Why doesn’t Nintendo get shyt for not having backwards compatibility?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
random but the DS5 has made me loath my pro controller

I felt the same way playing xenoblade, its one of the things that made me not want to play lol

There just something about the weight and feedback that had me feeling kind of uncomfortable using it. Like it felt mad small or and cheap

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I felt the same way playing xenoblade, its one of the things that made me not want to play lol

There just something about the weight and feedback that had me feeling kind of uncomfortable using it. Like it felt mad small or and cheap

yeah especially at the bold...the DS5 feels like a premium controller compared to the DS4 and the elite 1/2 are definitely premium controllers...cheap is exactly how the pro controller feels in comparison after having not used it in a while...damn I’m ready to get rid of this switch but I still have a lot of games I need to finish on it first

Daps
:pachaha:catching up

its not 2005. Nintendo has nothing like GOW or TLOU.
:mjlol: Ok bro I’ll act like Breath Of the Wild and and Mario Odyssey and don’t exist both have extremely high metacritic scores and GOY awards

I have all of these games including GOW and TLOU so :yeshrug:

I will say Sony have overtaken Nintendo though in recent years that’s why I said they caught up in terms of having more GOY games since Nintendo haven’t dropped a new Metroid Prime game.

When PlayStation allstars reaches Smash Bros status i’ll be ready to concede

Canon

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: Ok bro I’ll act like Breath Of the Wild and and Mario Odyssey and don’t exist both have extremely high metacritic scores and GOY awards

I have all of these games including GOW and TLOU so :yeshrug:

I will say Sony have overtaken Nintendo though in recent years that’s why I said they caught up in terms of having more GOY games since Nintendo haven’t dropped a new Metroid Prime game.

When PlayStation allstars reaches Smash Bros status i’ll be ready to concede
BOTW is a classic and i loved it

but Sony is right there with Nintendo at this point.

Daps
BOTW is a classic and i loved it

but Sony is right there with Nintendo at this point.
I’ll agree but there was a point I felt Sony didn’t have enough compelling exclusives at least where the PS4 was concerned Bloodbourne changed the trajectory

Last few years Sony have been killing it though
Nintendo isn’t leveraging the rest of its IPs other than Mario Smash Bros and Zelda to get GOY quality contenders

I’ll go out and say Ratchet and Clank isn’t too far away from Mario in terms of fun. PlayStation created a lot of new IPs in the last 10 years(TLOU, Horizon, Bloodbourne, NIOH Uncharted using insomniac to make an original Spider-Man ) which I gotta give them props for :ehh:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
yeah especially at the bold...the DS5 feels like a premium controller compared to the DS4 and the elite 1/2 are definitely premium controllers...cheap is exactly how the pro controller feels in comparison after having not used it in a while...damn I’m ready to get rid of this switch but I still have a lot of games I need to finish on it first

I feel like by the time the things i want get released on it the pro model or next iteration will be out. I’m waiting on SMTV, Metroid Prime 4, BOTW2, and a new fire emblem but it doesn’t look like it’s happening this year for any of those games except maybe SMTV.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just because Nintendo gets a lot of praise don't mean people don't criticize Nintendo. I don't know why people feel like this is the case.
Not vocal enough maybe?

I haven't been a part of video game forums and years and stopped reading Game Informer in like 2011 - so I'm out of touch.
The thing with nintendo though is they’ll have a super successful console and follow it up with a terrible one. While the switch and the WII are monsters, the GameCube and wii-u were disasters. The N64 was also pretty lousy sales wise.

They are like the Eminem of gaming, they have devoted fan base of people but despite selling a lot of albums every other album is a flop.

Gamecube was pretty great :whoa:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Not vocal enough maybe?

I haven't been a part of video game forums and years and stopped reading Game Informer in like 2011 - so I'm out of touch.

Gamecube was pretty great :whoa:

they got like 3 class action lawsuits on em for the switch alone in 3 different regions. Nintendo's fan's love hate relationship is something else, we on they ass for some of their outlandish bullshyt. I'm hoping a lawsuit for their horrid online service hits them next.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
idk cuz I used to jump back and forth between the elite controller and the pro with no issues but after using the DS5, I tried playing a couple games on the switch and that shyt felt horrible in my hands smh

apparently I can use the DS5 on the switch...will test it out tomorrow...it’d be funny af if I can use it on the switch flawlessly considering that’s not the case when trying to use it with the PS3/4

*edit*

no motion control support for the DS5 only the DS4...dealbreaker since I wanted to get back into BOTW...also I just remembered I have amiibo cards for this game

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
apparently I can use the DS5 on the switch...will test it out tomorrow...it’d be funny af if I can use it on the switch flawlessly considering that’s not the case when trying to use it with the PS3/4

*edit*

no motion control support for the DS5 only the DS4...dealbreaker since I wanted to get back into BOTW...also I just remembered I have amiibo cards for this game

ordered the mayflash magic NS adapter since it supports the motion control (but no rumble when wireless)...I can live without using the amiibo cards...bought them along time ago on a whim anyway...I held the pro controller in my hand again and realize the triggers and the thickness of the controller just don’t feel right in comparison to the DS5 and both elite controllers...also if I’m reading correctly I can just use a wired connection to use the DS5 on the switch and get both motion control/rumble support...late now so I’ll test it out tomorrow

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:unimpressed: Sony passed Nintendo in exclusives like 20 years ago.

Right, fukk these nikkas on :mjlol:

Especially this last gen, its no comparison. Okay ya'll got BOTW and Smash (even though I think its been wack since melee). Sony has double digit top tier exclusives.

I've been a nintendo hater for a minute now though. They games don't hit and they haven't evolved to the extent of their contemporaries. Look at Mario, Pokemon, Kirby etc ya'll always bring up their first party dominance but these games be hella mid to me. How many fukking times can we get a 3D mario that isn't even as good as 64 :francis:

Never mind the fact their hardware is garbage and over priced. 70 for a pro controller which you are basically mandated to cop if you don't hate life. so now your cheap console is damn near the price of a digital PS5 :mjlol:

underpowered ass systems, horrible online, forced scarcity with hard/software, blatantly anti consumer practices. I could go on. I'd buy a msft system before I buy a nintendo one dead ass.

Last edited: