Why do black folks look for reasons NOT to vote

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i mean, even the simple fact that you made a thread calling black people to vote already highlights a flaw in your thinking. you didn't make a thread informing people of the candidates, you told people you need to vote. not be informed, just vote. what type of logic is that? express yourself, in an uninformed manner?

you can talk about all the things you're implying when you say vote, but the only implication that needs to exist is the vote implication, not the implication that you need to be informed properly. simply getting people to vote won't mean that they'll be properly informed. but if you focus on informing people, at least you know the people doing the voting are informed, even if all the people aren't voting...

Voting is the first and easiest way to get people involved. The point of this thread is to inform people that their vote does count. The reason people aren't involved is because they don't feel their vote matters. The only way to get people active and informed is to convince them that they can make a change.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You work for the gov. And congress yet you say fukk voting.

Don't come in here tellin :duck: to try and save face now.

He probaly gettin paid as a part of Mitt Romneys campaign street team:laff:....to come on a hiphop message board and tell what they assume are all black people not to vote....I see you:whoo:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:wtf:

Absolute non-sense. Politically we aren't competitive because Democrats already know they have your vote. If I'm a Democrat why would I have to campaign hard in your area? All I would have to hit hard on is "turning out".

:lolbron:

Charlotte is 35 percent Black. Latino/Hispanics make up 13 percent. Although it was the "National Convention" the bulk of that convention was about the importance of courting "Latino Voters" :whew:

What's next? The DNC being held on the South Side of Chicago and the Latino voting block dominating the conversation? It's because they are swing voters. Politicians are aware they have to appeal to them and meet their needs.

You don't have to do that with black voters as you can see with 50 years of Democratic policies and voting.

Because from a National standpoint Latinos not only outnumber Blacks but Latino are far more involved in the political system than Blacks have been in the past 20 years or so. Latinos run for office, they protest and they represent every facet of the process. While Blacks vote heavily Democratic, our involvement has not been where it should be and we do not hold our elected officials feet to the fire, until oddly enough the Obama presidency.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Voting is the first and easiest way to get people involved. The point of this thread is to inform people that their vote does count. The reason people aren't involved is because they don't feel their vote matters. The only way to get people active and informed is to convince them that they can make a change.

you sound brainwashed, for real. your posts are coming off like some sort of political pamphlet for kids...

first it's the call to action, then if someone provides a reasonable and logical reason as to why they don't vote, then you ask them what they're doing to improve things around them. then, someone says we should focus on properly informing people, you go back into your same speech about how voting does all that knowing that it doesn't do anything damn near that. oh, and how your vote counts and how people feel like their vote doesn't matter. now, if i'm saying i'd like to have a none of the above option and have that be legitimately placed on ballots and it's not (and i doubt it ever will) how are you going to tell me my vote counts?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:snoop:

My point exactly.

I hate to use other minority groups as examples because our histories are not the same but think about Asians including Indians. They are completely irrelevant politically but are the highest earners when it comes to income in America.

We already know how they dominate science and math. They have low divorce rates and 17% out of wedlock birth. 17 percent while ours hovers around 70. SMH It's not rocket science man. It was almost impossible finding information on their divorce rates and out of wedlock birth rates. Lol because it almost doesn't exist. Google auto -corrected me to "African American out of wedlock births" smh.

They behave in a way that breeds success no matter who is in office. It's the basics man. The basics. Graduate highschool. Don't have out of wedlock kids. Everything else will take care of itself but collectively blacks aren't doing that. :snoop:

You can't compare immigrants to born here citizens. Asians and Indians that are born in the hood are no better off than anybody else.

I didn't say voting was our only problem or that it would fix our problems. Point is, participating in politics COULD help us, and it only takes 5 minutes to vote so why not do it. We all waist time posting on The Coli and watching nonsense on tv. It wouldn't hurt to spend some of that time reading and participating in politics.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
you sound brainwashed, for real. your posts are coming off like some sort of political pamphlet for kids...

:what: I sound brainwashed cause I'm encouraging people to inform themselves and participate in the world around them.

But you say "It's all fukked up, so I don't care":mindblown:

You are the one who's brainwashing yourself.

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
Everywhere I look it's a new nikka wit a new reason he's not voting. It literally takes 5 minutes of your life, it's not dangerous, and it COULD benefit you. Why not take part in it?

