Why doesn’t Nintendo get shyt for not having backwards compatibility?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
E3 2002: Sony gets Grand Theft Auto exclusive

e32006-microsoft-petermooretattoo-full.jpg

So xbox had a big e3 reveal for no reason.
seems I was wrong, but that was after the fact :ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The Wii U was backwards compatible with the Wii. The Wii was backwards compatible with the Gamecube. None of the systems before that used the same form factor media that would work like that. The Switch also doesn't.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Right. Like, how many of us on here are here because we are playing Fifa, Call of duty, The Sims, Or mobile games which are the biggest sellers every year?

It ain’t about just sales, because everyone and their mothers will play a nintendo game for like 20 minutes. It’s like movies, shyt like fast and the furious will make a billion dollars but that don’t mean it’s an actual quality movie. It’s just a mindless popcorn movie you watch once or have on FX when you’re cleaning the house. it’s not something people will talk about in any serious way. It’s just something that appeals to the widest demographic of people which inherently means it’s relatively shallow.

PlayStation is like Oscar and Emmy level games, nintendo is like peoples choice awards/VMA’s.

Senselessness. PS3/4/5 games are movies that I put down the controller for 60% of the time due to watching cut scenes. Those games with super high production values-even higher than movies-is the reason why 3rd party companies going bankrupt and forced to sell $50 worth of DLC just to stay open.

Last edited:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
What am I missing?

AA062172-682-D-4-DFD-97-E1-801-E6-EF9949-B.jpg
Splatoon 2
Ultra SF2
Captain Toad
Cadence of Hyrule
Luigi’s Mansion 3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
fukkin SUPER MARIO MAKER 2, Come on man!
Zelda Link’s Awakeninng

Here are some multiplat games that I would argue shine brightest on the Switch:
Mega Man 11
The Messenger
Monster Boy
Cyber Shadow
Cuphead
Super Bomberman R
Celeste
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Hades
Sonic Mania

Those titles, plus the big titles in your catalog, is almost my entire library. As a rule of thumb grab any Wii U port you never got to play on the Wii U. Switch has fukkin depth, man. Seriously. I really loved all three last-gen consoles but the switch easily got the most burn from me.

I remember as a kid the Gamecube and Wii were my only consoles for the majority of those generations, and the droughts were unbearable. The Switch really doesn’t have that problem.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Splatoon 2
Ultra SF2
Captain Toad
Cadence of Hyrule
Luigi’s Mansion 3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
fukkin SUPER MARIO MAKER 2, Come on man!
Zelda Link’s Awakeninng

Here are some multiplay games that I would argue shine brightest on the Switch:
Mega Man 11
The Messenger
Monster Boy
Cyber Shadow
Cuphead
Super Bomberman R
Celeste
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Hades
Sonic Mania

Those titles, plus the big titles in your catalog, is almost my entire library. As a rule of thumb grab any Wii U port you never got to play on the Wii U. Switch has fukkin depth, man. Seriously. I really loved all three last-gen consoles but the switch easily got the most burn from me.

I remember as a kid the Gamecube and Wii were my only consoles for the majority of those generations, and the droughts were unbearable. The Switch really doesn’t have that problem.

Sonic, Scott pilgrim, Cuphead, Celeste i have on PlayStation

Hades and links awakening i already have they are pictured above.

Not into playing retro platformers or competitive games you you need nintendo online for or couch co-op.

I will check out luigis mansion and cadence of hyrule when and if they go on sale

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
get to test the dualsense 5 on the switch today

:steviej:

on the one hand it works flawlessly...on the other BOTW didn’t age very well imo...the cartoon style doesn’t look that good on a big 4k screen...and this weapons system is atrocious...I remember shyt breaking but I’ve literally gone thru 4-5 weapons just fighting one small group of bobos or w/e they’re called :hhh:

also mentally it just feels weird looking down and seeing the dualsense as I use it with the switch

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if anyone is thinking of getting the 8bitdo adapter to use controllers for other systems on the switch get a mayflash magic NS instead...it doesn’t make sense that the DS5 works better with the switch than it does with the PS3

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
if anyone is thinking of getting the 8bitdo adapter to use controllers for other systems on the switch get a mayflash magic NS instead...it doesn’t make sense that the DS5 works better with the switch than it does with the PS3
What features of the DS work on the switch?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What features of the DS work on the switch?

all except the haptic feedback and gyro control...gyro control supposedly works if you plug it into the magic NS adapter’s USB port and switch games don’t use haptic feedback

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Nintendo stans complain about the way Nintendo tries to monetize its past properties repeatedly all the time. But Nintendo cooks its own exclusive brand of crack so they will make money regardless. The Switch is the most successful system Nintendo has had since the SNES so there is no incentive to change.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nintendo stans complain about the way Nintendo tries to monetize its past properties repeatedly all the time. But Nintendo cooks its own exclusive brand of crack so they will make money regardless. The Switch is the most successful system Nintendo has had since the SNES so there is no incentive to change.
The Switch is already my favorite console of all time and if they decide to open up their old Gamecube library, that just sweetens the deal even more for me. I would gladly buy updated versions of games like Eternal Darkness/Metroid/Starfox and even random titles like Killer 7.