Why do people get so offended and sent into a frenzy when you say you can tell the difference between ADOS/FBA and Africans based off of looks?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
lol point is flying over your head man. Culturally Haitian are more culturally African than the rest of descendants of slaves in the Americas. A Haitian that moves to U.S at 42 will not pass for African-American. I can guarantee you that but these two Haitians can because they grew up in America.
OP means their features though. But I see what you're saying.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Some do some don't, the statement is too broad because not all Africans look the same even within the same ethnic group. I think if the comparison is Africans who have grown up all their life in Africa, in comparisons to ones that have grown up in western world countries it gets harder to tell.. Did you know Idris Elba was African straight off the bat when you first watched the wire?
Idris is an actor. I need a better example. Also, why are Black Americans always the comparison? It seems like people don't like that we know who our people are.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I'm fully American, but I'm darkskin with very African features. I get mistaken for everything but American lol.

Yeah "featurism" is definitely a thing. It's honestly worse than colorism in my opinion.
Exactly. Featurism is VERY much a thing.

African Diasporians look like continental Africans.

The only ones that think that’s not true are the ones that haven’t been around Central and West Africans (where we descent from.)

Earlier this year there was a whole thread of African American celebrities and their African lookalikes already affirming that fact.

Slow nikkas in here immediately talkin bout
“so you sayin we can’t tell the difference between Ethiopians and us?”

Only showing they can’t be taken serious not even understanding basic historical context, since Ethiopians are East Africans,
while we descent from Central and West Africa.

Last edited:

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Idris is an actor. I need a better example. Also, why are Black Americans always the comparison? It seems like people don't like that we know who our people are.
What other examples am i supposed to give you other than someone we could both know lol?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
theres a cat in rural alabama that looks like dude just with flannels. I think it has more to do with some of these cats celebrating they have euro blood but :russ:

I mean..

That's the difference.

Most ADOS are actually part European and part Native.

Fun fact. Pure Africans are the only people with zero Neanderthal DNA.

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
This is silly on a physical level you really can’t differentiate most black Americans from Africans, especially west Africans that made up the bulk of human trafficking during slavery. What can really give it away is moreso clothing and mannerisms like with breh in the OP. I’m ADOS from Louisiana and have been mistaken for Kenyan and Nigerian. My wife is ADOS from North Carolina and has been mistaken for Ethiopian often (we live in the DMV IYKYK).

With that being said the focus should be on trying to pass an obvious immigrant off who I’m sure could easily tell you he’s whatever “Hyphenated African Country-American” because he knows exactly what his cultural and genetic lineage is as “Black” American. That shyt is disingenuous when done on any level, especially when coupled with the tendency to get extremely particular regarding your lineage when beneficial.

Daps
Why would you compare Asians and Latinos or Ethiopians and Morrocans? The comparison doesn't make sense because these groups aren't genetically linked, Asians and Latinos(Native Americans) be actually but that would be 30, 40 000 years removed, not 400.
Because he's a dumb cac, you should put that tweaker on ignore.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
You can tell more often than not, especially outside of the south. Their features/bone structure are just stronger than ours on average. IMO this is true even for darkskin ADOS people.

Black hairdressers are getting dragged on tictok right now for pointing out that 4c hair is not the tightest coil pattern; Africans have stronger hair too.

The people who have a problem with this are the same ones trying to erase the "brown skin" category and redefine lightskin as biracial/white passing IMO.

It's silly that this is a thing tho

Last edited: