Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Y’all are delusional.

To keep it 100 LA brands have made more of a dent for the last 10-20 years than anyone else:yeshrug:
As far as urban fashion and hip hop LA nikkas are probably the worst dressed in the game hands down.

Cali’s biggest brand Amiri was popularized by New York rappers.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
As far as urban fashion and hip hop LA nikkas are probably the worst dressed in the game hands down.
One of the hottest shoes of this year was made a black LA nikka. Who’s NY got Aime Leon Dore?

A cac that dresses like George Costanza?:mjlol:

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all are delusional.

To keep it 100 LA brands have made more of a dent for the last 10-20 years than anyone else:yeshrug:
Right, like what the fukk do these nikkas be talking about:russ:. NY has what in the last 10 years, Alyx? Phillip Plein? Foh

We should make people post pictures of good fits to see what their taste in fashion even is before they speak on it

Giselle

Daps
It’s stressful being a New Yorker and sitting in the lab creating trends for the next generation.

When will the south create their own soho and create something that we can all rock and gladly say that this started from Texas, Florida, North Carolina or Georgia?
As far as Black American male fashion, for at least 10 years now, it’s mostly been influenced by Black Americans from California and rappers in general. There haven’t been too many trendy clothes that I noticed since skinny jeans, most recently it has been mostly trendy hairstyles for men and some jewelry or shoes.

Knowing that all Black Americans are from the south before our older relatives left during the great migration, and that’s where our culture was created, I think it’s dumb to argue over regions when we are the same ethnic group with the same culture at it’s base. Leave the regional wars to others.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
As far as Black American male fashion, for at least 10 years now, it’s mostly been influenced by Black Americans from California and rappers in general. There haven’t been too many trendy clothes that I noticed since skinny jeans, most recently it has been mostly trendy hairstyles for men and some jewelry or shoes.

Knowing that all Black Americans are from the south before our older relatives left during the great migration, and that’s where our culture was created, I think it’s dumb to argue over regions when we are the same ethnic group with the same culture at it’s base. Leave the regional wars to others.

No it hasn’t. Maybe in your town.

Daps
So tell me bro what are the current fashion trends and in what region/who popularized them? :jbhmm:
If you look at how the 18 - 40 year old demo is dressing, the style gravitates to European hypebeast. There really isn’t a classically NY aesthetic that’s trending of late. People are more drawn to wearing the labels of European designers (Dolce, Gucci, Fendi) than crafting a look that speaks to their individual taste. Someone like Nas knows how to dress, but he’s an outlier. He still keeps it 90s, but NY has largely abandoned that aesthetic.

:yeshrug:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Y’all are delusional.

Rhude
Amiri
Palm Angels
Saint Michael

Is seemingly what alot of th3se kids rocking out in NYC in these drill videos.

And thats Los Angeles shyt....expensive high end fashion