Why Dont More Adults Fix Their Teeth?

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
It was a success although discomforting because said tooth was stubborn, so the periodontist had to put some strength into getting that joint out.

I find that getting my teeth cleaned is more painful than any of the other procedures done with exception of root canals. My endodontist, as skilled as she is, lacks a lil finesse when sticking that long ass needle into my gums. Other than that, it is a breeze! Sometimes, no pain no gain! Just gotta man up and deal with it momentarily, then its all good from there...

my dentist said that there is a risk of potential nerve damage.So I have been refereed for hospital treatment

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Def worth it. Many places do free whitening multiple times a year.

I do the 5minute gel from Walmart, works wonders and is.easier than strips.

Its also very very strong. So when they say 5min they mean it. Leave it on overnight and wakeup with your enamel gone :picard:
Wait I heard those ones are not effective? That’s it better to go to the dentist

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I've always heard how "American" this urge to fix/perfect teeth is. They say it's not like that elsewhere but here people have PERFECT teeth and it's seen as kinda weird elsewhere

Well yeah they aren't supposed to be all blindingly white and shyt, nothing is if were being honest.

And let's be real, some of these veneers celebs be rocking look goofy af and it's very obvious when they have them.

I'll never forget watching L&HH and seeing them veneers Safaree had in his mouth. Nikka looked silly af :laff:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Def worth it. Many places do free whitening multiple times a year.

I do the 5minute gel from Walmart, works wonders and is.easier than strips.

Its also very very strong. So when they say 5min they mean it. Leave it on overnight and wakeup with your enamel gone :picard:
So it's like hair relaxer, but for teeth

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Im talking alignment moreso than color.

Everytime i see an adult with jacked up teeth i just wonder why not get it fixed? What do you guys think? I think mainly cost/time/discomfort but maybe people dont care as much about teeth as i do?

Randon thought
it's expensive, people don't have money or insurance like that to cover it.
People for whatever reason have a hate or fear of dentists.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I think it's a mixture of how you were raised, cost and benefits package.

My teeth were crooked as fukk and I didn't want braces because I heard you had to have them on for a million months and wear a retainer for life so I did research and found out about Lumineers :blessed:

Just for the top row it cost me $12k and you couldn't do a payment plan :scust:

Aside from my laser eye surgery, Best $12k I ever spent :wow:
did you get them done when you were signed to godfather unit? Did fif crack jokes on your grill? :mjlol:

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
Well yeah they aren't supposed to be all blindingly white and shyt, nothing is if were being honest.

And let's be real, some of these veneers celebs be rocking look goofy af and it's very obvious when they have them.

I'll never forget watching L&HH and seeing them veneers Safaree had in his mouth. Nikka looked silly af :laff:

What bugs me is that motherfukkers are shaving down their own teeth to get mouth guard veeners

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
I always wondered if the price would be the same if you only had to do one row of teeth instead of the top and.bottom?

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yep! You broke it down eloquently! I have had all of what you have mentioned done as well as a few root canals done. Luckily for me, I have no cap on my insurance and my dentist waived my 20% obligation, so I get my work done for free!

God bless you brotha cause you got great insurance. Folks don't know how lucky it is to have some good dental insurance and a good dentist.

And you right some insurances do cover root canals. Man and even then some insurances don't even cover the crown after the root canal is done. Cause with a root you got to have a crown because the tooth is hollowed and and basically dead.

On the real I been encouraging folks to look at getting work done in mexico if they need extensive work. There are dentist in tijuana that got practices in san diego. If their patients can't afford the cost in the states. They tell them to come to their office in tijuana to get the work done at a quarter of the price. Hell and they can still use their US insurance in mexico.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I had a bad experience coming up with dental pain... Even the sound of a drill had me not wanting to go. But like was said earlier, dental technology has come a long way. I don't even use headphones now if I have to have a filling done. But the cost of these procedures.... sheesh. The dentists have recommended me getting Invisalign, but that is a grip... And they mention it so casually like I got that paper just sitting ready to put down. I might be following my father in law's lead; niigga went to Ecuador for vacation and wound up getting some dental work done while he was down there. Paid like a quarter of what they was tryna charge him here in the states. I've heard of people in So Cal regularly going to see dentists in Mexico for the same reason.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Detached coli thread #4,080 , dental procedures costs mad dough and a lot of people don’t have dental insurance

This.

Plus with certain dental insurance it doesn't cover the whole mouth. On the good side, there are a lot of aligner companies coming out and they're making very low payment options for everyone. I'm currently wearing invisalign and it cost me 6K.