Why do black folks look for reasons NOT to vote

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Its same reason some black folks look for reasons not to go to church (yea i said it)."Oh all pastors take $". Yet not realizing your tithe/contribution helps keep lights on and pays church workers. When it comes to voting people just dont understand that the elction doesnt matter i nterms of the President. The House of Representatives and Senate (Congress),Governor and local city councilmen can do way more damage to us in our everyday life then a President who is often a figurehead can.You only hurt yourself when you not care.If people woke up and realize the strength and power we have...alot of this stuff would have been avoided but once again nobody cares...

This you'd be surprised by how few votes some of these Congress/Senate members win by. This is why Obama ain't helping us, he's gridlocked by a shytty Senate/House.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Outside of picking up arms. Politics is the only way to get anything done in this country. Yes it's flawed, but the only way to change the game is to participate in it.

Yeah I know, you don't care and you don't want to fix it, yet your still here talking about it

Your approach is wrong though. If you don't agree with the rules of the game then why bother playing to begin with? Why not play a different game with a different set of rules? Why not create your own game with it's own set of rules?

If you're a professional basketball player and you don't agree with the rules of the NBA, then, why bother playing for the NBA? Why not play for a basketball league in Europe or South America?

Our country is beyond help since very few of us recognize the fundamental flaws with our political system, economy, society, education, etc. and can't do anything about it. But there's always the option to move to another country (an option that I'm seriously considering).

For example, there are other countries with a superior education system (i.e.: South Korea, Finland, etc.). There are countries with a superior healthcare system (i.e.: France, Switzerland, etc.). There are countries with a more effective political system like Switzerland -- which has more power to the states (called 'cantons').

The United States of America is an ailing empire and isn't 'number #1' in anything (besides military). This country is like the titanic -- some of us know it will sink eventually so we're trying to get off as soon as possible.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
This thread is really "why aren't you voting Democrat". If those people said they were voting Republican you would have a problem with it and most likely would encourage them not to vote. You aren't advocating the choice to vote. You are really saying "why aren't you voting for Obama".

I semi-agree. Your kind of generalizing b/c dude hasn't mentioned any political/racial affiliations that I know of. But if he black, your probably right about the whole thing

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
This you'd be surprised by how few votes some of these Congress/Senate members win by. This is why Obama ain't helping us, he's gridlocked by a shytty Senate/House.

Ive seen local elections won where the total vote was like 10k. People wont show up to vote in these shyts so the old white people always get what they want.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Your approach is wrong though. If you don't agree with the rules of the game then why bother playing to begin with? Why not play a different game with a different set of rules? Why not create your own game with it's own set of rules?

If you're a professional basketball player and you don't agree with the rules of the NBA, then, why bother playing for the NBA? Why not play for a basketball league in Europe or South America?

Our country is beyond help since very few of us recognize the fundamental flaws with our political system, economy, society, education, etc. and can't do anything about it. But there's always the option to move to another country (an option that I'm seriously considering).

For example, there are other countries with a superior education system (i.e.: South Korea, Finland, etc.). There are countries with a superior healthcare system (i.e.: France, Switzerland, etc.). There are countries with a more effective political system like Switzerland -- which has more power to the states (called 'cantons').

The United States of America is an ailing empire and isn't 'number #1' in anything (besides military). This country is like the titanic -- some of us know it will sink eventually so we're trying to get off as soon as possible.

Bruh you full of shyt. You can leave TODAY if you want. You just gonna sit in your comfortable home, complain, and not do a damn thing. Your idea of getting off the ship is typing on a keyboard. Its planes leaving every minute bruh, just cop a ticket.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
real shyt. and most people dont know what the fukkin politicians are talking about or their poilicies anyways, care or have time to take it in. why vote ignorantly. cause the nikka black?:aicmon:

Why remain ignorant? Instead of complaining about not understanding something why not take the time to do some research and gain some insight into the process?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Why remain ignorant? Instead of complaining about not understanding something why not take the time to do some research and gain some insight into the process?

i'm Canadian but as far as Prime Ministers go its the same. Seeing my dad watch this election shyt disgusts me. Hearing all his damn clapping. I asked why he likes Obama so much and he ignored the question :shaq2:.

But why? Because i wake up at 6 every day, go to work for 10 (with a workout in between) and end at 7. Arrive at home at 8:30. And want to play some Madden, and receive some titty mms messages before i sleep at 10:00-11:00. And wake up...and do it over again :aicmon:.

And during school I'd rather spend my time studying and networking then listening to some fukkboy politician so I can proactively set myself up for a better future. fukk relying on politics. :aicmon:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Bruh you full of shyt. You can leave TODAY if you want. You just gonna sit in your comfortable home, complain, and not do a damn thing. Your idea of getting off the ship is typing on a keyboard. Its planes leaving every minute bruh, just cop a ticket.

Right because I have the money to buy a house in Europe.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
they are lazy and ignorant of the way the political system really works

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Everywhere I look it's a new nikka wit a new reason he's not voting. It literally takes 5 minutes of your life, it's not dangerous, and it COULD benefit you. Why not take part in it?

People spend millions upon millions of dollars on elections but somehow you nikkas think it's not worth your five minutes.

:childplease:
where they do that at?