Why do black folks look for reasons NOT to vote

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Because I choose to not say why i'm not voting means i'm not informed about politics? :what:

please go. you know nothing about me

yeah, i'm powerless because i'm not voting :childplease:

You don't have a reason, just excuses for your willful ignorance. If you were informed you would understand the importance of participating in politics.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
The only way to redesign it is to participate. YOU have to fight for and vote for people that can change it, or you have to change it yourself.

One thing for sure is, NOT participating won't change the system

not true. and there's less of a chance that participating in it will bring about change in it for the simple fact that you have to conform to the rules of the system when you decide to participate in it.

you sound like an idealist for something that's already been proven not ideal. while nothing ever is, i'm the type of person that believes in things being redesigned after some time has past. how would that look? me putting forth a vote to redesign the voting system and hoping the the current voting system works in favor of a new voting system? that's so redundant it's stupid...

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
I'm not talking about democrats, I'm talking about black folks. We get no respect politicly because we don't vote. I don't care who you vote for, but if these politicians actually thought we would vote, then they would do more things to deserve our vote.

:wtf:

Absolute non-sense. Politically we aren't competitive because Democrats already know they have your vote. If I'm a Democrat why would I have to campaign hard in your area? All I would have to hit hard on is "turning out".

:lolbron:

Charlotte is 35 percent Black. Latino/Hispanics make up 13 percent. Although it was the "National Convention" the bulk of that convention was about the importance of courting "Latino Voters" :whew:

What's next? The DNC being held on the South Side of Chicago and the Latino voting block dominating the conversation? It's because they are swing voters. Politicians are aware they have to appeal to them and meet their needs.

You don't have to do that with black voters as you can see with 50 years of Democratic policies and voting.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
not true. and there's less of a chance that participating in it will bring about change in it for the simple fact that you have to conform to the rules of the system when you decide to participate in it.

you sound like an idealist for something that's already been proven not ideal. while nothing ever is, i'm the type of person that believes in things being redesigned after some time has past. how would that look? me putting forth a vote to redesign the voting system and hoping the the current voting system works in favor of a new voting system? that's so redundant it's stupid...

So how do you propose we fix it?

Since you won't participate in politics, what are you doing to help shape your world the way you need it to be?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y'all some c00n azz bytches if you don't vote for Obama....its simple really:obama:....you don't mind seein a good nikka unemployed for a rich cac who really don't give a fuk about you:manny:...y'all woulda just stayed in the shed while the other slaves wuz uprising "bu bu but we still gon be black in america Nat,what's the point:why:"...."I I I I'm gettin used the shackles,I can live with em:why:"....I'm dissapointed....go ahead and spit on the graves of black folks who died for your right to vote.....:pacspit:......:leon:oh fa real?that's how u feel:mjpls:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps

Since you won't participate in politics, what are you doing to help shape your world the way you need it to be?

i already suggested a "none of the above" option. however, i bet that option will NEVER come into existence simply because it would highlight the flaws of the options provided IMMEDIATELY thus forcing people to really evaluate their choices and candidates they provide.

but honestly, i don't even care what you guys do in this country or how you decide to run it. it's already fukked up, politically speaking and i'm not trying to fix it hence why i'm not participating in it. i feel no sense of patriotism or commitment to this place where i need to strain myself to fix the problems of this country. i'd rather go somewhere else and make a choice on where i live instead of feeling tied to a place or without options and forced to participate.

it's a big world...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Absolute non-sense. Politically we aren't competitive because Democrats already know they have your vote. If I'm a Democrat why would I have to campaign hard in your area? All I would have to hit hard on is "turning out".

Charlotte is 35 percent Black. Latino/Hispanics make up 13 percent. Although it was the "National Convention" the bulk of that convention was about the importance of courting "Latino Voters" :whew:

What's next? The DNC being held on the South Side of Chicago and the Latino voting block dominating the conversation? It's because they are swing voters. Politicians are aware they have to appeal to them and meet their needs.

You don't have to do that with black voters as you can see with 50 years of Democratic policies and voting.

The only way to show them they don't automatically have our vote is for more of us to become active and go vote. Barely half of eligible black Americans are even registered to vote and among those that are registered only about 85% actually go vote.

If you had a million dollars and 45 minutes to court voters you would ignore black folks too because the couple votes you would get are not worth the resources it would take to get them.

