Why doesn’t Nintendo get shyt for not having backwards compatibility?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yep. I even own a good half of the games on both lists, yet the true tale of the tape is how much I've actually played them and what I'd rate them upon finishing. There's about 5 games on the Nintendo list that I feel like I just HAD TO play and couldn't live without ever playing. It's easily double that on the Sony side, if not tripled. Cats wanna chest thump Nintendo's sales, but put their hands in their pockets and look up in the sky when those game of the year lists drop.

Another indicator is where the devs decisions be at. Even the low-key games on Playstation, that could actually run on Nintendo, just ain't even there. Persona 5 Royal and 13 Sentinels, for example, among the best games that came out last year and could most likely run okay-ish on the Switch, but ain't even there.

thats also why i laugh when people say nintendo is the platform for japanese games, when sony is still getting the best japanese games. Nintendo fans are still PORT BEGGING for persona 5 even after getting persona strikers. nikkas have no clue what strikers is even about cause they missed out on a 100 hour game. They are celebrating getting Disgaea after shyt been on playstation exclusively for two decades almost.

I think if you asked most GAMERS if they could only have one system out of the two, playstation or switch, i guarantee they ain't picking a switch, unless they really hate playing games on their tvs. Which is another new thing I learned about with these nintendo stans. Apparently playing at a tv is unbearable now.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Mario Odyssey Galaxy 1 & 2 ametroid Prime Trilogy and Breath of the Wild are Oscar calibur.

all past gen or cross gen games also... You can't even play the prime series on the switch. Not only that but those games are very far and few. Nintendo fans are starving for that new prime, the new BoTW, the new Bayonetta, a SMTV...games that you can easily play similar or better versions of on other platforms.

Nintendo ropes half their fanbase in with the promise of these "gamer" franchises returning and string them along for an entire gen. It's been 4 years since teh switch has been out and games they announced at launch still have no release date.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
You moved the goalposts quick:mjlol:
How did i move goal posts? Sunshine came out the same year as vice city, on playstation. They came out on xbox way after the fact. Timed exclusive, still exclusive. San andreas on ps2 more than doubled the best selling xbox game.

You on some revisionist shyt if you acting like them shyts wasn't signature ps2 games.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
There’s nothing shallow about Nintendo’s heavy hitters.

If anything that VMA /people’s choice fast and furious description applies to GTA and COD mario kart Pokemon and animal crossing are Nintendo’s versions.

Mario Odyssey/Galaxy 1 & 2 /Metroid Prime Trilogy and Breath of the Wild are Oscar calibur.

I mean, some of those definitely are, but they're not as bountiful as ninty stans have you to believe. There's usually only 1 mario and 1 zelda per gen and Metriod is like every 2-3 gens. They're also not leagues above other console games' offerings either. Plus, fukk Metroid Prime.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
im low key mad i keep buying nintendo products and falling for the sham every gen.

It sucks that BoTW was prob the game of the gen for me and Fire Emblem was the best tactical rpg i've played since FFT. The Nintendo games i enjoy i LOVE the rest of it is grade a baby shyt:yeshrug:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
im low key mad i keep buying nintendo products and falling for the sham every gen.

It sucks that BoTW was prob the game of the gen for me and Fire Emblem was the best tactical rpg i've played since FFT. The Nintendo games i enjoy i LOVE the rest of it is grade a baby shyt:yeshrug:
Ahh, so you made this thread cause you haven’t actually experienced the depth of the Switch’s library :ohhh:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

part of me is a huge Nintendo stan, but I haven't copped any of their consoles since the Gamecube. I just can't do it for a few games

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ahh, so you made this thread cause you haven’t actually experienced the depth of the Switch’s library :ohhh:

What am I missing?

AA062172-682-D-4-DFD-97-E1-801-E6-EF9949-B.jpg

Daps
How did i move goal posts? Sunshine came out the same year as vice city, on playstation. They came out on xbox way after the fact. Timed exclusive, still exclusive. San andreas on ps2 more than doubled the best selling xbox game.

You on some revisionist shyt if you acting like them shyts wasn't signature ps2 games.
No it isn’t a timed exclusive is a timed exclusive.

Meaning everyone knew it was multiplatform so they just had to wait for it for the platform they desired, coming out on PC 6 months later doesn’t qualify as exclusivity.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Wikipedia

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
No it isn’t a timed exclusive is a timed exclusive especially if it’s just a year later.
Meaning everyone knew it was multiplayer so they just had to wait for it for the platform they desired coming out on PC 6 months later doesn’t qualify as exclusivity.
Gta 3 came out on xbox like 2 years later. If you name signature xbox games, gta ain't coming up. You know this. Just stop.

*I see your talking pc. :skip:

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Gta 3 came out on xbox like 2 years later. If you name signature xbox games, gta ain't coming up. You know this. Just stop.
GTA 3 was out before the Xbox or Gamecube, and the Dreamcast was already dead. it was only on the PS2 because that was really the only console out at that point. not because of any exclusivity contract with Sony