Why does Donald Glover sometimes get heat for being with a white woman, but Jordan Peele doesnt?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Jordan Peele is biracial. His mother is white and his black father unfortunately abandoned him when he was like 3. He didn’t even have any idea his father passed away until like 5 years after he died. He was raised in a majority white environment surrounded by majority white family and friends.

Donald Glover grew up in a two parent BLACK household in Stone Mountain, Ga. Donald has often spoken about the racism he received from whites both growing up and when he entered the entertainment industry. He literally is quoted as saying that half his career trajectory came from making white people comfortable with him.

That level of awareness of the savagery of white supremacy bleeds through in almost every episode of Atlanta, which he created, wrote, and directed. For someone as attuned to the culture of American blackness, its history, as well as white people’s position in denigrating, exploiting, and brutalizing it; it is nothing but understandable that some would look at Donald Glover funny or be outright disappointed that he would choose a white partner given how much he’s dedicated his career to exposing ignorance, hatred, and revulsion of blackness.

Of the new generation of quote unquote “Woke” auteurs who have experienced major levels of success, the only one who really walked the walk when it comes to choosing a black partner to marry is Issa Rae. Even Jerrod Carmichael, who is gay, has publicly stated he prefers dating white men and gets angry when called out on it.

I think both Peele and especially Donald are creative geniuses. Donald Glover is hands down the BEST writer, regardless of race, working today.

But a spade is a spade

Donald Glover situation, unfortunately, is being called a "lame" because he didn't conform his image into the rigid superficial culture that too many black folk adjusted to. Even down to his hairline and the way he speaks, he was looked over because it lacked swag.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
It's Human nature to not really give a fukk about other people that's not you.

Obama wrote like 3 autobiographies for some reason he was dealing with the daughter of some investment banker and he alluded to her pops hooking him up with a job and he randomly bushed her. He ended up marrying a garbageman's daughter.

Something happened to make him put on that Kufi just like something happened to Peele to make him focus his movies on the Black experience.

His movies sell off but think of how hard it was to get funding for a Movie like Get Out You think white people want to watch some shyt like that? Where they freely admit that Black people are genetically superior?

Jordan must of gotten his ass beat by the cops or something to make him move like he does.
I don't know about ass whipping but I bet he has stories. :pachaha:

As far as funding it might have been difficult due to storyline but folks forget him and Key paid crazy dues. It might not have been as hard as we think. Also attitudes about black films had been shifting in a major way for quite some time since the mid 90s. It's been subtle. He also had a lot of white people in his corner rocking with him. Yeah yeah that's c00n talk to folks on here, right? But connections are connections and they make the difference. I know not all my connects are black. Sue me. :ahh:

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
That’s part of it. What black women don’t realize is that, the higher up the hierarchy of life/status you go, the whiter these rooms get. Black women aren’t in these spaces, or are in extreme minority. One thing white women don’t have, is ego , when going after the man they want. A white woman will throw themselves at the person of means that they want and they’ve been taught to do so. Black women still think they are the prize and need to be chased.

So the question becomes, as a successful, on my shyt, black man, should I chase black women or just choose from the white women that are throwing themselves at me.?
I do hope you find a nice white woman for yourself and that her family loves you just as much, but I don’t want to hear anything about you facing racism or being called an N-word by white folks. Especially don’t want to hear how your entire bloodline will eventually turn white. That’s the community you choose to embrace, take it as it.

That goes for black women too, I don’t want to see your stupid trauma dumping tik tok about how your boyfriend didn’t defend you in front of his racist family or that you go into argument and he called you the N-word.

Putting white people on pedestal is the dumbest and most inferior activity you can do.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I wanted to disagree and say that a nikka who wants some ass will go to where the ass is. But the problem is that Black women especially those in the west just don't feel they need to compete for a Black Man. Jordan Peele ain't handsome gang. Homeboy went to decent schools chances are he would've ended being a lawyer at least.

nikkas know their worth and they low key expect to be sweatted to a certain extent by chicks even on the come up.

Sad to,say, thats true. A lot of Black women hate to compete against other women, and some brehs are just lazy and are :manny: when a non black woman throws him some puss his way.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Black people will come at certain celebrities for dating out as if they're infringing on some kind of intrinsically understood code, but then don't have the same standards for the the degenerate c00ns who are negatively impacting the community.

:camby:

One antagonized black women, the other didn’t that’s all it boils down to.

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Honestly. Before this thread i didn’t know either was with a wire woman and i never heard talk about this

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
What about Michael B jordan?

Different situation entirely. How them hoes was reacting was the same way losers and sissies here react when a chick from our side dates a cac. Only difference is that vocal minority holds a breh feet to the fire while lames here decdied to become c00ns and eunuchs

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
I lost respect for him in that interview

Glover also said in some interview that he used to care about racism from cacs but surrendered on the issue (which is actually similar to most Black people) and now he focuses on success in white spaces by being a racial accommodationist.

This is in contrast to Brian Tyree Henry who he snitched on by saying that he hated white led racism in a conversation they had.

Last edited:

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
Peele respects his mother, and donald doesnt. :ufdup:

But seriously tho it dont matter, cause those crying dont keep the same energy when it comes to bw dating out.

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Sad to,say, thats true. A lot of Black women hate to compete against other women, and some brehs are just lazy and are :manny: when a non black woman throws him some puss his way.
All Men accept an ally oop of easy p*ssy.

I was reading a book I don't remember if it was about "The First" Black NYPD officer but I know it mentioned something about Lena Horne's Boule ass relatives around the turn of the century.

Anyway the Breh was a classic big Black Man from the south and some chick said that he was being sweatted hard Because there wasn't many Black Men in Manhattan in 1903 That's the thing people looked at Brittany Renner for going after PJ in Kentucky but that's how white women move.

Black women need to keep the same energy for nikka nerds in premed programs not waiting for him after he gets put on and being upset that a cacette scooped him up.