Why do Boxers/NFL/NBA players get so little respect for being great athletes

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
[
you know your shyt....I really want to train...Any advice?

start with lots and lots of cardio.... a lot of distance running and sprints.... at the beginning thats the most important thing because its physically draining ....learn how to skip and do lots of shadow boxing....generally boxers shadow box for 3 minutes with a minutes break......everything is done by the boxing clock.........buy some hand wraps and learn how to tie them.......... this is all stuff you can do without entering a gym.....

learn the correct boxing stance and how to correctly throw a jab, right cross, hook and uppercut....im pretty sure you can find tutorials online, this will save you lots of time when you actually do go to a gym

If you really want to learn how to box avoid boxercise classes they are useless just join a proper boxing gym

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Ive trained Brazillian Jiujitsu with cage fighters and tapped them out. Theres not a lot of mystique to athletes when you are one yourself. There are just levels and tiers of talent.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
mcnabb.gif

50 cent at his best physical peak was 6'0 and 170 lbs, which is 3 lbs heavier than what Victor ortiz was the night he fought Floyd Mayweather, and Victor Ortiz 167 lbs is a lot more muscle and endurance than 50 cent at 170 lbs

:heh: You cant even size up 50 cent and Floyd Mayweather right... thinking a 15 lb difference is 70 lbs :wtf: no need to take ANYTHING you EVER say seriously about sports again ever on this site

and being golden gloves dont mean shyt I know golden gloves people in the bay area who get knocked out during club and house parties all the fukking time I dont really think you fully understand what golden gloves really mean and you just a dikk riding idiot who dont know shyt about sports but got 100 50 cent posters posted on ya wall :snoop:

Prolly posted that post in a G Unit bra tank top :stopitslime:

@blackzeus says the stupidest shyt about boxing and manages to carry over his shytty opinions & posts into other sports...amazing...quite a feat

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don't know who Jerson Ravelo is, but most bouncers are fatazz bum nikkas who mostly intimidate nikkaz based on size. We are talking 50 more lbs of muscle. Sorry breh, not happening. 50 wouldn't win a fight, but to act like 50 is gonna step in the ring and end up in the hospital is :heh: status

of course you don't know who jerson ravelo is..you don't watch boxing :russ:...if you really watched boxing you'd know who that is...ignorant ass little nikka

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bruh, I don't think u understand what a trained and seasoned championship fighter is capable of man. I'm keepin 100 with u, I have a lot of homies that fight MMA. Many of them aren't even that big. I'm talkin on the average of 5'7- 5'10" 165-200 and I've seen with my own eyes them layin muthafukkaz out cold that have been considerably bigger than them.

Skilled fighters/boxers/grapplers etc are trained to do that shyt bruh. Kimbo slice stepped his ass into MMA and nikkaz smaller than him was givin him that work.

Floyd would damn near kill 50 in the ring 50 couldn't even hit Floyd. He's too quick

exactly....kimbo is your average non trained fighter..he washed out of MMA and is in boxing right now....flat out bums have been able to have him to the point of being KTFO before they remembered that they had to throw the fight :lolbron:

yo moms

drunk
Daps
I cant talk about that because its unethical to say you tap cage fighters. Its frowned upon in the fighting community. Im just a jiujitsu guy not a cage fighter and grapple sparring is not like, cage fighting.

Okay. :patrice:

semtex

:)
Daps
exactly....kimbo is your average non trained fighter..he washed out of MMA and is in boxing right now....flat out bums have been able to have him to the point of being KTFO before they remembered that they had to throw the fight :lolbron:
lol yeah I still don't understand why he came to MMA. All he did was shoot the hands with bums in retardville florida, so I don't know how he came to the conclusion that he could hang with even bottom-tier professionals in MMA. From a marketing standpoint it made sense though, to play the "Big scary negro"

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps

Floyd don't want it with 50

50cent @50cent
If they want to give me 5 million fool SKRT @SevenThirty93: @50cent you Box now?

50cent @50cent
I'll fight Him dec 14th is to soon. I would need time to get in shape. I'm 204 right now I hit that boy he will see a white light. SMS AUDIO

9:00 PM - 8 Nov 2012

:krs: It would be dope to see this sh*t play out in real life to shut up you dumbazzes. I was just sayin' he would be able to hang, but 50 takin' it further claimin' he'll knock Floyd out :ohhh: I mean it's 50 cent, so it should be quick work for Floyd, just another sparring session for $10M, why not? :manny: (:lolbron:)

supra12

Rookie
Daps
Floyd don't want it with 50

:krs: It would be dope to see this sh*t play out in real life to shut up you dumbazzes. I was just sayin' he would be able to hang, but 50 takin' it further claimin' he'll knock Floyd out :ohhh: I mean it's 50 cent, so it should be quick work for Floyd, just another sparring session for $10M, why not? :manny: (:lolbron:)

its just some random publicity stunt.

i repeat.. if you know anything about high level combat sports you would know how absurd some of youre comments are

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
fukk all that...you're a little nikka who doesn't know anything about boxing/fighting...trolls and stays stupid shyt about that but other sports as well

I feel the rage seepin' through my screen, go have a Klondike b :heh: I offered a fade to the other nikka and even offered him money everybody came out and sayin' I'm on some bullsh*t, so not even gonna respond to that. You're right, i'm a little nikka who's never fought, whatever :manny: Floyd would be a top 3 fighter in any era, I know it hurts you, but you gon' have to accept it. :manny: 90% of you nikkas never been in a life/death situation, so why even bother, you're right, I really don't wanna keep arguing about the same thing over and over. You're right, I'm wrong b :yeshrug: Anyway, that's off topic, let's back to on topic:

1) I respect pro athletes, again, how many nikkas is runnin' 10 miles after the club like Floyd? How many nikkas hittin' the gym at 3AM like Kobe? How many nikkas gon' go trail running across mountain ranges like Jerry Rice? A top athlete's work ethic is bar none, how can anybody not respect the mental fortitude it takes for that sh*t is beyond me

2) I puts no nikka on a pedestal. I guess that makes me ignorant :manny: I do understand why an obese family man worships an athlete, but your average nikka is not small, is not weak. Outside of this thread, I've never seen nikkaz put athletes on a pedestal like y'all. Athletes catch the fade like anyone else :manny: I know y'all saw that grandpa azz nikka takin' Jordan to the hole, nikkaz was like :ohhh: It ain't because he's a better athlete than Jordan, but he didn't put his ass on a pedestal. And he was an office type dude. Obviously, he would lose to Jordan 99.9% of the time, but still he went at him like a man. That's basically my point, deal with it, cry me a river, I still ain't changing my opinion :manny:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
LMAO

A rapper can hang with a top tier professional boxer for 3-4 rounds??....

50 would get beaten by most professional boxers let alone fukking Floyd Mayweather....

No gloves too???

Shiieeetttttttttttttttttttttttt (no Clay Davis)