Why do black folks look for reasons NOT to vote

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
If you are not doing anything to improve your surroundings, then you don't have a logical reason to not vote. Either your trying to improve yourself or your not. I didn't say voting informs people. I said it is a good way to get them active and makes them want to inform themselves. You obviously don't know what your talking about because there are many ways to submit a protest vote. You said you want a none of the above option to show them you don't like anybody, well there are plenty of ways to do that now. Write a letter to your congressmen. Go protest outside of the voting locations.

What your doing is making excuses to stay misinformed and inactive.

it's not going to change, you retard. what don't you understand about that? you want me to try to reform a system by writing my local congressman when there are fools like you running around talking about "your vote matters" and "vote, use the system"?

i swear it's like you come up with any and every excuse to pump voting when their are reasons why you shouldn't. people could be say they don't like anyone they're voting for. then you'd say, pick the lesser of the two evils or do the write in option. how about just not vote? that seems like an option. oh no no no, you can't just "not vote"? you have to vote, regardless of how you feel.

what type of stupid shyt is that?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
My n1gga

isnt it up to the electoral college who wins?

Our votes havent mattered since this was implemented in the mid 60s

Voting goes beyond just voting for the president. And we elect the people in the electoral college who will vote for our candidate. The system is flawed and convoluted yes but it only takes you 5 minutes. You are not hurting yourself by participating

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Voting doesn't make a difference. Each president is pre-selected by a small group of elites who really run the country. All of you idiots are far too caught up in this false left-right paradigm. You don't think Obama and Romney have dinner together while laughing at the bullshyt on CNN/Fox?

Anyway, this is a 'free' country so do whatever the hell you want; either vote or don't vote. I don't understand why black people are obligated to vote democrat though. Even Nicki Minaj caught some backlash for endorsing Romney:

Nikki, You need to... | Facebook

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Again you are making excuses to stay misinformed and inactive. If you don't like the system FIX IT. you claim to have all these feelings about whats wrong with the system but when I give you ideas on how you can work around or fix those problems, you say "it's all fukked up so I'm just not gonna deal with it" you are the one that sounds stupid, and the worst part is you are proud of your stupidity.

even earlier, i said how i have no ties or no obligations or feelings of patriotism towards this country, yet you're still telling me "fix it". what are you, brain dead? then you make an excuse like "oh, even if you go to another country, it's still going to affect you".

you're so gunho blind about this whole thing it's pathetic. why would i want to even fix it when you've got people like you spouting this foolish rhetoric about voting? people that continue to use the flawed system and believe in it? i'd rather go somewhere with a better system.

and don't come at me with some bullshyt on how this place is the "best of the best" either...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
it's not going to change, you retard. what don't you understand about that? you want me to try to reform a system by writing my local congressman when there are fools like you running around talking about "your vote matters" and "vote, use the system"?

i swear it's like you come up with any and every excuse to pump voting when their are reasons why you shouldn't. people could be say they don't like anyone they're voting for. then you'd say, pick the lesser of the two evils or do the write in option. how about just not vote? that seems like an option. oh no no no, you can't just "not vote"? you have to vote, regardless of how you feel.

what type of stupid shyt is that?

I didn't say you can't just "not vote" I said if you decide not to vote you should be involved in other ways. Your excuse for not voting is that you don't like any of the candidates. Well go find a candidate that you do like.

Let me ask you this, how does not voting benefit you?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
even earlier, i said how i have no ties or no obligations or feelings of patriotism towards this country, yet you're still telling me "fix it". what are you, brain dead? then you make an excuse like "oh, even if you go to another country, it's still going to affect you".

you're so gunho blind about this whole thing it's pathetic. why would i want to even fix it when you've got people like you spouting this foolish rhetoric about voting? people that continue to use the flawed system and believe in it? i'd rather go somewhere with a better system.

and don't come at me with some bullshyt on how this place is the "best of the best" either...

