Why doesn’t Nintendo get shyt for not having backwards compatibility?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
only arguable point where sony and nintendo were comparable exclusive wise is the ps1 era. PS2 onward you are on absolute dust if you think Nintendo had better exclusives :mjlol: it became an utter wash in recent years even. Only so long you can release mario in different paint and pedestrian pokemon games

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
There's no reason to have a switch other than to play Nintendo games. Of course they're sell high. How you gonna buy a switch and not but mario kart?

:rudy: Like I bought a switch to play nba 2k.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:francis: :mjlol:

List of best-selling Nintendo Switch video games - Wikipedia

List of best-selling PlayStation 4 video games - Wikipedia

I like sony exclusives but nikkas really overrate them just bcuz they have a personal preference for them and that’s where the stan shyt comes in :smh:

...and the best selling games list for PS4 comprises a lot of 3rd party games

Not really a matter of overrating at all tho. I don't think anyone says that Sony's exclusives outsells nintendo's. Sells ain't the end all, be all of the story tho. All in all, I'm playing way more games on the top 20 of that sales list on the Sony side than the Nintendo side (and I bet your ass is as well, fool). Barring a select few, Nintendo's games on that list and in general, are more for casual play. And like everything that amounts to sales in this world, casuals are in greater number. So unless you in on their books, it doesn't matter a great deal. McDonald's sells a McBillion burgers a year, that don't mean Imma prefer or eat there more often that Kobe's Grill.

Also, what difference does it make if some of the Sony best sellers are also 3rd party when most of those aren't on Nintendo or seriously downgraded and released years later.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not really a matter of overrating at all tho. I don't think anyone says that Sony's exclusives outsells nintendo's. Sells ain't the end all, be all of the story tho. All in all, I'm playing way more games on the top 20 of that sales list on the Sony side than the Nintendo side. Barring a select few, Nintendo's games on that list and in general, are more for casual play. And like everything that amounts to sales in this world, casuals are in greater number. So unless you in on their books, it doesn't matter a great deal. McDonald's sells a McBillion burgers a year, that don't mean Imma prefer or eat there more often that Kobe's Grill.

Also, what difference does it make if some of the Sony best sellers are also 3rd party when most of those aren't on Nintendo or seriously downgraded and released years later.

Right. Like, how many of us on here are here because we are playing Fifa, Call of duty, The Sims, Or mobile games which are the biggest sellers every year?

It ain’t about just sales, because everyone and their mothers will play a nintendo game for like 20 minutes. It’s like movies, shyt like fast and the furious will make a billion dollars but that don’t mean it’s an actual quality movie. It’s just a mindless popcorn movie you watch once or have on FX when you’re cleaning the house. it’s not something people will talk about in any serious way. It’s just something that appeals to the widest demographic of people which inherently means it’s relatively shallow.

PlayStation is like Oscar and Emmy level games, nintendo is like peoples choice awards/VMA’s.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Right. Like, how many of us on here are here because we are playing Fifa, Call of duty, The Sims, Or mobile games which are the biggest sellers every year?

It ain’t about just sales, because everyone and their mothers will play a nintendo game for like 20 minutes. It’s like movies, shyt like fast and the furious will make a billion dollars but that don’t mean it’s an actual quality movie. It’s just a mindless popcorn movie you watch once or have on FX when you’re cleaning the house. it’s not something people will talk about in any serious way. It’s just something that appeals to the widest demographic of people which inherently means it’s relatively shallow.

PlayStation is like Oscar and Emmy level games, nintendo is like peoples choice awards/VMA’s.

Yep. I even own a good half of the games on both lists, yet the true tale of the tape is how much I've actually played them and what I'd rate them upon finishing. There's about 5 games on the Nintendo list that I feel like I just HAD TO play and couldn't live without ever playing. It's easily double that on the Sony side, if not tripled. Cats wanna chest thump Nintendo's sales, but put their hands in their pockets and look up in the sky when those game of the year lists drop.

Another indicator is where the devs decisions be at. Even the low-key games on Playstation, that could actually run on Nintendo, just ain't even there. Persona 5 Royal and 13 Sentinels, for example, among the best games that came out last year and could most likely run okay-ish on the Switch, but ain't even there.

Daps

There’s nothing shallow about Nintendo’s heavy hitters.

If anything that VMA /people’s choice fast and furious description applies to GTA and COD mario kart Pokemon and animal crossing are Nintendo’s versions.

Mario Odyssey/Galaxy 1 & 2 /Metroid Prime Trilogy and Breath of the Wild are Oscar calibur.

Last edited: