Why is wolverine so popular?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well honestly, I don't get how heads say Logan "c00ns" its up, but as far as his switch in motivations, majority of that was handled in his solo books and not in the main X-Books. Marvel has usually done a poor job of explaining character motivations in their huge crossovers, you usually have to go the side books for the real meat on that.

Basically Logan had been going through major issues with kids and death in X-Force, his solo titles and reaching over to some X-books. Him and X-Force spent the entire run debating the morals of killing the Child Apocalypse and chose to let his clone stay alive, he killed a group of superpowered criminals that he later found out to be his own children, he had been dealing with the estranged relationships with his own Daken and X-23, all the while being a mainstream hero with the Avengers while still being Cyclops's goon with the X-Men. He finally reached a breaking point.

Now, I'm not saying it was handled the best, because I've commonly said Wolverine's choices were a "business decision". Marvel made the choice to have their cash cow be a mainstream hero and not a rogue tweener that many of the X-Men have been placed as.

With Cyclops, I think most people can understand why he took the path he did but in Wolverine's eyes, Cyclops was always supposed to be the Yin to his Yang. He good positive image to his lone wolf killer image. But as the years went on, Cyclops got even more grimy than Logan was at some points and he realized he had no counterbalance for himself. As quiet as its kept, Logan is actually a very idealistic hero and person, despite everything he's been through. Seriously. If he wasn't, he wouldn't even be a hero. Everything about him from his origin, to his experiences to how far he's been pushed and used by everyone is classic supervillian origin stuff, yet Logan is a hero despite all of it. Logan, at his core, is a guy who wants to do go, but doesn't really know how to on his own. He's always needed or felt like he needed that guidance and with Cyclops, Scott was the guy that kept the ideal of what an X-Man is about. When Scott started switching it up to darker territory, Logan never would have felt the need to change to his current status quo. Had Logan not switched it up, him and Scott would have wound up being mutant mercenaries.
No I know why he did it , and how you put it is how it should of came across . Im going to reread schism and xforce again because I didn't follow all of xforce . But your right I liked wolverine and the xmen at the beginning but after awhile the kids were in just as much danger with him as with Scott so I hoped they would realize that at some point ( maybe during a vs x) but instead they decided they want to portray Scott as a terrorist . Which in most of the events he does in his xbook is ridiculous he saves persecuted mutants and destroys sentinels not plots to destroy humanity like magneto .

And the business decision way they decided to make him place the avengers over the xmen always had me like ehh cap never gave a shyt about mutants while Scott gave his whole life to the dream and repeatedly saw the mutants get killed and the government not Caring . So while Scott might have been misguided his heart was in the right place iron mans dumb ass is the one who fukked with the Phoenix .

Then choosing a puppet leader in Alex to lead the avengers while saying Logan isnt a safe choice :dwillhuh: the public knows he's a avenger and he's ok to teach mutant kids but not lead avengers huh cap . That screams discrimination ! Finally I don't get why Logan was ok with Xavier since he was the one who started up the whole sending out kids To fight and die stuff , and manipulated so many people's minds several times and faked his death and shyt . How could Logan cosign a guy like that ??

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Well, I'll try my best to answer all of this...

No I know why he did it , and how you put it is how it should of came across . Im going to reread schism and xforce again because I didn't follow all of xforce . But your right I liked wolverine and the xmen at the beginning but after awhile the kids were in just as much danger with him as with Scott so I hoped they would realize that at some point ( maybe during a vs x) but instead they decided they want to portray Scott as a terrorist . Which in most of the events he does in his xbook is ridiculous he saves persecuted mutants and destroys sentinels not plots to destroy humanity like magneto .

You probably want to check out Wolverine's solo book as well around this time period, all of those books together paint a better picture of his mindframe at the time.

With the kids at the school, I mean, they are mutants and will ALWAYS be hunted, its just Wolverine's school is trying to give them a choice of being a soldier or just learn how to use your powers. And Scott is getting a raw deal.

