Why doesn’t Nintendo get shyt for not having backwards compatibility?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
What so different about smash ultimate? I knew they updated some textures but to me it looks like esssentially the same game that they’ve just been slowly releasing more dlc for. It’s not a sequel to the wii-u version.
The entire engine is completely different for starters. Numerous characters have been reworked.
Smash 4 was much much slower.
Smash 4 looks so bad in comparison.

Daps
Nintendo is essentially a legacy act. An og.

The hot acts that garner more attention in today's gaming culture is Microsoft & Sony.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
shyt nintendo barely has current compatibility...the switch has probably been their best effort to get 3rd party games on their system so they can be forgiven for not having BC...plus technically they do have it to an extent...you just gotta pay $20/yr for their online service to access it
not paying to just play old zelda and mario games

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i seen nentendo was mad @ emulator sites and getting them shut down
and people was like just relese your back catalog to be able to play on switch and theyw as like nah
lmao

they jsut wanna put out mario zelda and pokemon games

Nintendo won’t even allow fans to fix their old games and they won’t fix them either. I saw someone update mario 64 with new camera, framerate, and textures and nintendo shut that shyt down just so they could copy and paste the 64 version (even though theres a better ds version) and sell it full price lol

Everytime i see someone doing some cool fan made shyt with a nintendo property i just think “it was nice to dream”

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The Wii U and switch really aren’t that different. All the big games on the switch were on the Wii-u and the switch also has a shyt 3rd party line up, but thats kind of been Nintendo’s MO since the wii.

The only reason the drought hasn’t been bad is because people keep buying the wii-u games lol

ahxgxj8.jpg
Who cares if wiiu games are ported to the switch, nobody bought that shyt so these are new games to the vast majority of people.

And smash ultimate isn't a port, the game has an entirely new game engine and the mechanics are different. If that's a port because they have similar art styles then street fighter 5 is a port of street fighter 4.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Nintendo is essentially a legacy act. An og.

The hot acts that garner more attention in today's gaming culture is Microsoft & Sony.

But PlayStation is practically DEAD in Japan. :dwillhuh:

Sony had to turn to a slightly more efficient M$ and dedicate all of their products to be successful in America and in Europe. Hell, they relocated their main Playstation headquartyers to Cali.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
random but the DS5 has made me loath my pro controller
How come? The Pro Controller is great imo. Just not as good as the Dualsense. It is mostly because my favorite controller style is the SNES.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How come? The Pro Controller is great imo. Just not as good as the Dualsense. It is mostly because my favorite controller style is the SNES.

idk cuz I used to jump back and forth between the elite controller and the pro with no issues but after using the DS5, I tried playing a couple games on the switch and that shyt felt horrible in my hands smh

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Simple answer is Nintendo does what Nintendo does.

The problem in gaming in general is that consumers talk alotta shyt about anti consumer practices, yet never putting their money where their mouth is. Nintendo has been in the game for 40+ years and has been anti consumer. Don't believe me?

NES era tied third parties into exclusive development contracts. Other

SNES era, no backwards compatibility. You could with a MegaDrive

N64 era made developers still use expensive cartridges in the CD age. Made costs extremely high for customers.

GameCube era proprietary disks kept costs high for consumers.

WiiU cost more than a PS4 or Xbox One. So did the games.

Switch. Has ports of WiiU games. Charges full price for old games. On SD cards.