Why do dark skin people get a pass for dividing black people?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I am not lightskin, I am like in the middle...

And I am not against supporting Darkskin Black people...

But we need to realize that majority of Black people in the Diaspora are not dark.

Brazillian Blacks...no matter what shade they are, get no support from the dominant society over there and they can look like Rashida Jones.

A lot ofAfro Latinos in Spanish speaking countries, aren't super dark.

To have this compensatory social system of punishing Black people that like lightskin by calling them names, for overhyping or overly supporting darkskin Black people and features and to act like lightskin Blacks ain't shyt...is just ridiculous.

Black is Black.
You are going into a whole different topic that I never brought up or even commented on.

This topic is about the white system that says that light skin is better than dark skin therefore dark skin needs our support and part of doing that is keeping your preference for light skin to yourself out of respect for the movement to support our dark skin brethren.

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
Lightskin black women>>>>>>every other type of bytch:stopitslime:
Post like these go on every damn day & nikkas complain bout everything here so what point are you making @BrothaZay

Using this thread in an attempt to shift the blame to darker skinned people is silly cause the problem has plagued us as a whole.

We aren't gonna get past colorism by pointing the fukking finger at a certain shade.. both are just as guilty and until both accept blame nothing will change.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
When the racist system is pushing for you light skin guys and we have our people mainly pushing for dark skin people then that makes things equal and protests the systems inequality until we get to a place where we are not oppressed by the system and wont have to do this and can let both colors be seen as equal.

Sounds like you refuse to realize that the white system is pushing for you guys lol.
I dont really see how that gives us free reign to uplift one over the other and :pacspit: at anyone saying they prefer lightskin.

yeah there is a heightened chance that preference for lightskin comes from social brainwashing. but you have to look at it on a case by case basis.

if your gonna say that its ok to say you prefer dark over lightskin your still practicing colorism. the AA phenotype covers a wide range in skintone. Saying its ok to lift one end of the spectrum over the other, no matter what the outside influences is still colorism.

Blackout

Daps
I dont really see how that gives us free reign to uplift one over the other and :pacspit: at anyone saying they prefer lightskin.

yeah there is a heightened chance that preference for lightskin comes from social brainwashing. but you have to look at it on a case by case basis.

if your gonna say that its ok to say you prefer dark over lightskin your still practicing colorism. the AA phenotype covers a wide range in skintone. Saying its ok to lift one end of the spectrum over the other, no matter what the outside influences is still colorism.
Then you dont understand tact or you are too much into your feelings to put it aside for the sake of pushing for some equality for someone else other than yourself.

The white system pushes for light skin. That a fact.

It would be tactfully beneficial to the equality movement to make sure our dark skin brethren get some equality by keeping your preference of light skin people to yourself.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Then you dont understand tact or you are too much into your feelings to put it aside for the sake of pushing for some equality for someone else other than yourself.

The white system pushes for light skin. That a fact.

It would be tactfully beneficial to the equality movement to make sure our dark skin brethren get some equality by keeping you preference of light skin people to yourself.
were not talking about the white community though.

what you just said is "your allowed to praise darkskin but your NOT allowed to praise lightskin" am I getting that right?

how is a purposeful onesided approach any better than a socially engineered one? how are you gonna tell someone they are not allowed to praise the looks of their own people? that just sounds silly and is divisive by nature.

Blackout

Daps
were not talking about the white community though.

what you just said is "your allowed to praise darkskin but your NOT allowed to praise lightskin" am I getting that right?

how is a purposeful onesided approach any better than a socially engineered one? how are you gonna tell someone they are not allowed to praise the looks of their own people? that just sounds silly and is divisive by nature.
To go hard against white supremacies standards then you must be quiet and let those voices that are against it be heard and do not drown it out with voices that go along with what it wants.

Thats basic tact.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Post like these go on every damn day & nikkas complain bout everything here so what point are you making @BrothaZay

Using this thread in an attempt to shift the blame to darker skinned people is silly cause the problem has plagued us as a whole.

We aren't gonna get past colorism by pointing the fukking finger at a certain shade.. both are just as guilty and until both accept blame nothing will change.
nikka I never said dark skin women are beautiful I just prefer redbones:yeshrug:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
To go hard against white supremacies standards then you must be quiet and let those voices that are against it be heard and do not drown it out with voices that go along with what it wants.

Thats basic tact.
I dont really get your thought process. regardless of white supremacy lightskin people are a part of our group. uplifting them is not a problem as long as its not at the expense of the darker toned. I dont really see how its unity focused to say you can't cite a preference for people who look like you. your letting white supremacy make you endorse colorism. I dont really get how you dont see that:merchant:

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
nikka I never said dark skin women are beautiful I just prefer redbones:yeshrug:
i have absolutely nothing wrong with what you said my g, I think everyone should have an opinion especially if it's regarding women. We like what we like.

My point was it was a pro light skin post in a thread attempting to say dark skins freely get away with colorism while light skins are the victims of such, however that's not the case. Both are aggressors and victims of an ideology created by white supremacy.

Blackout

Daps
I dont really get your thought process. regardless of white supremacy lightskin people are a part of our group. uplifting them is not a problem as long as its not at the expense of the darker toned. I dont really see how its unity focused to say you can't cite a preference for people who look like you. your letting white supremacy make you endorse colorism. I dont really get how you dont see that:merchant:
Thats the problem. You arent fully focused on going against white supremacy.

If we are gonna defeat it then there aint no half steppin.

There is no endorsing colorism by making sure the main message that white supremacy and younger dark skin kids growing up hears is that dark skin is preferred too and not just light skin.

Its called tact.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
i have absolutely nothing wrong with what you said my g, I think everyone should have an opinion especially if it's regarding women. We like what we like.

My point was it was a pro light skin post in a thread attempting to say dark skins freely get away with colorism while light skins are the victims of such, however that's not the case. Both are aggressors and victims of an ideology created by white supremacy.
I agree we should have our preferences but that don't mean we should shyt on one another for our skin color. At the end of the day we all africans so it don't matter

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Thats the problem. You arent fully focused on going against white supremacy.

If we gonna defeat it then there aint no half steppin.

There is no endorsing colorism by making sure the messages that white supremacy hears is that dark skin is preferred.

Its called tact.
so instead of lightskin being preferred you want darkskin preffered in it's place. NOT on equal footing?:jbhmm:

how is that not colorism?:pachaha:

Blackout

Daps
so instead of lightskin being preferred you want darkskin preffered in it's place. NOT on equal footing?:jbhmm:

how is that not colorism?:pachaha:
Nope I actually want equality unlike you.

Im saying to keep your preference of light skin to yourself until we arent in this current unequal environment anymore where right now as we speak light skin is pushed to be better than dark skin.