Why do Boxers/NFL/NBA players get so little respect for being great athletes

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember somebody jumpin' in after the guy threw a punch :russ: And no, for the record I also doubt 50 is gonna hit Floyd with a clean punch, IF he can hit him at all. I just don't think Floyd would cause so much damage that 50 to the hospital within 1 round, and b/c of that nikkaz is all crazy and sh*t :manny:

I hear what you are saying, I think it would depend on his strategy, If he went in the ring trying to knock out Floyd he would get Ricky Hattoned...but if his strategy was to be defensive and just cover up and not to be embarrassed because Floyd isnt a naturally aggressive fighter I think he would be ok

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
lol....... then school me, since you know so much

Nobody gives a fukk about a traditionally trained boxer..put one of those fukk bois in a real street fight and watch him get whopped..I'm used to fighting in the streets ..they're out thier element..I'll take any proffesional boxer on and knock him the fukk out..

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody gives a fukk about a traditionally trained boxer..put one of those fukk bois in a real street fight and watch him get whopped..I'm used to fighting in the streets ..they're out thier element..I'll take any proffesional boxer on and knock him the fukk out..

yeah...I guess a punching in the ring is different from punching in the street.... I guess a punch from Tyson that would take out most elite boxers outside of a ring a street cat would handle with ease....I guess Floyd who couldnt get hit by former world champion Victor Ortiz when he was less than half a foot away to the point where Ortiz got frustrated and tried to head butt him wouldnt be able to see your punches coming.....

Thanks for clearing that up

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
yeah...I guess a punching in the ring is different from punching in the street.... I guess a punch from Tyson that would take out most elite boxers outside of a ring a street cat would handle with ease....I guess Floyd who couldnt get hit by former world champion Victor Ortiz when he was less than half a foot away to the point where Ortiz got frustrated and tried to head butt him wouldnt be able to see your punches coming.....

Thanks for clearing that up

You obviously don't know shyt about street fighting..didnt kimbo hang with some professional boxer in the streets..I've seen pro boxers get whopped in the club..lol at thinking Tyson and mayweather have any chances in a real street fight..in the streets there are no rules..your lil mind is used to thinking mechanically about real life situations...it's not real life my dude,,it's a false fantasy.,

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You obviously don't know shyt about street fighting..didnt kimbo hang with some professional boxer in the streets..I've seen pro boxers get whopped in the club..lol at thinking Tyson and mayweather have any chances in a real street fight..in the streets there are no rules..your lil mind is used to thinking mechanically about real life situations...it's not real life my dude,,it's a false fantasy.,

wow.....you sound real dumb...

Kimbo is a trained fighter , not just any cat off the streets .... read up on Tysons history dummy, he was known for knocking dudes out in the street, just ask Mitch Green....

Another tough guy we get it..... Im sure you can knock everyone out that steps to you

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
wow.....you sound real dumb...

Kimbo is a trained fighter , not just any cat off the streets .... read up on Tysons history dummy, he was known for knocking dudes out in the street, just ask Mitch Green....

Another tough guy we get it..... Im sure you can knock everyone out that steps to you

Prob not in the ring..I'm not used to fighting with gloves..they limit my skills..but I'd knuckle up with Tyson or mayweather in the streets..it's gonna be a long hard fight since they have stamina..but my punches would over power them and leave their body battered and bruised like a garbage pail kid..

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
:rudy: You actin' like 50 gon' get in the ring, take one shot, and go to the hospital. Again, you nikkaz hype up these athletes too much. We are talking about a 50 lb muscle advantage. Unless 50's jaw is made of the same materials as Ace Hood's watch, he would be ok. F*ckin' Tyson got into street fights with citizens, and didn't knock 'em out, and somehow Floyd is going to send a 220 lb guy to the grave :heh:

Bruh, I don't think u understand what a trained and seasoned championship fighter is capable of man. I'm keepin 100 with u, I have a lot of homies that fight MMA. Many of them aren't even that big. I'm talkin on the average of 5'7- 5'10" 165-200 and I've seen with my own eyes them layin muthafukkaz out cold that have been considerably bigger than them.