People spend millions upon millions of dollars on elections but somehow you nikkas think it's not worth your five minutes.

What kind of people do this ? Rich ass white people , right ? The people who already own shyt , right ? .. These people are beneficiaries of this crooked ass system. They have something to lose , dont know if the average Joe does.

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
You can't compare immigrants to born here citizens. Asians and Indians that are born in the hood are no better off than anybody else.

I didn't say voting was our only problem or that it would fix our problems. Point is, participating in politics COULD help us, and it only takes 5 minutes to vote so why not do it. We all waist time posting on The Coli and watching nonsense on tv. It wouldn't hurt to spend some of that time reading and participating in politics.

I stated that it's tough to compare but Asian-Americans exhibit traits that bode well under any Presidency.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
first it's the call to action, then if someone provides a reasonable and logical reason as to why they don't vote, then you ask them what they're doing to improve things around them. then, someone says we should focus on properly informing people, you go back into your same speech about how voting does all that knowing that it doesn't do anything damn near that. oh, and how your vote counts and how people feel like their vote doesn't matter. now, if i'm saying i'd like to have a none of the above option and have that be legitimately placed on ballots and it's not (and i doubt it ever will) how are you going to tell me my vote counts?

If you are not doing anything to improve your surroundings, then you don't have a logical reason to not vote. Either your trying to improve yourself or your not. I didn't say voting informs people. I said it is a good way to get them active and makes them want to inform themselves. You obviously don't know what your talking about because there are many ways to submit a protest vote. You said you want a none of the above option to show them you don't like anybody, well there are plenty of ways to do that now. Write a letter to your congressmen. Go protest outside of the voting locations.

What your doing is making excuses to stay misinformed and inactive.

Nefflum nigga

Bred from insolence
Daps
Reppin
St.louis
:what: I sound brainwashed cause I'm encouraging people to inform themselves and participate in the world around them.

My n1gga

isnt it up to the electoral college who wins?

Our votes havent mattered since this was implemented in the mid 60s

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What kind of people do this ? Rich ass white people , right ? The people who already own shyt , right ? .. These people are beneficiaries of this crooked ass system. They have something to lose , dont know if the average Joe does.

They have something to loose and we have something to gain.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps

you're spitting the same political dogma you can read in a "voting counts" pamphlet. now, i started off by demonstrating one simple facet of how the system of getting your voice heard (and more importantly, incorporating all voices in the process) can improve and you totally bypass that point with more political bullshyt about how you can write in an option. i said have a NONE OF THE ABOVE option not a WRITE YOUR OWN option. i haven't even gotten into the other flawed issues surrounding voting within this country

then you tell me to participate regardless so i can change it? what are you? mental? the system isn't designed to handle my voice yet you feel like i should still participate? oh, you mean act like a sheep? so become properly informed and go against how i feel and what i believe just so i can change it later? what type of bullshyt are you smoking?

you sounding really really stupid...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
you're spitting the same political dogma you can read in a "voting counts" pamphlet. now, i started off by demonstrating one simple facet of how the system of getting your voice heard (and more importantly, incorporating all voices in the process) can improve and you totally bypass that point with more political bullshyt about how you can write in an option. i said have a NONE OF THE ABOVE option not a WRITE YOUR OWN option. i haven't even gotten into the other flawed issues surrounding voting within this country

then you tell me to participate regardless so i can change it? what are you? mental? the system isn't designed to handle my voice yet you feel like i should still participate? oh, you mean act like a sheep? so become properly informed and go against how i feel and what i believe just so i can change it later? what type of bullshyt are you smoking?

you sounding really really stupid...

Again you are making excuses to stay misinformed and inactive. If you don't like the system FIX IT. you claim to have all these feelings about whats wrong with the system but when I give you ideas on how you can work around or fix those problems, you say "it's all fukked up so I'm just not gonna deal with it" you are the one that sounds stupid, and the worst part is you are proud of your stupidity.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I don't vote for several reasons. But I think patriotism and good ole rhetoric have clouded to reasons why people should actually vote/arguments against those who choose not to vote.

If you think voting is the highlight action of changing this country, you're actually very wrong. It's one of the weakest points of "action" ever.