Why Dont More Adults Fix Their Teeth?

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
OP..

Lime others have stated, the costs associated with getting one's teeth fixed may be too expensive for many people.

Even with those who have insurance, most coverages have a cap, so once that cap is exhausted, then the patient is responsible for he rest of the costs.

As for pain, a skilled dentist can minimize the pain. I have had numerous procedures done and although I have experienced mild discomfort, it really wasn't too bad. Surprisingly, when I had my implants done, it really did not hurt. My periodontist is very skilled, it took him 30 mins to insert my implants! Really fast! I am due for another implant and will have similar results..

I agree that those who can afford to get their teeth fixed should do so, but I also understand why some to many people don't do it.

How was your wisdom teeth extraction?

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How was your wisdom teeth extraction?

It was a success although discomforting because said tooth was stubborn, so the periodontist had to put some strength into getting that joint out.

I find that getting my teeth cleaned is more painful than any of the other procedures done with exception of root canals. My endodontist, as skilled as she is, lacks a lil finesse when sticking that long ass needle into my gums. Other than that, it is a breeze! Sometimes, no pain no gain! Just gotta man up and deal with it momentarily, then its all good from there...

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Im talking alignment moreso than color.

Everytime i see an adult with jacked up teeth i just wonder why not get it fixed? What do you guys think? I think mainly cost/time/discomfort but maybe people dont care as much about teeth as i do?

Randon thought
I feel this way about rich and famus people. How the fukk you gone be rich but have jacked up teeth and worse how you gone be a celeb and have jacked up teeth:hhh:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Has anyone used teeth whitening?:francis: I’m thinking about doing it

Def worth it. Many places do free whitening multiple times a year.

I do the 5minute gel from Walmart, works wonders and is.easier than strips.

Its also very very strong. So when they say 5min they mean it. Leave it on overnight and wakeup with your enamel gone :picard:

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I have GEHA high option and I'm still going to come out of pocket for my braces they only cover 3500.The most expensive and most comprehensive plan my employer offers only covers 5000.:wow:
Get half the procedure done before your plan renews (extractions etc.) They usually can break the process down into multiple visits. Get the rest done after the money re-ups.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Insurance, I wanted to get invisalign before but you have to pay a portion of it without coverage. Just recently went to a dentist and said it's not even worth straightening the teeth due to the structure of the bone or some shyt like that but i don't believe him. Probably cause it was another dentist and he he was trash. Will never go back to him ever again. Maybe in the future they would make it easier for people since this is a health issue but we all know dentists want to make money.