Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
The pic of Biggie rocking bape is cool but that was not his jacket. He didn’t know anything about the brand, he just saw the jacket and liked it. There was no Bape made in his size.

This thread is about the south making an impact. Biggie is synonymous with Versace shades & coogi sweaters, breh.
i know the back story

point is that bape was already circulating around nyc

the only storefronts stateside it was in early on were in nyc

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
I’m from Atlanta, we’ve always been fresh people but I can’t say we have started trends. Since the advent of hiphop, we all pretty much dress the same though.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
UK is in what continent? Jay-Z is from where?

You stupid muthafukkas can never keep up.
Nikka who the fukk cares what continent it’s from?

It was a NY’er Dapper Dan that made all that high end European shyt hip-hop and urban wear so much so that Gucci had to cut that check and hire him after persecuting him.

It’s not where a brand is from its who made it hot :mjlol:

Nike and Timberland are from cac ass Oregon and Massachusetts but who made them hot :mjlol:

Jay Z is 50 years old nikka and probably has a stylist he doesn’t represent shyt

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
What was the last black fashion trend started by New York? I don't think y'all been relevant outside of NYC since the mid 2000's:patrice:

Virgil Abloh and all his children are Chicago based btw.

My cousins who are all heavy into fashion and got their own brands popping regard Atlanta as the current black fashion mecca too. :patrice:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Dad

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
i know the back story

point is that bape was already circulating around nyc

the only storefronts stateside it was in early on were in nyc

The reason the store was built wasn’t because of NY nikkas claiming them. That’s my point.

It took nikkas from the south to build up the brand for the store to be built.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
yea southern urban fashion is legit horrible , especially outside of the large metro areas that have a lot of transplants to balance out the wild shyt
are southern brehs still rocking sponge bob tees with fruity loops colorways

I mean that’s going to be any where, outside a metro area, it’s not a lot of malls, and only so much you can get, nikka woke up and chose to fukk with y’all, some stuff is regional some stuff is universal, and you pick and choose according to taste

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Even if NY took fashion from UK. Why does the south care and how does that benefit them. Don’t southern cats on this board religiously make fun of UK people.
word to sas & even d.block.europe

it's a distant relatives type deal

we come from similar backgrounds nyc/(euro)uk/canada

bag of nikkas from caribbean & african families

nyc just has the largest most influential branch of the family

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV

It was a NY’er Dapper Dan that made all that high end European shyt hip-hop and urban wear so much so that Gucci had to cut that check and hire him after persecuting him.

Nike and Timberland are from cac ass Oregon and Massachusetts but who made them hot :mjlol:

Jay Z is 50 years old nikka and probably has a stylist he doesn’t represent shyt

yall nikkas got an excuse for everything just to chase after the allure of being on top. It’s over for y’all :umad:

just admit you don’t have a style for the masses anymore. You had to go back to Dapper Dan as an example to stay afloat.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

What bozo you arguing with? I’m drunk and high and got time to shyt on any nikka in this entire website.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Lil Baby wearing a Supreme edition of the Marmot Mammoth coat today…

277907950_104705625492852_2986714958741613813_n.jpg

NYC youths wearing Marmot Mammoth aka Biggie coat in 2009
9bda99c219b6ea53f25000516fbd316f.jpg

Mc8rc2egUncXzSRL9

Last edited: