Why do dark skin people get a pass for dividing black people?

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Act like lightskin women weren't sold as sex slaves and repeatedly raped by White men all over the country...

Act like lightskin men weren't sold as slaves by their own fathers after their mothers were raped....

Act like Colin Kapernick ain't being called a ****** 24/7 and even shytted on by his momma

Act like a fukking paper bag test meant lightskin Black people were just on cloud 9 until a Wesley Snipes became movie star.

COLORISM did not start nor end with slavery. But to sit and act like socially the world has not and does not place a premium on lighter skin, is garbage. I don't pretend like black people collectively haven't been treated like garbage, but still in this day and age hear people (idiots) claim how a person must be "mixed" and oftimes, more attractive because they're lighter. (or how dark sin makes women look masculine)

I don't give an eighth of a shyt about someone's preference, but you also can't get mad if someone then says they just flat-out prefer white/Latina/other races either.

Why you think Asians are so weird about being in the sun?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Dark skin and mono-racial Black people are the majority...

Why would any majority give two fukks about something as small as a skin-tone preference....

That just screams insecurity.
Because in the system of white supremacy white is pushed as right so naturally dark skin which is the furthest away from white would be looked down upon by those in power who enforce their views on the populace. So to go against that people can say they prefer dark skin. Letting it be said can also be a form of protesting colorism and saying you prefer light skin just promotes what white supremacy is trying to enforce.

Im wondering if people in this thread is being purposely obtuse or not cuz if not Im concerned.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Comes from slavery. It was used as a tool to divide us that is still working to this day apparently. Its very telling that people directly from Africa don't have this issue

East Africans shyt on each other all the time over differences in appearance.

I never read book about slavery and lightskin people were just chillin and having an easier time.

I think lightskin vs. darkskin, house slave vs field slaves...(when there really wasn't such a thing...slaves did all types of shyt, from blacksmithing to shipbuilding to cobbling to preaching to carpentry ...they didn't just work in a field and in a house) is a cultural myth that needs to die...

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I got called Biggie Smalls...

Then my skin got a little lighter and now people think I am Ethiopian or Dominican...

I don't hate on people for skin color though...shyt stupid petty.

My sister and my mom though don't like lightskin people though
why?

Athenna

Daddy's Little Girl
Daps
I mean lighter people get better treatments than darker ones..

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
East Africans shyt on each other all the time over differences in appearance.

I never read book about slavery and lightskin people were just chillin and having an easier time.

I think lightskin vs. darkskin, house slave vs field slaves...(when there really wasn't such a thing...slaves did all types of shyt, from blacksmithing to shipbuilding to cobbling to preaching to carpentry ...they didn't just work in a field and in a house) is a cultural myth that needs to die...
There is some truth to it. But many times if the light skinned slaves were being treated slightly better it was becuz they were the master's kids. Don't get it twisted tho there were many dark skinned slaves who c00ned their way to the top. At the end of the day tho they were all slaves and were all considered 3/5 of a man so its really splitting hairs. They divided and conquered us not only off complexion but also new African slaves vs. "American" slaves. And we all remember being kids and the African kids got made fun of. So much of our negative behavior can be traced right back to slavery and we feed right into it

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
COLORISM did not start nor end with slavery. But to sit and act like socially the world has not and does not place a premium on lighter skin, is garbage. I don't pretend like black people collectively haven't been treated like garbage, but still in this day and age hear people (idiots) claim how a person must be "mixed" and oftimes, more attractive because they're lighter. (or how dark sin makes women look masculine)

I don't give an eighth of a shyt about someone's preference, but you also can't get mad if someone then says they just flat-out prefer white/Latina/other races either.

Why you think Asians are so weird about being in the sun?

We are talking about Black people and colorism...

To think that lightskin Black have a better time in life lol because they are lightskin is fukking stupid and a cultural myth.

You straight up said lightskin Black people have it better than dark skin Black people due to a caste system and that's has never been historically true on any level whatsoever.

And having lighter skin isn't a premium all around...

There's a reason why White and Lightskin Black people tan? There's a reason why there's a phrase tall, dark and handsome. There's a reason why Black men are considered more attractive than Asian men.

Sure in parts of Asia lightskin is still preferred...but we talking about lightskin Black people being shytted on for being lightskin and somehow it's justified because some Darkskin people think Lightskin people have it better....

When it just proves lightskin Black people have to suffer for being Black amongst White people and suffer for being Black amongst Black people because some Darkskin Blacks thinks it's all cookies and cream for being waffle-colored.

