Why Dont More Adults Fix Their Teeth?

Daps
I had braces. Stop wearing my retainer now i need braces :francis:
That’s what happened to me. I didn’t wear my retainer in high school, because I wanted to flex with my new straight teeth, and they started crowding again. Then, I got extractions instead of root canals, and I had to get implants. I should have just gotten the root canals.

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
I think it's a mixture of how you were raised, cost and benefits package.

My teeth were crooked as fukk and I didn't want braces because I heard you had to have them on for a million months and wear a retainer for life so I did research and found out about Lumineers :blessed:
This was my exact issue growning up. Especially seeing my cuz had to wear braces for like 4 years straight smh couldn't be me. Got invisalign when I got older. Only had to wear them for like a year and couldn't be happier

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
This was my exact issue growning up. Especially seeing my cuz had to wear braces for like 4 years straight smh couldn't be me. Got invisalign when I got older. Only had to wear them for like a year and couldn't be happier

Good shyt. The amazing positive effect that being able to smile effortlessly has on your self esteem is priceless :wow:

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
my dentist said that there is a risk of potential nerve damage.So I have been refereed for hospital treatment

Wow! I know there is always risks, but I guess it depends on the patiens
God bless you brotha cause you got great insurance. Folks don't know how lucky it is to have some good dental insurance and a good dentist.

And you right some insurances do cover root canals. Man and even then some insurances don't even cover the crown after the root canal is done. Cause with a root you got to have a crown because the tooth is hollowed and and basically dead.

On the real I been encouraging folks to look at getting work done in mexico if they need extensive work. There are dentist in tijuana that got practices in san diego. If their patients can't afford the cost in the states. They tell them to come to their office in tijuana to get the work done at a quarter of the price. Hell and they can still use their US insurance in mexico.

Thank you Breh mane! I have Delta Premium and I was told by one of their representatives that my insurance is in the top 2%! My dentist is an dark skinned Indian woman and my endodontist is an older Vietnamese woman. They both waived my 20% because they know that my insurance is fire!! They can eat very well with 80% no cap!

My union is one of the most powerful unions in the nation, so they negotiated a contract which set up the membership very well. It could be better and has been in the past, but currently, not too many companies and unions have what I have, so I am very blessed and fortunate.

Breh, I know that my shyt is well over 50K in dental work. I got another implant to get and then get a crown for it which is a grip! But, I don't have to lift a finger towards my wallet to pay for a GD thing! My dentists know that if they try to make my pay for anything, I will take my business somewhere else near my job who would gladly take my business and waive the 20%..

The only thing I don't get covered is braces and cosmetic work. If I had kids, then they would be covered with braces.

BeBorn

Westside Chicago 32212
Daps
Reppin
Westside chicago
If you see people with miss gates the most dangerous idgaf people in the world...hell they fix ya teeth in prison or used to.....one toof okay whole gates....i met chicks that got emily b treatment and never got the cardi b upgrade....body banging but yukmouths

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Def worth it. Many places do free whitening multiple times a year.

I do the 5minute gel from Walmart, works wonders and is.easier than strips.

Its also very very strong. So when they say 5min they mean it. Leave it on overnight and wakeup with your enamel gone :picard:

whats the 5 min gel you are talking about bro?

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need braces for my bottom teeth. My front bottom teeth are They're expensive as hell though. Was gonna do invisalign but been stalling because its expensive and have bills, bills, bills.

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
yoh know whats crazy?
is my teeth always been perfect (aside from a cavity or 2).

and mike n ikes is like my favorite food.

:deadmanny:

edit.

i our peroxide on my brush too tho.
sometjing my mother and them taught me when i was little.

Lost His Smile

Stop Existing.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 12th Dimension
:scust: shyt cost too much. I was lucky to have a family member pay for my braces. About $5000 for two years of gear. I got them off a few months ago and now Im on retainers.

Its definitely worth the money though. The realignment of my jaw from having the braces in was :smugdraper:. Talk about an upgrade.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Like others said money and just weighing the cost of spending that money versus using it for other reasons. I think for me it would come down to had bad the mouth looks. For mine I've been told numerous times I have a great smile but I have one tooth that is tucked behind some others. Always bothered the fukk out of me. I have dental insurance but it doesn't cover cosmetic issues. That shyt was going to $7,000 out of pocket which just wasn't worth it to me. I'm actually trying one of the at home ones which was $1800 out of pocket.