Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
As far as Black American male fashion, for at least 10 years now, it’s mostly been influenced by Black Americans from California and rappers in general. There haven’t been too many trendy clothes that I noticed since skinny jeans, most recently it has been mostly trendy hairstyles for men and some jewelry or shoes.

Knowing that all Black Americans are from the south before our older relatives left during the great migration, and that’s where our culture was created, I think it’s dumb to argue over regions when we are the same ethnic group with the same culture at it’s base. Leave the regional wars to others.

Exactly OP is Jamaican so he can’t fully grasp how intertwined Black American culture is between the south, west,midwest and east coast.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:russ: Hov stays rocking Daily Paper, an Amsterdam based label. They got a store on Delancey that stands out like a nikka on a hockey team. What the fukk are you talking about?!
What does Amsterdam have to do with the claim that NY takes fashion trends from the UK?

What does Jay Z wearing Daily Paper have to do with anything?

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Never. The only commonality we have is wearing Tech suits and Northface (NY been doing that since the 90’s on and off) and NY been on Techs since like 2014 after we abandoned the Polo suit.

Stop the bullshyt my nikka :mjlol:
the real tag poppers all pay their respects

euro/uk nikkas do get fly for sure & there are certain waves i will give them

but they take way more from us than the reverse that's not even a debate

the majority of nikkas image is in the likeness of uptXwn whether they can trace the pedigree or not

you know it gets almost religious when it comes to this here

all praise due to thee most flee ha

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
in part nigo built bape off of his love for nyc golden era fly shyte

the pic of biggie with a bape camo jacket over his shoulders is always used as a illustration of how waves start way before the mainstream knows in the nyc streets

pharell is ahead of the curve for sure & pusha/malice by extension but they were not the first on the wave just the first to build a strong relationship with the brand

The pic of Biggie rocking bape is cool but that was not his jacket. He didn’t know anything about the brand, he just saw the jacket and liked it. There was no Bape made in his size.

This thread is about the south making an impact. Biggie is synonymous with Versace shades & coogi sweaters, breh.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
What does Amsterdam have to do with the claim that NY takes fashion trends from the UK?

What does Jay Z wearing Daily Paper have to do with anything?
UK is in what continent? Jay-Z is from where?

You stupid muthafukkas can never keep up.