Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
What was the last black fashion trend started by New York. I don't think y'all been relevant outside of NYC since the mid 2000's:patrice:

Virgil Abloh and all his children are Chicago based btw.

My cousins who are all heavy into fashion and got their own brands popping regard Atlanta as the current black fashion mecca too. :patrice:
There’s nothing original from Atlanta how can that be

I’ve seen Thug, Gunna, Lucci, Migos all give it up to Jim Jones on the fashion tip Nd a lot of the shyt in hip-hop today was being worn in NYC a decade prior. I guess your cousins say that because Atlanta is the biggest city in rap today and most visible.

Virgil was influenced by NY’ers he was closely affiliated with the Mob and the name Off-White came from A$AP Twelvyy. Rocky was the one wearing all that Pyrex vision shyt when he came out.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
@Premeditated

Amiri trend was started from pop smoke and NYC drill artist.

Timberland boots are rocked all over the country

BB belts were started in nyc in 2007.

Moncler in 2011.

Wtf you talking about?

:laff:
amiri got their design patterns from UK mandem and roadmen:unimpressed:
It’s crazy to me that people like @Premeditated can sit here with a straight face and say these things while Timberland literally promotes some of its most successful years of sales in todays in generation

:scust:

I hate liars with a passion.
ain't nobody in Cali or westcoast rocking Timbs (except for fresh off the boat africans who don't know any better)

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
@TK Smart you said a whole a lot of nothing. What fashion did your cousins get from Atlanta? The same Atlanta that rocks timberland boots today? Name the trends and brands.

Atlanta is the capitol along the Carolinas of taking fashion from NY and wearing it 5 years later

Last edited:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
The reason the store was built wasn’t because of NY nikkas claiming them. That’s my point.

It took nikkas from the south to build up the brand for the store to be built.
built the brand up but had little to no official retailers in the south during the nigo.era

built the brand up but were flooding the streets with fake replicas(i got me some bathing apes ha)

skateboard. p/the clipse some va nikkas they style never was truly country

let's not argue

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
yea southern urban fashion is legit horrible , especially outside of the large metro areas that have a lot of transplants to balance out the wild shyt
are southern brehs still rocking sponge bob tees with fruity loops colorways

Thats because in southern logic, as long as you smashing dimepiece broads in outdated clothes while driving nice cars, there is no real incentive to modernize. In their world, there is no motivation or competition to be fashion hypebeasts because they have abundance of their basic needs (p*ssy, cheaper housing, car culture).

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
amiri got their design patterns from UK mandem and roadmen:unimpressed:

ain't nobody in Cali or westcoast rocking Timbs (except for fresh off the boat africans who don't know any better)

Again!

POP SMOKE AND NY DRILL ARTIST WERE THE FIRST IN AMERICA TO ROCK AND PROMOTE AMIRI.

Do you understand English? And you didn’t even respond to the other brands.

Thank you for proving me right

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
277907950_104705625492852_2986714958741613813_n.jpg

Mc8rc2egUncXzSRL9
what color you think the.4pf.boss.mane new.era.brim is¿

funny he's holding a pair of what shoes¿

uptXwns..........

ha

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
@NewYorkIsBetterThanDallas I see you answering my questions with more questions. But I'll reiterate:
What was the last black fashion trend started by New York?

Looks like you can only bring up trends from 00s because that was the last time y'all was relevant. :yeshrug:

And I see y'all trying to claim Off White :sas2:

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
built the brand up but had little to no official retailers in the south during the nigo.era

built the brand up but were flooding the streets with fake replicas(i got me some bathing apes ha)

skateboard. p/the clipse some va nikkas they style never was truly country

let's not argue

NY is prime real estate for everything - from frisbees to shoes. Why wouldn’t they build a brick & mortar there :gucci:?! It’s got everything to do with real estate:why:

The fakes were flooding the streets because of Pharrell & everyone wearing them, that’s how trends work:martin:. Their wouldn’t be a need to make fakes if a random nikka from Queens was rocking them:what:.

Regardless, they’re from the south and everyone copied their style from rocking skate to BAPE.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@NewYorkIsBetterThanDallas I see you answering my questions with more questions. But I'll reiterate:
What was the last black fashion trend started by New York?

Looks like you can only bring up trends from 00s because that was the last time y'all was relevant. :yeshrug:

And I see y'all trying to claim Off White :sas2:

:mjlol:

I asked you to name the brands. Keep deflecting

:laff: