Why does Donald Glover sometimes get heat for being with a white woman, but Jordan Peele doesnt?

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
For someone as attuned to the culture of American blackness, its history, as well as white people’s position in denigrating, exploiting, and brutalizing it; it is nothing but understandable that some would look at Donald Glover funny or be outright disappointed that he would choose a white partner given how much he’s dedicated his career to exposing ignorance, hatred, and revulsion of blackness
This right here is what gets me, I have a bias that if you do all this and hilariously have a white partner at the end, I have no interest in listening to what you have to say concerning race.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Donald Glover spends every waking moment openly commenting on race relations especially romantic ones. Peele is more behind the scenes and romance takes a backseat in his movies. You cant be writing and starring in those type of shows without someone eventually checking credentials. Its like Laurence from Insecure. They keep mentioning his white wife cause he was literally the first love interest on a majority black show. This man Glover did a cameo in an all white HBO show called Girls as a stand in for a black lover. Smfh.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Because Peele makes content that features black people, Glover makes actual black content.

When you make black content people that disagree with your takes (inevitable because there isn’t a single thing on this planet that everyone agrees on) will look for some way to discredit your take or find out why they disagree with you. Having a white spouse gives them an easy out to say why you are out of touch or wrong without actually discussing the content.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
If you have a white mother, it’s nothing out of the ordinary to choose a white wife. There is nothing wrong with that

Because why?

d80950e2-28ac-41fe-915b-a487df8cdb27_text.gif

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Many people probably don’t even know his wife is white. I found out from this thread. For a minute no one knew about Glovers white wife until he did that interview and photos surfaced of him and her pushing strollers and shyt.
Also Peele is way more low key, no pics of him at the met gala wearing bell bottoms going viral sparking conversation about him