⠀⠀⠀

HARRIS 2024
Daps
Reppin
CORONA, CA
You don't have a reason, just excuses for your willful ignorance. If you were informed you would understand the importance of participating in politics.

i work for the government and with the congressional district in my state. i participate in politics

you're ignorant because you know nothing about me and keep making these idiotic assumptions.

like i said before, i do not owe you any explanation for anything. You are a nobody

please have a good day and stop worrying about black people like you are making a difference with something.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:childplease: that would mean you should start voting republican if you want democrats fighting for your vote if that's your strategy...then democrats would start dikkriding us to get our votes back....republicans would cater to us knowing our vote is actually up for grabs,and won't just think we automatically voting democrat so don't cater to us at all...I can respect a strategy like that,but these "I'm not voting so I can change shyt:youngsabo:" azz nikkas....just say u don't care and don't wanna wait in line:laff:....we can work that strategy out next election...not this one:obama:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Y'all some c00n azz bytches if you don't vote for Obama....its simple really:obama:....you don't mind seein a good nikka unemployed for a rich cac who really don't give a fuk about you:manny:...y'all woulda just stayed in the shed while the other slaves wuz uprising "bu bu but we still gon be black in america Nat,what's the point:why:"...."I I I I'm gettin used the shackles,I can live with em:why:"....I'm dissapointed....go ahead and spit on the graves of black folks who died for your right to vote.....:pacspit:......:leon:oh fa real?that's how u feel:mjpls:

So I'm a c00n for not wanting to vote for someone who slaughtered many of our brothers in Libya, and have gave good amount of our money to bankers? :leostare:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i already suggested a "none of the above" option. however, i bet that option will NEVER come into existence simply because it would highlight the flaws of the options provided IMMEDIATELY thus forcing people to really evaluate their choices and candidates they provide.

but honestly, i don't even care what you guys do in this country or how you decide to run it. it's already fukked up, politically speaking and i'm not trying to fix it hence why i'm not participating in it. i feel no sense of patriotism or commitment to this place where i need to strain myself to fix the problems of this country. i'd rather go somewhere else and make a choice on where i live instead of feeling tied to a place or without options and forced to participate.

it's a big world...

There is a none of the above option. Go cast your ballot and don't pick any candidates. Or go cast your ballot and write-in a candidate.

If you plan on not being an American citizen in the future, then go right ahead. You are correct none of this should matter to you if your leaving.

Unless you move to a country that is directly affected by America, which is most if the world, then these stupid policies will just follow you.

Foreigners are more involved and concerned about American poloitics than allot of Americans

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i mean, even the simple fact that you made a thread calling black people to vote already highlights a flaw in your thinking. you didn't make a thread informing people of the candidates, you told people you need to vote. not be informed, just vote. what type of logic is that? express yourself, in an uninformed manner?

you can talk about all the things you're implying when you say vote, but the only implication that needs to exist is the vote implication, not the implication that you need to be informed properly. simply getting people to vote won't mean that they'll be properly informed. but if you focus on informing people, at least you know the people doing the voting are informed, even if all the people aren't voting...

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
There is a none of the above option. Go cast your ballot and don't pick any candidates. Or go cast your ballot and write-in a candidate.

If you plan on not being an American citizen in the future, then go right ahead. You are correct none of this should matter to you if your leaving.

Unless you move to a country that is directly affected by America, which is most if the world, then these stupid policies will just follow you.

Foreigners are more involved and concerned about American poloitics than allot of Americans

:snoop:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i work for the government and with the congressional district in my state. i participate in politics

you're ignorant because you know nothing about me and keep making these idiotic assumptions.

like i said before, i do not owe you any explanation for anything. You are a nobody

please have a good day and stop worrying about black people like you are making a difference with something.

You work for the gov. And congress yet you say fukk voting.

Don't come in here tellin :duck: to try and save face now.

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa

:snoop:

My point exactly.

I hate to use other minority groups as examples because our histories are not the same but think about Asians including Indians. They are completely irrelevant politically but are the highest earners when it comes to income in America.

We already know how they dominate science and math. They have low divorce rates and 17% out of wedlock birth. 17 percent while ours hovers around 70. SMH It's not rocket science man. It was almost impossible finding information on their divorce rates and out of wedlock birth rates. Lol because it almost doesn't exist. Google auto -corrected me to "African American out of wedlock births" smh.

They behave in a way that breeds success no matter who is in office. It's the basics man. The basics. Graduate highschool. Don't have out of wedlock kids. Everything else will take care of itself but collectively blacks aren't doing that. :snoop: