more focused on the slashing though. Nobody on this year's team USA was able to consistently get to the rack, Bron was really the only one getting there consistently and his pace and ability to break down defenders ain't on Zions level. Soon as Z puts the ball on the floor he is gone. It opens up the floor for everyone else.

Z gets the defensive focus on a Curry level, even without the ball. He would be the only person on that team that the Defense has to watch for 40 minutes. You don't have to double Ant or Ja or Paulo, you gotta double Z every possession. Currently, none of his peers brings that to the table.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto