Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
When did he move to nyc?
way back even before his first hit record

him & a few other atl nikkas were running around studying asap.mob running around soho learning how to piece it all together

they took that wave back to the a & stepped a whole lot of nikkas wardrobes up

all them designers & brands been using uptXwn nikkas as living mood boards to inform their collections show them how to style shyte etcetera etcetera etcetera

this ain't a flex it's facts

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
way back even before his first hit record

him & a few other atl nikkas were running around studying asap.mob running around soho learning how to piece it all together

they took that wave back to the a & stepped a whole lot of nikkas wardrobes up

all them designers & brands been using uptXwn nikkas as living mood boards to inform their collections show them how to style shyte etcetera etcetera etcetera

this ain't a flex it's facts

@Coi Leray reminds me of Travis. Ran to NY from Texas.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
If you look at how the 18 - 40 year old demo is dressing, the style gravitates to European hypebeast. There really isn’t a classically NY aesthetic that’s trending of late. People are more drawn to wearing the labels of European designers (Dolce, Gucci, Fendi) than crafting a look that speaks to their individual taste. Someone like Nas knows how to dress, but he’s an outlier. He still keeps it 90s, but NY has largely abandoned that aesthetic.

:yeshrug:
Nas has a stylist.

And you old bro you still stuck on 90’s fashion. Funny thing is kids today in the city love wearing Nike techs with Carhartt jackets which is some 90’s shyt.

In urban fashion today it’s mostly influenced by Jim Jones/Juelz rockstar look just updated and more fitted.

“First I did the Chrome Heart, then I gave 'em BB's
First nikka come through in True Religion (Facts)“

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Plus, they get most of their dressing styles these days from black UK
Never. The only commonality we have is wearing Tech suits and Northface (NY been doing that since the 90’s on and off) and NY been on Techs since like 2014 after we abandoned the Polo suit.

Stop the bullshyt my nikka :mjlol:

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Why would you expect some country bumpkins to be trendsetters in fashion?

:troll:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Maybe I’m old but early 2000’s the south made a HUGE impact :flabbynsick:.

A nikka from VA showed NY’ers what Bape was, right?
in part nigo built bape off of his love for nyc golden era fly shyte

the pic of biggie with a bape camo jacket over his shoulders is always used as a illustration of how waves start way before the mainstream knows in the nyc streets

pharell is ahead of the curve for sure & pusha/malice by extension but they were not the first on the wave just the first to build a strong relationship with the brand

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
For one op you too old to be worried about fashion trends bro .

Two, any male that obsesses over fashion should just gladly embrace a life of cuckoldry ... because ya hoe getting intercepted by any dude that actually exudes any masculine traits.

Fighting over mirror time wit ya girl :mjlol:

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Never. The only commonality we have is wearing Tech suits and NY been on Techs since like 2014 after we abandoned the Polo suit.

Stop the bullshyt my nikka :mjlol:
:russ: Hov stays rocking Daily Paper, an Amsterdam based label. They got a store on Delancey that stands out like a nikka on a hockey team. What the fukk are you talking about?!