Skilled fighters/boxers/grapplers etc are trained to do that shyt bruh. Kimbo slice stepped his ass into MMA and nikkaz smaller than him was givin him that work.

Floyd would damn near kill 50 in the ring 50 couldn't even hit Floyd. He's too quick

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
so much ignorance in a thread...

First off anyone can get knocked the fukk out, no such thing as a superman....

In saying that Mayweather would beat 50 within an inch of his life....

Ive said it before Ive been boxing for 22 years since I was a kid.... few basics for the uneducated

I can guarantee you that Floyd can hit the punch bag with probably twice as much power as 50 ....

weight is not the determining factor in how hard you punch although it is very important, technique is....If you throw a punch and your legs arent moving and your waist isnt twisting then you havent thrown it correctly....the power comes from your legs ... generally boxers have lean muscle mass, big biceps add more weight and make the punches heavier but the power in a punch comes from the legs and technique, conversely the bigger your muscles are the more it will affect your stamina and speed which is why old school boxing trainers prefer boxers not to train with weights too heavy...

Even If an amateur boxer is going to the gym twice a week hes throwing between 2000 - 3000 punches minimum ......how many punches you thrown in a year? really

As a boxer you see things untrained people cant, all the fights Ive seen on worldstar only two people looked decent, the security guard fighting the dread and the bus drivers upercut, other than that street guys cant fight...

I dont see people blocking punches, slipping punches, ducking, parrying....stance is wrong all off balance, chin up in the air,zero head movement, hands too low down...

only novices talk about "chins"... I would rather be hit in the face 10 times than take a hit to the body, a punch to the chin will knock you out but a punch to the body will leave you in devastating pain, do you know how hard it is too hit a trained fighter in the face?

boxers are taught always to be slightly out of range of their opponent and never square on, when you punch someone you are supposed to step in and step out before he can counter, with street cats you can do this all day till you get bored of hitting them

brolic street guys come into the gym all the time and even though you tell them they arent ready they want to spar, so we put them in with a 14 year old white kid and they get the brakes beat off of them, thats when they become humble and respect what we do..

A trained boxer is fast , very fast, a trained boxer knows when you are going to throw a punch before you do, a trained boxer knows which hand you are going to punch with, a trained boxer can set traps to make you throw a punch and when you do you will hit nothing but air and believe me you wont even see his punch coming you will just feel it

me personally Im a defensive fighter, Im a counter puncher, I more or less use the Philly shell defense so Im quite comfortable with having punches thrown at me

like I said at the beginning anyone can get knocked out no one is unbeatable, but anyone who thinks because they are big and have been in a few streetfights they can handle a trained fighter is deceiving themselves

you know your shyt....I really want to train...Any advice?

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Prob not in the ring..I'm not used to fighting with gloves..they limit my skills..but I'd knuckle up with Tyson or mayweather in the streets..it's gonna be a long hard fight since they have stamina..but my punches would over power them and leave their body battered and bruised like a garbage pail kid..
THIS nikka said he'd over power TYSON LMAO

tumblr_migtxkcZsm1r81fefo1_400.gif

NOW Imagine that type of blow without gloves fukkboy, you just might die :birdman:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
For the Record, Floyd and 50 cent got into a fight a while back like in 2008......50 was mad Floyd didn'tpay him for the WWE event where Floyd advertised 50 was going to be coming out with him so 50 stole him......50 said Floyd connected with a punch before wrestling with him and getting him under control. 50 said his ear was hurting for a whole day. 50 actually stole on him first. LOL Only way 50 stands a chance is if he wrestles him......otherwise Floyd is would tap dude up easy.

semtex

:)
Daps
Nah breh, you get caught and don't see it coming you're going to sleep, especially when one guy is a professional fighter and the other isn't.

50's chin has never been tested by someone like Mayweather, Floyd is 150lbs, but he's still a grown man. And you're putting too much stock in weight differences, David Haye almost knocked out Nikolay Valuev and there was almost a 100lbs + 1 foot difference between the two.
Also watch basically any Melvin Manhoef fight. Dude knocking 230-290 pound dudes unconscious at 187lbs