Last edited:

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
All i have is love for these light skins

And they love my black ass byke :banderas:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
We are talking about Black people and colorism...

To think that lightskin Black have a better time in life lol because they are lightskin is fukking stupid and a cultural myth.

You straight up said lightskin Black people have it better than dark skin Black people due to a caste system and that's has never been historically true on any level whatsoever.

And having lighter skin isn't a premium all around...

There's a reason why White and Lightskin Black people tan? There's a reason why there's a phrase tall, dark and handsome. There's a reason why Black men are considered more attractive than Asian men.

Sure in parts of Asia lightskin is still preferred...but we talking about lightskin Black people being shytted on for being lightskin and somehow it's justified because some Darkskin people Lightskin people have it better....

When it just proves lightskin Black people have to suffer for being Black amongst White people and suffer for being Black amongst Black people because some Darkskin Blacks thinks it's all cookies and cream for being waffle-colored.

Putting words in my mouth. Bye, you clearly don't know what you're talking about and willfully ignoring basic realities. My comment about the caste system clearly referred to Indians, but it has and does apply in some way, shape or form to all people and ethnicities since the history of time. Keep playing dumb though. You type as though you've received personal slights for being whatever shade you are.

And we're not even going to get into respectability politics and how "our" people talk about hair, eye color, etc.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Because in the system of white supremacy white is pushed as right so naturally dark skin which is the furthest away from white would be looked down upon by those in power who enforce their views on the populace. So to go against that people can say they prefer dark skin. Letting it be said can also be a form of protesting colorism and saying you prefer light skin just promotes what white supremacy is trying to enforce.

Im wondering if people in this thread is being purposely obtuse or not cuz if not Im concerned.

So preferring darkskin Blacks...fighting White Supremacy

Downplaying Lightskin Blacks..fighting White Supremacy...

Preferring Lightskin Blacks...supporting White Supremacy...

What kind of logic is this breh...if it's Black it's Black.

Lightskin Blacks are supposed to just sit on the sidelines so Darkskin Black people can feel better about their Dark skin

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Where do people get the idea that lightskin Black people historically have had it easier than dark skin people...

Who started that?

It comes from slavery/Euro domination. Slavery had the difference of treatment between light skinned and darker skinned, and Euros brainwashed people everywhere into becoming the standard of beauty/advancement. To this day colorism is very big in the caribbean too, but I'll let brehs from that area speak on it. And yes that's why Africans bleach too, to get closer to that white standard of beauty. In Africa it goes even farther because to my understanding light-skinned women were more seeked out by Arab slave masters, so there too there was an unconscious link between light-skin and beauty/value.

Also it would be hypocritical to say that light-skinned people don't have it better IN GENERAL than dark-skinned brehs. Of course if a white person is racist it's gonna be the same, but as a light-skinned person myself (mixed) living in Europe I KNOW we have it better than darker-skinned brehs in general. Doesn't mean that we don't have racism issues at all though, just that on a scale of who has it worse we're slightly (or a lot, depends where) better off than darker-skinned brehs.

Interestingly enough, this colourism doesn't seem to exist towards Arabs at all, even though there too some are dark-skinned and other light-skinned. I don't know if it exists among them, but I know that they're all the same to outsiders.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
So preferring darkskin Blacks...fighting White Supremacy

Downplaying Lightskin Blacks..fighting White Supremacy...

Preferring Lightskin Blacks...supporting White Supremacy...

What kind of logic is this breh...if it's Black it's Black.

Lightskin Blacks are supposed to just sit on the sidelines so Darkskin Black people can feel better about their Dark skin
No to the enlarged. Do not put words in my mouth. I hate when people do that. There is no benefit to downplaying light skin black people.

Saying you prefer dark skin blacks is fighting white supremacy because you are saying fukk their standards. Saying you prefer light skin is going against that much needed movement.

Yes, you are supposed to acknowledge that you have perks for being light skin and white people push for your skin color over dark skin and sit back and let you dark skin brethren get the support they really need so we can balance it out.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Putting words in my mouth. Bye, you clearly don't know what you're talking about and willfully ignoring basic realities. My comment about the caste system clearly referred to Indians, but it has and does apply in some way, shape or form to all people and ethnicities since the history of time. Keep playing dumb though. You type as though you've received personal slights for being whatever shade you are.

We are talking about lightskin Blacks and you bring up paper bag test and caste system...

I refute that...

You talking about lighter skin being an all around premium...

I refute that...

Keep avoiding talking about Black people...this thread is about Black people...not fukking Asians and shyt...and stop trying to do an ad hominem.