Why does Donald Glover sometimes get heat for being with a white woman, but Jordan Peele doesnt?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Donald put the heat on myself when he did those interviews about black women not liking him cause he corny.
Exactly that Nyah Nyah Nyah You didn't like me when I was broke whinefest is both corny and tired. Like his current bytch would be with him if he didn't have the bag.

Granted Black women and hard on Black dude cornballs and are low key blind on how to pick the right dude on a come up (if he's Black) but on the other hand Ye called it When he get on he'll you ass for a white girl.

Besides it sounds goofy to be worried about the chick who dissed you in the 3rd grade while being "happily"married to another chick.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I'm glad this thread spoke on background and how folks grow up having an effect on partners. This subject is usually dismissed on here without thought. Tlr showing a great deal of maturity for once.

How you grow up affects your choices in life. You are human before you are black.
Barrack Obama grew up similarly and alluded to having a nikka wake up call. I wonder what was Jordan's? I mean Get Out could be autobiographical based on his background.

But they say that chidren are attracted to the parent of the opposite sex the most so if his momma was white then him having a hammering for flat hams is understandable.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
*Donald has 2 Black parents. Jordan is biracial (with a White mom).

*Donald Glover has said some weird/c00n stuff.

Just to fact check - Donald Glover's partner is half Asian, so she's not a White woman.

Dark Knyght

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
If you have a white mother, it’s nothing out of the ordinary to choose a white wife. There is nothing wrong with that
That’s part of it. What black women don’t realize is that, the higher up the hierarchy of life/status you go, the whiter these rooms get. Black women aren’t in these spaces, or are in extreme minority. One thing white women don’t have, is ego , when going after the man they want. A white woman will throw themselves at the person of means that they want and they’ve been taught to do so. Black women still think they are the prize and need to be chased.

So the question becomes, as a successful, on my shyt, black man, should I chase black women or just choose from the white women that are throwing themselves at me.?

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Jordan Peele is biracial. His mother is white and his black father unfortunately abandoned him when he was like 3. He didn’t even have any idea his father passed away until like 5 years after he died. He was raised in a majority white environment surrounded by majority white family and friends.

Donald Glover grew up in a two parent BLACK household in Stone Mountain, Ga. Donald has often spoken about the racism he received from whites both growing up and when he entered the entertainment industry. He literally is quoted as saying that half his career trajectory came from making white people comfortable with him.

That level of awareness of the savagery of white supremacy bleeds through in almost every episode of Atlanta, which he created, wrote, and directed. For someone as attuned to the culture of American blackness, its history, as well as white people’s position in denigrating, exploiting, and brutalizing it; it is nothing but understandable that some would look at Donald Glover funny or be outright disappointed that he would choose a white partner given how much he’s dedicated his career to exposing ignorance, hatred, and revulsion of blackness.

Of the new generation of quote unquote “Woke” auteurs who have experienced major levels of success, the only one who really walked the walk when it comes to choosing a black partner to marry is Issa Rae. Even Jerrod Carmichael, who is gay, has publicly stated he prefers dating white men and gets angry when called out on it.

I think both Peele and especially Donald are creative geniuses. Donald Glover is hands down the BEST writer, regardless of race, working today.

But a spade is a spade
That’s all folks ^^^ nothing left to be said

Daps
To preface, I don't think it's really worth trying to dikk police anyone. It's their personal lives, and most people IRL won't give a damn. But this the type of shyt that gets brought up online so :manny:

These two are both in similar lanes where they're obviously worried about bringing attention to black issues and are very popular in entertainment. I just don't get why Glover sometimes gets criticized for his choice of partner while I've never seen it done to Peele.

788de7f8aafdec92ed64f0f422f83f29.jpg

jordan-peele-chelsea-peretti.jpg
Jordan's momma is white.

He can bring her home and she can use his mommas comb. Plus I don't think he's ever said anything weird about sistas.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
That’s part of it. What black women don’t realize is that, the higher up the hierarchy of life/status you go, the whiter these rooms get. Black women aren’t in these spaces, or are in extreme minority. One thing white women don’t have, is ego , when going after the man they want. A white woman will throw themselves at the person of means that they want and they’ve been taught to do so. Black women still think they are the prize and need to be chased.

So the question becomes, as a successful, on my shyt, black man, should I chase black women or just choose from the white women that are throwing themselves at me.?
I hope you find a black woman, but your point is def valid. A lot of truth to it. Everybody deserves to be happy end of day .

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Barrack Obama grew up similarly and alluded to having a nikka wake up call. I wonder what was Jordan's? I mean Get Out could be autobiographical based on his background.

But they say that chidren are attracted to the parent of the opposite sex the most so if his momma was white then him having a hammering for flat hams is understandable.
Get Out was Peele's homage to old school horror films. You could tell he is an enormous fan of them. I also have no doubt he faced a ton of racism growing up even if he doesn't speak on it as much and that made its way into the storyline but it served as a backdrop. A foundation for a story about a creepy family of literal body snatchers.

We literally have zero clue what he went through growing up but folks wanna put him in a box anyway. That's human nature. But it's flawed.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Get Out was Peele's homage to old school horror films. You could tell he is an enormous fan of them. I also have no doubt he faced a ton of racism growing up even if he doesn't speak on it as much and that made its way into the storyline but it served as a backdrop. A foundation for a story about a creepy family of literal body snatchers.

We literally have zero clue what he went through growing up but folks wanna put him in a box anyway. That's human nature. But it's flawed.
It's Human nature to not really give a fukk about other people that's not you.

Obama wrote like 3 autobiographies for some reason he was dealing with the daughter of some investment banker and he alluded to her pops hooking him up with a job and he randomly bushed her. He ended up marrying a garbageman's daughter.

Something happened to make him put on that Kufi just like something happened to Peele to make him focus his movies on the Black experience.

His movies sell off but think of how hard it was to get funding for a Movie like Get Out You think white people want to watch some shyt like that? Where they freely admit that Black people are genetically superior?

Jordan must of gotten his ass beat by the cops or something to make him move like he does.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

I wanted to disagree and say that a nikka who wants some ass will go to where the ass is. But the problem is that Black women especially those in the west just don't feel they need to compete for a Black Man. Jordan Peele ain't handsome gang. Homeboy went to decent schools chances are he would've ended being a lawyer at least.

nikkas know their worth and they low key expect to be sweatted to a certain extent by chicks even on the come up.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it seems like a defense mechanism.

i've noticed it generally comes up when he says something in an interview or does something in one of his songs/shows that black women see as some kind of attack on them.

then immediately people bringing up he with a white woman like clockwork

it is what it is, i don't really care who dates who personally :manny:

could also be pure jealousy. they been hitting Michael B Jordan with that shyt even when he wasn't dating white women. bitter people gonna be bitter.