Why is wolverine so popular?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
like a couple cats said: he was one of the first anti heroes and people latched on....it's gotten to the point though that the character is boring now...they've increased his healing powers to levels that make him uninteresting...he's pretty much a god...just like batman...only thing that makes him a tad less annoying than bats: at least wolverine has powers...

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
Love that fukking line :wow:

convertyfs2l.gif
That doesn't even make sense that he would be able to slice the top of the car off like that :mindblown:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wolverine character showed the most range of emotions. He was part of the X-Men, but never really was totally part of the group. He was a loner. It's like being in a school, but not being in the group with the cool kids. He had issues with his past and his obsession with Jean. When you add that up with his attitude and powers, you have a likable character.

Cyclops is like the Ivy League guy who never had any rough patches in his life. It's just not as easy for people to relate. I know his character background is his parents died in a plane crash or something when he was a kid, but he comes off a smug.

Of course he was a loner, dude was old as fukk and the rest of the xmen wasn'twasn't

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I first started reading the X-Men back in the 80's a friend in my class put me on. I was a DC guy. Wolverine was already my friends favorite but what made me like him too was I never saw a superhero like him before. He didnt give a fukk. He was down to kill villains if Storm or Cyclops didnt hold him back. He had claws. Metal ones. I used to think they were part of his gloves then I found out they came from inside him AND his whole skeleton was made of the shyt. I was hooked, that shyt was so original to me. And no one knew his real name. I remember when they first called him Logan in the comics. That chick from Alpha Flight screamed out his name when he and Nightcrawler paid her a visit. NC was like "I didnt know that was your name". Wolverine said "you never asked. :smugfavre: "

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because just like Batman he is a loner who only fits into a team for his own personal gains or use. Plus he sees the world for what it is, sometimes unlike the other xmen, and reacts on instinct.
Now he's a sellout c00n who dikkrides captain America while cyke keeps swagging on the authorities !!! The summers cable and cyke (minus Alex the nazi ) >>>> Logan and his dead ass bisexual son that he drowned in a puddle !!

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course he was a loner, dude was old as fukk and the rest of the xmen wasn'twasn't
Well he's a pediphile breh why you think he liked kitty pride and jubilee so much :scusthov: ..... :shaq2:
@R=G during what run did he start becoming like a team leader and shyt as opposed to the bad ass holding back his berserker rage. I remember always being more of a cyke fan when I was young and his connection to apocalypse and jean grey . I just liked wolvy but cyke , iceman and gambit were my Niccas

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Wolverine was never a leader until the whole 2011 storyline Schism...for some reason, instead of it being Storm wanting to break away from Cyclops, they chose Wolverine. It just never made sense.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
wolverine called this nikka gumbo :heh:

gambit is overrated :heh:

Iceman>>>Gambit
Nightcrawler>>>Gambit

shyt even Morph 25 minute air time ass>>>Gambit (now I went too far :heh:)

In the cartoon, Morph was weak. In the books around Age of Apocalypse, he was a MVP level character. Gambit was all weak and soft because he wanted to be with Rogue but didn't have the balls to tell her about his Sinister past and she couldn't take it. Eventually when she did finally find out in 1997 after the Trial of Gambit, she left his ass to die in the South Pole to die while everyone else teleported out. It was the best ETHER of the year...well..next to who was revealed to be behind it all:evil:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well he's a pediphile breh why you think he liked kitty pride and jubilee so much :scusthov: ..... :shaq2:
@R=G during what run did he start becoming like a team leader and shyt as opposed to the bad ass holding back his berserker rage. I remember always being more of a cyke fan when I was young and his connection to apocalypse and jean grey . I just liked wolvy but cyke , iceman and gambit were my Niccas

:stopitslime:......:ld: you might be on to something. Technically Wolverine is treading in pedo territory even when he's tryna get at Jean lol.

Wolverine was never a leader until the whole 2011 storyline Schism...for some reason, instead of it being Storm wanting to break away from Cyclops, they chose Wolverine. It just never made sense.

Nah way back Wolverine took over the lead of the X-men for a while. Forge made this gun that stripped Storms powers so she was fukked up in the head behind it for a while and played the sidelines. Cyclops and the originals had just formed X-Factor around the same time. One specific storyline that I can remember when Wolverine was leader was "Inferno". He didnt wanna lead, he kinda had to. This was before Bishop, Gambit, Jubilee, Cable, etc. Angel hadnt turned blue with the metal wings and I think Longshot and Dazzler were on the team at the time. :scusthov:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
In the cartoon, Morph was weak. In the books around Age of Apocalypse, he was a MVP level character. Gambit was all weak and soft because he wanted to be with Rogue but didn't have the balls to tell her about his Sinister past and she couldn't take it. Eventually when she did finally find out in 1997 after the Trial of Gambit, she left his ass to die in the South Pole to die while everyone else teleported out. It was the best ETHER of the year...well..next to who was revealed to be behind it all:evil:

Tell us man .... I aint read a comic since '96 ...

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Tell us man .... I aint read a comic since '96 ...
It was all mister sinister, he had an agreement with gambit to lead them into the morlock tunnels in exchange for him to gain better control of his powers. Dark Beast from the age of apocalypse created the morlocks 20 years prior using AOA Sinisters technology which our sinister wanted erased