And the business decision way they decided to make him place the avengers over the xmen always had me like ehh cap never gave a shyt about mutants while Scott gave his whole life to the dream and repeatedly saw the mutants get killed and the government not Caring . So while Scott might have been misguided his heart was in the right place iron mans dumb ass is the one who fukked with the Phoenix .

Yeah honestly, AvX itself was kind of ridiculous because all these characters and teams have worked together numerous times in the past and the disagreement is one that could have been handled with a singled convo. However Marvel really just wanted to do it as a HUGE moneymaker summer event AND as a pre-cursor to Marvel Now. Literally AvX was a reason for marvel to shake up the deck for Marvel Now, where everyone is in a different role in the universe.

Then choosing a puppet leader in Alex to lead the avengers while saying Logan isnt a safe choice :dwillhuh: the public knows he's a avenger and he's ok to teach mutant kids but not lead avengers huh cap . That screams discrimination ! Finally I don't get why Logan was ok with Xavier since he was the one who started up the whole sending out kids To fight and die stuff , and manipulated so many people's minds several times and faked his death and shyt . How could Logan cosign a guy like that ??

I don't think Alex is a puppet leader, Alex actually has a long history with leading and he's a Summers. Leadership is in their bloodline, EVERY single person in that family has been an effective leader throughout time. But it also creates an interesting dynamic from a writing standpoint because Captain America actually has a character flaw in that he doesn't know how NOT to lead. He's always been the leader, so when he has to take orders from someone else, its something that unnerves him and he DOESN'T take it well.

And keep in mind, when Logan joined the X-Men, he was escaping the Department H and the Weapon X program, just off of being a government tool his entire life. Wolverine had never experienced a group/family that actually CARED about him and did positive things. He had never experienced loyalty like that before and it basically made him who he is today.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, I'll try my best to answer all of this...

You probably want to check out Wolverine's solo book as well around this time period, all of those books together paint a better picture of his mindframe at the time.

With the kids at the school, I mean, they are mutants and will ALWAYS be hunted, its just Wolverine's school is trying to give them a choice of being a soldier or just learn how to use your powers. And Scott is getting a raw deal.

Yeah honestly, AvX itself was kind of ridiculous because all these characters and teams have worked together numerous times in the past and the disagreement is one that could have been handled with a singled convo. However Marvel really just wanted to do it as a HUGE moneymaker summer event AND as a pre-cursor to Marvel Now. Literally AvX was a reason for marvel to shake up the deck for Marvel Now, where everyone is in a different role in the universe.

The avengers did a similar thing to the xmen by not wanting to hand over Wanda to them yet they want Scott to hand over hope

I don't think Alex is a puppet leader, Alex actually has a long history with leading and he's a Summers. Leadership is in their bloodline, EVERY single person in that family has been an effective leader throughout time. But it also creates an interesting dynamic from a writing standpoint because Captain America actually has a character flaw in that he doesn't know how NOT to lead. He's always been the leader, so when he has to take orders from someone else, its something that unnerves him and he DOESN'T take it well.

And keep in mind, when Logan joined the X-Men, he was escaping the Department H and the Weapon X program, just off of being a government tool his entire life. Wolverine had never experienced a group/family that actually CARED about him and did positive things. He had never experienced loyalty like that before and it basically made him who he is today.
The problem with Alex to me is whenever iron man and cap want to do something they do it . It's like they gave the affirmative action hire his own little squad to run .... By the way I liked havok and read mutant x and saw him being a star jammer it seems like they just went back to him being a government stooge .... Why wouldn't the former leader of the star jammers and avengers squad leader be taken into a space conflict ??? These are people he had recent dealings with ! Not to mention falcon ?? Really you bring falcon :dwillhuh: but not Alex ?? They have cap and wasp giving him pep talks like he just is some rookie hero over in avengers .

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Didn't Cyke basically tell Idie she should murk them kids out? Pretty sure that's why Wolverine split

• Dap
Reactions: TNC