So why are you even here talking about it. If you don't care leave

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave

Damn. I wish I could +rep you 100 times. That other guy is a fukking moron. He acknowledges that our voting system is flawed and fukked up (indirect democracy) and still urges people to vote. His logic is grossly flawed -- continued participation in a system designed to fail.

Even our economic system is designed to fail. We print money out of thin air and the national debt increases exponentially. Meanwhile all of these idiots adopt this hyper-patriotic attitude and blindly support suit-wearing idiots who worsen our problems.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Voting doesn't make a difference. Each president is pre-selected by a small group of elites who really run the country. All of you idiots are far too caught up in this false left-right paradigm. You don't think Obama and Romney have dinner together while laughing at the bullshyt on CNN/Fox?

Anyway, this is a 'free' country so do whatever the hell you want; either vote or don't vote. I don't understand why black people are obligated to vote democrat though. Even Nicki Minaj caught some backlash for endorsing Romney:

:snoop: more conspiracies huh. I thought niki minaj was part of the illuminati

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Damn. I wish I could +rep you 100 times. That other guy is a fukking moron. He acknowledges that our voting system is flawed and fukked up (indirect democracy) and still urges people to vote. His logic is grossly flawed -- continued participation in a system designed to fail.

Even our economic system is designed to fail. We print money out of thin air and the national debt increases exponentially. Meanwhile all of these idiots adopt this hyper-patriotic attitude and blindly support suit-wearing idiots who worsen our problems.

Outside of picking up arms. Politics is the only way to get anything done in this country. Yes it's flawed, but the only way to change the game is to participate in it.

Yeah I know, you don't care and you don't want to fix it, yet your still here talking about it

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa

I respect your right and Nicki Minaj is just a public casualty of the many black Americans who face slurs from Black Democrats as well as white liberals.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I didn't say you can't just "not vote" I said if you decide not to vote you should be involved in other ways. Your excuse for not voting is that you don't like any of the candidates. Well go find a candidate that you do like.

Let me ask you this, how does not voting benefit you?
You still vote because if a candidate comes up that you like in the future

my reasons for not voting are because the voting system is flawed (that was the very first thing i talked about), i feel like the candidates aren't really concerned nor do they fit my specifications, i don't like the system of government, nor do i feel like me voting or using any of the other options outside of voting will magically change this system into what i want either.

your reasonings and rhetoric don't even begin to address my feelings so it's best you don't try. even this tactic of continually trying to convince me to do something i don't want to do is an illustration of what's wrong with the politics and the viewpoint of americans in regards to elections and voting. you're trying to sell the idea that it's useful in my life when i've determined it isn't. and, given the fact that it's a system designed to express one's political belief, if i don't believe in the system, why would you continually try to get me to use it? i've already expressed my opinion by not voting. i don't want to participate in this system. that's my final word on it. stop telling me to "change it" or do something about it like write my local congressman. i don't agree with it so i make no expressions towards it, nor do i participate in it.

what's so crazy is you're so blind when it comes to accepting that answer, you continually try to get me to participate as if not participating isn't an option. you'd call me lazy however you feel like you've really done something when all you did was go to the polls and vote. a process that takes 5 minutes. but you feel as if your special because you did something so easy?

:rudy:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
A lot of people dont vote because they are ignorant on how government works. They vote once and think that because the president they wanted was elected that he can now fix everything. They dont bother to show up and vote for Congress, Senate, or local elections so they dont give their president any power to do anything.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Its same reason some black folks look for reasons not to go to church (yea i said it)."Oh all pastors take $". Yet not realizing your tithe/contribution helps keep lights on and pays church workers. When it comes to voting people just dont understand that the elction doesnt matter i nterms of the President. The House of Representatives and Senate (Congress),Governor and local city councilmen can do way more damage to us in our everyday life then a President who is often a figurehead can.You only hurt yourself when you not care.If people woke up and realize the strength and power we have...alot of this stuff would have been avoided but once again nobody cares...