Why do people get so offended and sent into a frenzy when you say you can tell the difference between ADOS/FBA and Africans based off of looks?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Most of us Igbo relatives were taken to Virginia and Jamaica , can't talk for the rest of America or other Islands
My wife’s dad is from St Simon Island in Georgia, right across from Igbo Landing.

You cant tell me that Igbos and Black Americans arent related

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Because full stop it's troubling to hear SOME African American people use white supremacist talking points against other Black people. It is never done in a complimentary way it is always insulting and it's even weirder to use our proximity to whiteness and others as a flex. To make it sound like it's a good faith conversation is disingenuous. Africans are the most diverse people on earth. There is no set of African looks.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
My wife’s dad is from St Simon Island in Georgia, right across from Igbo Landing.

You cant tell me that Igbos and Black Americans arent related

I'm Igbo and I'm pretty sure they may well be.
Igbo are an easy target in Africa tho. I have actual albinos in my family and we all have freckles.

Sidenote

This thread reminded me of a day out at the British Museum

I just came from the Egypt exhibition and a group of old white ladies came in the lift (elevator) saying the Pharaohs were so amazing
I smiled at one of them and she said 'omg they look just like you'

I had my hair wrapped up.

I sure do hope more white people think I look like an African Queen when reparations come because I don't want just a check, my family want gold, diamonds, emeralds, rubies, land and all the other good stuff that's been stolen from the continent for 1000's of years.

NYC Rebel

Daps
The Black Americans I do see that travel to Nigeria be shocked :dahell:at the similarities.

shyt is wild .

My old HS principal looks like my DADS TWIN.
mickens-190.jpg

NYC Rebel

Daps
I'm Igbo and I'm pretty sure they may well be.
Igbo are an easy target in Africa tho. I have actual albinos in my family and we all have freckles.

Sidenote

This thread reminded me of a day out at the British Museum

I just came from the Egypt exhibition and a group of old white ladies came in the lift (elevator) saying the Pharaohs were so amazing
I smiled at one of them and she said 'omg they look just like you'

I had my hair wrapped up.

I sure do hope more white people think I look like an African Queen when reparations come because I don't want just a check, my family want gold, diamonds, emeralds, rubies, land and all the other good stuff that's been stolen from the continent for 1000's of years.
Igbo women :noah:

It’s wild to me. Anytime I’m in Nigeria and I say Im Yoruba, People tell me “ah ah! You look like you are from River state.” :childplease:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm African and I can tell too.:manny:
I can tell as well. I'm not going to front like no one can tell.

Especially if they're born and raised in africa.

But even then if you go to Africa right now, especially an urbanized region in west africa, there are plenty of people who really wouldn't stand out if you were to put them in Atlanta or Florida or south Carolina. :yeshrug:

Now They might stand out at an AKA + Kappa shindig, or a Jack&Jill meet up though :mjpls:

KamikazePilot

Superstar
Daps
Not really

Its actually more offensive when a good looking person is told 'wow u don't look African'

Like fool wtf does African look like/mean to you?
It can't be admixture because as mentioned in this thread, Africans have been mixing amongst eachother and non Africans for thousands of years, not just hundreds

There’s so many different African looks but you can tell when someone isn’t a Black American and that there African and I don’t mean in a All Africans looks the same type of way but that there not a Black American

I’ve met A lot of Africans living in the DMV you call definitely tell them apart even from the different regions they’re from this should not be a controversial opinion.

The only reason this is a topic is because African insecurities interpreting saying Black Americans look different as saying we look better when that’s not what It means at all.

Obviously certain West and Central Africans can pass but there are things like strong cheekbones that will give it away

NYC Rebel

Daps
Africans do the same thing to me too. There is a restaurant called Iya Ibadan in NJ. I walk in wanting some Efo and I had to convince the person behind the counter that I didn’t need their help and my family is Nigerian. Maybe because I have a massive beard but I had to show them my uncle’s destroyed house from that blast in Ibadan last December before they were convinced. I don’t speak the language, but still… Black Americans do look like Nigerians often.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
All this because we don't look the same? That's wild. So if we do all look the same, what does it mean? What do we win?

Do all Asians and Latinos look the same? Do Ethiopians look like Moroccans? This push to Black Americans/ African Americans a melting pot ethnicity is disgusting and disrespectful. Folks just want to be clones so they can speak on and for us.

:salute:

shyts crazy … as an old head - these Africans wanted no parts of us back inna dayz

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
There’s so many different African looks but you can tell when someone isn’t a Black American and that there African and I don’t mean in a All Africans looks the same type of way but that there not a Black American

I’ve met A lot of Africans living in the DMV you call definitely tell them apart even from the different regions they’re from this should not be a controversial opinion.

The only reason this is a topic is because African insecurities interpreting me saying Black Americans look different as saying we look better when that’s no what I mean at all.

It's not about insecurities
Africans are probably tired of the disrespect because for a long time Africa had connotations with starvation, poverty and disease. People are not trying to distance themselves from looking African, they are changing the Narrative of what an African 'looks like'.

Nipsey Hussel has strong Eritrean features and people were surprised when they found out he is African, him and Sam look just like their father and less of their American mother
And a lot of us Africans are mixed, inter tribal, inter national and inter racial.